The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I had a day in the Lake District yesterday. Thought I'd have a look at what damage my storm caused. After negotiating lots of "Do not cross" tape I finished up stood on a bridge parapet. The track was directly behind me. The track carried on the other side of the river directly in front of me, just to the right of the tree slightly left of centre. The river is approx 50 yards wide here. Only trouble is the bridge ain't there anymore. That is it on the bottom left of the shot. All 100 tons of it was moved by the river to where it is now. That's some force of water.

FXT18421
by mickledore on Talk Photography

Anyone preordering the 100-400+1.4TC bundle it seems a reasonable buy rather than the individual bits

That's very nice Frank, great foreground giving a good base & three dimensional feel to the shot, nice sky with spot on exposure.(y)

George.
Thanks George. I'm a bit unsure of the r/h side. I just wonder if there's too much nothing. I have another copy as my desktop that has been cropped in. Can't make my mind up.
I used to be indecisive but I'm not sure I am anymore.

I used to be indecisive but I'm not sure I am anymore.

I know the feeling Frank, but back to the shot.

"In my book it's a "Whoopensocker" as they say in these parts".:D:D

George.

Samyang 12mm ordered, can't wait now [emoji2]

That's going to be my next purchase at payday where's the best place to get it from. I was looking at Digital Rev but they have put the price up considerably. There's a few sellers in eBay but never heard of them.

I never thought about WB. I'm using the Hoya PRO ND 1000 filter. Colour is as shot other than the usual minor tweaks. WB is as it was.
I took quite a few yesterday with both this and the PRO ND 32 5stop filter. I even stacked the two of them together for a couple of shots. Haven't touched WB on any of them.

Colour seems to be a pretty faithful reflection of what was there. Colours are a bit washed out because it was a dull, dreary day. Think it adds to the shot.

Did you have s colour cast to worry about? My ten stoppers all shift colours one way or another so b&w is the easy/lazy fix. If you did have a cast you got rid of it well.
I never thought about WB. I'm using the Hoya PRO ND 1000 filter. Colour is as shot other than the usual minor tweaks. WB is as it was.
I took quite a few yesterday with both this and the PRO ND 32 5stop filter. I even stacked the two of them together for a couple of shots. Haven't touched WB on any of them.

Colour seems to be a pretty faithful reflection of what was there. Colours are a bit washed out because it was a dull, dreary day. Think it adds to the shot.

The Hoya Pro filters are pretty neutral in my experience unlike the Hitech blue cast and SRB magenta cast, but you cannot close the aperture too far as at F16 and above (up to F22) you can start to see funny coating effects in the filter, almost like little octagons, the first time I saw them I thought that I had a dirty sensor but it's definitely on the filter as proved by further experimentation.

Samyang 12mm ordered, can't wait now [emoji2]

A great lens, though I sold mine beacuse the 14mm XF was just that bit more practical. (AF, shares a hood and filter thread with 18-55 so less accessory clutter in my bag, colour rendering consistency across all my lenses now etc etc)

After a bit of advice. I'm heading off on a trip this week and taking my X-T1 with the 18-135mm lens only. Decided on just the one lens mainly because I just want to experience the trip but also, in some locations, changing lenses might not be a good idea. I'm also taking my Olympus TG-4 for snorkelling and if it's really wet. We are starting off with a cruise of the Galápagos, so hoping to get close ups of some of the birds and animals. The second part of the trip is to the Peruvian Amazon. We're only there for a few days but I think we'll be taken on walks of the rainforest, kayaking etc. My question is what settings would be best to use in rainforest (low light) situations? I'll have my kit flash but guessing that won't be of much use.

Would be grateful for any tips.

Thanks

Ros

1) Hope the OIS is good enough and pray nothing moves 2) Take a Tripod and hope nothing moves. 3) Take your kit flash and up the ISO, it's surprisingly punchy as long as you don't need it to work over great distances. If you're relying on your slowest lens only you don't really give yourself a lot of options. In reality is a rainforest really THAT dark?

Reactions: Ros
1) Hope the OIS is good enough and pray nothing moves 2) Take a Tripod and hope nothing moves. 3) Take your kit flash and up the ISO, it's surprisingly punchy as long as you don't need it to work over great distances. If you're relying on your slowest lens only you don't really give yourself a lot of options. In reality is a rainforest really THAT dark?
Thanks. Not taking tripod so will have a go with the kit flash and high ISO. Just going by what I've read on the lack of light in the rainforest but I guess I'll find out soon!

Back