The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The little Canon's are brilliant printers and I have been delighted with mine, especially when Aldi reduced the CP1300 to £35 in our local store last year. Thanks for the reminder on the non-OEM battery pack, just ordered one from Amazon for £25 ( the Canon is £180ish).

The IQ is brilliant on the whole series and very reliable printers too. My original CP910 is nearly 8 years old hasn't missed a beat.

If you can bear the pink coloured one, it is £119.20 on the 20% off EBAY promotion.
Thanks for the feedback. Just picked up a CP1300 with genuine battery and unopened 108 print pack on eBay at a good price.

Thanks for the feedback. Just picked up a CP1300 with genuine battery and unopened 108 print pack on eBay at a good price.
Brilliant, same picture quality as the new CP1500, just slightly slower. Teaching Granny etc but don't be tempted by the 'replacement ink/paper' deals on Amazon etc. Canon OEM is not much more expensive and is pukka stuff.

Its a nice bit of kit, I actually forgot I had one and found it in my cupboard recently, need to get out and get some things worth printing!

Something I've been thinking about today; Do you use the built in Film Simulations? Either for SOOC Jpegs, or as a profile in Lightroom / C1 when processing your files?

Something I've been thinking about today; Do you use the built in Film Simulations? Either for SOOC Jpegs, or as a profile in Lightroom / C1 when processing your files?

me or everyone?

I have always processed my own photos. I know the attraction oif a SOOC jpeg to upload but almost always I will find something off with a photo, like tilt, or minor crop out certain things in the corner. Or someting I HAD to photoshop out before i show it to the world but at the time I had no way to remove it in camera...

Also, I like to have a photo that looks like mine, my processing, not something everyone else also uses.

Funnily enough considering Fuji are renowned for their Film Simulations I rarely of ever touch them beyond the b&w with colour filters, but even then I use that only as a starting point.

I am exactly the same with the little Lumix GX9 I recently picked up and only use the b&w simulation on that and again tweak to taste.

For everything colour, regardless of what camera it came out of I like to edit that from ‘scratch’.

me or everyone?

I have always processed my own photos. I know the attraction oif a SOOC jpeg to upload but almost always I will find something off with a photo, like tilt, or minor crop out certain things in the corner. Or someting I HAD to photoshop out before i show it to the world but at the time I had no way to remove it in camera...

Also, I like to have a photo that looks like mine, my processing, not something everyone else also uses.
To everyone. I'm just interested as to how many of us use the simulations or not. One of the big attractions to Fuji for me was the film simulations but I've been experimenting with processing from scratch, just using the Adobe Colour profiles in LR and I like the results. They're not better as such, just different.

To everyone. I'm just interested as to how many of us use the simulations or not. One of the big attractions to Fuji for me was the film simulations but I've been experimenting with processing from scratch, just using the Adobe Colour profiles in LR and I like the results. They're not better as such, just different.

It's just whether you like the flavour of it's in camera processing that's all.

I have thought about it....and have set my X100 to shoot both RAW and Jpeg. However, old habits die hard.

I use them as a preview of what the shot could be. Then I use them as a base to edit the raws - usually not far off the jpg, but I like to get it as good as it can be, plus sort the crop out and clone anything etc.

It's just whether you like the flavour of it's in camera processing that's all.

I have thought about it....and have set my X100 to shoot both RAW and Jpeg. However, old habits die hard.
I have my X-T4 set to put Raw on one card and jpegs on the other. For motorsport stuff I tend to use Classic Chrome as a base, and for general photography I really love the look of Classic Neg. Coming from a Canon DSLR I never had anything like the film simulations available so I suppose I feel I should use them all the time.

I have my X-T4 set to put Raw on one card and jpegs on the other. For motorsport stuff I tend to use Classic Chrome as a base, and for general photography I really love the look of Classic Neg. Coming from a Canon DSLR I never had anything like the film simulations available so I suppose I feel I should use them all the time.

I never understand the logic in this, I understand shooting JPGs with a Fuji in addition to the RAWs as you can zoom in further on the JPG on the camera, but with memory cards being cheap and the cameras pretty nippy, why not shoot RAW+JPG to each card. In your scenario if you had a RAW card failure (unlikely event I agree but still possible) then wouldn't you want the backup to also be RAW, you'd really kick yourself if your 'shot of a lifetime' was corrupted and you only had the JPG.

I never understand the logic in this, I understand shooting JPGs with a Fuji in addition to the RAWs as you can zoom in further on the JPG on the camera, but with memory cards being cheap and the cameras pretty nippy, why not shoot RAW+JPG to each card. In your scenario if you had a RAW card failure (unlikely event I agree but still possible) then wouldn't you want the backup to also be RAW, you'd really kick yourself if your 'shot of a lifetime' was corrupted and you only had the JPG.
:plus1: That's how I set mine up and although I've never had a card fail and never use the JPGS I think it is the wisest way.

For my general, non-motorsport photography I tend to use the jpegs. I'm not shooting hundreds of images so I just grab them off the camera using the Fuji phone app and tweak them lightly in LR. But, I have the Raw to go back to should I ever want to do a more in depth edit, change the film simulation etc.

For motorsport work, I use my iPad Pro to process and tend to use the Raws. I have the jpeg as a backup in the extremely unlikely event the card fails. I can also easily grab the jpeg direct from the camera for a quick Instagram post straight from the trackside should I want to, without faffing about importing and editing a Raw on my iPad. I've had a digital camera for 15 years and never, ever had a card fail. I use good quality cards and I have a few of them so I rotate them so the same card isn't constantly being used all the time. I could do this by shooting Raw + jpeg to each card as well I suppose but it just makes sense to me to have Raw on one card and jpeg on the other.

I shoot RAW and JPEG on separate cards. I’ve also never had a card fail so happy with that. I do enjoy messing with the film sims and have a few bespoke “recipes” set up also. Currently playing with a Canon FD 50 macro and A Kodacolor 64 recipe from Fujixweekly.
i do also like the b&w with filters

:plus1: That's how I set mine up and although I've never had a card fail and never use the JPGS I think it is the wisest way.
. I've had a digital camera for 15 years and never, ever had a card fail.
I shoot RAW and JPEG on separate cards. I’ve also never had a card fail so happy with that.

I've had card failure - not in camera but when inserting/removing from computer - it is rare but it does happen........ given that the option is there I'd rather shoot RAW+JPG to both slots - but it is personal choice.

Depending on what the shot is, I will have a scroll through the profiles to see if I like any of the variants. Mono I will take a peek on Acros, and then sometimes adjust from there.

I apply the Lightroom "Provia" profile as an import preset, and use that as a base for my editing. For Landscape images I usually use the Velvia profile.

I think i am addicted to buy (collect) Fuji cameras, there is a X100T and X-E3, both in box and great condition on LCE....if only had they been in black and had only a X-Pro2 turn up!!

Been looking at a month and not seen one on LCE yet.

There's a black X100T in MPB at the moment Raymond.
I think i am addicted to buy (collect) Fuji cameras, there is a X100T and X-E3, both in box and great condition on LCE....if only had they been in black and had only a X-Pro2 turn up!!

Been looking at a month and not seen one on LCE yet.

Really? I've always found the opposite. I usually go for "Good" condition and struggle to see any signs of use.

See my recent thread on the subject.

I find LCE's description to be a lot more honest and inline with my perception of condition and I find their prices also a lot more attractive.

See my recent thread on the subject.

I find LCE's description to be a lot more honest and inline with my perception of condition and I find their prices also a lot more attractive.
Yes I always find this with MPB descriptions. "Like New" or "Excellent" but no box, or no lens hood, or no strap. How do you lose a lens hood? If the item has anything missing then it should be Good condition at best.

View attachment 380326

Saturday worship

Early afternoon in Hull.

I should post more, but I’m a bit rubbish at keeping up.

T3 and Newer 25mm
Really like that. If you cropped the modern To Let sign and the street signs out it would be timeless

Last edited:
Picked up an X-T5 as part of an X-T3 part ex a couple of weeks ago. Wilkinsons cameras gave a far better price for a good condition X-T3 compared to Jessops (£130 more!).

Really enjoying the X-T5. Heard a few issues regarding autofocus but mine hasn't missed a beat. Far superior at eye detection on my toddler daughter than the X-T3. I also think Lightroom renders the RAW files a bit better than my X-T3. Might be placebo, but so far so good.

Also not noticed any issues with lenses which arent optimised to the 40MP sensor. My 10-24 looks lovely and sharp.

A walk around Beeston and Peckforton on Saturday with my X-T4 and the 18-55mm kit lens. The weather was dull, grey and murky so none of my landscape shots were any good, but I still had a willing model with me

DSCF5787-2.jpg

DSCF5788-2.jpg

DSCF5795.jpg

DSCF5813.jpg

DSCF5821.jpg

Speaking of pine cones. (old photo, not sure if i've posted here before)

7k5mTpA.jpg

Took a trip to Glencoe area last week. I was hoping for some snowy/frosty sunrise shots, so I checked weather reports for the past decade, referenced old youtube videos from the area etc, late January is pretty much a sure thing... Soon after booking late last year, I saw the headline that for the first time in decades, Scotland was 100% snow free...

Fast forward to January and as the day creeps closer, Thomas Heaton is posting a series of videos from a VERY snowy Scotland, while the forecast for my trip was saying "Strong winds and heavy rain" - After a 10 hour drive we arrived to just that. I didn't sleep well, still pretty wired from the drive, and after a while started to see a little bit of colour coming through the crack in the curtains. I dragged myself out of bed to get outside and shoot a few shots as the sun popped up. Little did I know this was going to be the only semi-decent light we'd get. We'd arrived in the dark so hadn't done any recon for where to go or where to park other than some bookmarks on google maps, so we opted to stay around the grounds of the hotel for the sunrise....

Scotland by Jamie Moulton, on Flickr

After breakfast, we headed out to some of the spots I had marked on the map, first of which was "Lochan na h-Achlaise" -

I'm glad we forced ourselves up and out, as from lunchtime onward the weather moved in and photography for the rest of the trip wasn't great - either heavy rain and poor visibility, or flat grey skies. There are a few more to come, but they require some serious polishing and rolling in glitter.

Despite the weather though, it was an amazing trip and an awe inspiring place to see regardless of photography. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't been yet.

Last edited:
Took a trip to Glencoe area last week. I was hoping for some snowy/frosty sunrise shots, so I checked weather reports for the past decade, referenced old youtube videos from the area etc, late January is pretty much a sure thing... Soon after booking late last year, I saw the headline that for the first time in decades, Scotland was 100% snow free...

Fast forward to January and as the day creeps closer, Thomas Heaton is posting a series of videos from a VERY snowy Scotland, while the forecast for my trip was saying "Strong winds and heavy rain" - After a 10 hour drive we arrived to just that. I didn't sleep well, still pretty wired from the drive, and after a while started to see a little bit of colour coming through the crack in the curtains. I dragged myself out of bed to get outside and shoot a few shots as the sun popped up. Little did I know this was going to be the only semi-decent light we'd get. We'd arrived in the dark so hadn't done any recon for where to go or where to park other than some bookmarks on google maps, so we opted to stay around the grounds of the hotel for the sunrise....

After breakfast, we headed out o some of the spots I had marked on the map, first of which was "Lochan na h-Achlaise" -

I'm glad we forced ourselves up and out, as from lunchtime onward the weather moved in and photography for the rest of the trip wasn't great - either heavy rain and poor visibility, or flat grey skies. There are a few more to come, but they require some serious polishing and rolling in glitter.

Despite the weather though, it was an amazing trip and an awe inspiring place to see regardless of photography. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't been yet.

Wow - stunning shots

For a variety of reasons, not picked up a camera for a nearly a month - but today it was sunny (though cold) a trip to the seaside was in order. (All X100F)

Sea View - Llandudno by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Pier View - Llandudno by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Pirates - Llandudno by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Into The Sun - Llandudno by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Love the 1st one - very cold war for something that is supposed to be somewhere nice to sit and look out to sea

Typical !!

I have carried my little X100 around with me in my bag for weeks and not seen much that inspired me to snap away.

Didn't take the bag with the X100 in when we went out on Monday, as we were only going to a couple of shops in town and to the wife's blood donor appointment. Decided to bimble along the seafront as we had a few mins to spare, there was a sea mist meaning wasn't alot to see but spotted this from the van, pulled over and literally snapped it quick with my (ahem) iPhone.

Foggy SUP’er by iam_BLOATER, on Flickr

And it made Flickr Explore :oops: :$ :rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
Typical !!

I have carried my little X100 around with me in my bag for weeks and not seen much that inspired me to snap away.

Didn't take the bag with the X100 in when we went out on Monday, as we were only going to a couple of shops in town and to the wife's blood donor appointment. Decided to bimble along the seafront as we had a few mins to spare, there was a sea mist meaning wasn't alot to see but spotted this from the van, pulled over and literally snapped it quick with my (ahem) iPhone.

Foggy SUP’er by iam_BLOATER, on Flickr

And it made Flickr Explore :oops: :$ :rolleyes::cool:

Typical! Great shot though, well spotted!

After breakfast, we headed out o some of the spots I had marked on the map, first of which was "Lochan na h-Achlaise" -

Absolutely stunning selection of shots.
Nice selection of pics (y)
Thank you. Originally shot them using a Fuji Superia 800 jpeg film simulation recipe but really didn't like the results on such a dull day so had to reprocess them.

Back