The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Here we are. Standing by Salford Quays in the pouring rain.
The famous brolly was in use here, held over the camera for the full 20 secs exposure. I did try longer with a 5 stopper but the rain managed to get through.

For those interested the brolly was a Knirps. 1980's yuppies will know what that means.

Singing in the rain
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

And this one you've already seen from @Mr Perceptive , but I don't care!

The Tunnel

@mickledore Couple of nice shots Frank, particularly like the tunnel shot.(y)

George.

Thanks George.
As you might suspect this is a disused rail tunnel that has now been opened to the public as part of a walking route through The Peak District.
Hard work getting that shot. Lots of folk wanted to use the tunnel. Most inconsiderate!

@Mr Perceptive
Ground level?
15th floor is where men with hair on their chests go.
Of course you've got to get onto the site and then past security.
On the 13th floor there is a JCB. Don't ask how it got there because I've no idea!
Got a shot somewhere if you really want to see it.

Oh dear. Why don't you look at my Flickr. It's been on there for some weeks.
Do try and keep up.
Did you go inside the building?
If not do you fancy a meet to go in?

Oh dear. Why don't you look at my Flickr. It's been on there for some weeks.
Do try and keep up.
Did you go inside the building?
If not do you fancy a meet to go in?

Amazingly there were at different locations!!! Must have painted up several for the film set. Mine was on Brunswick Place, basically a flat wall, with many posters, your's is in a corner!!!

Anyone would think we've been out shooting together, given the similarity of our pictures :D

Anyway on the subject of copycat (taken last year):-

150725 Salford Quays - Blue Hour Approaching sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

:D:exit:

Still enjoying learning my new graphite X-T1.....

Taking it to Australia in 2 weeks time just with its 18-55 kit lens.

On the lookout for one other lens to take with me for day to day shooting, any ideas, 35 / 18 ?...

Im more than happy with the XF18-135mm ois

Amazingly there were at different locations!!! Must have painted up several for the film set. Mine was on Brunswick Place, basically a flat wall, with many posters, your's is in a corner!!!

Anyone would think we've been out shooting together, given the similarity of our pictures :D

Anyway on the subject of copycat (taken last year):-

150725 Salford Quays - Blue Hour Approaching sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

:D:exit:

Yeah, but yours was taken in the dry. Anyone can take shots in the dry:D

Still no cash back despite all Fuji promises, or should we call them lies?
Methinks it's time for Small Claims Court, then they'll have court fees to pay as well.
Very disappointing.

@Mr Perceptive
And you never went in????

And you never went in????

There's a pattern developing here!

Past experience says that I should never do that sort of thing on my own, couple of dodgy moments could have meant injury and no-one to turn to for help.

Methinks it's time for Small Claims Court, then they'll have court fees to pay as well.
Very disappointing.

This is not good, I'm still waiting as well, maybe an email to a weekly publication's news desk might speed things up?

Yeah, but yours was taken in the dry. Anyone can take shots in the dry:D

No I can cock up a shot in the dry as well.........

@Mr Perceptive Top floor of the Tobacco Wharehouse. 15 floors up. How did it get there?

Anything we can do the Chinese will copy..... http://weburbanist.com/2012/01/08/high-anxiety-rooftop-excavators-tear-down-from-up-top/

Haven't tried it Jim. Have one on order, tho.
I ordered one this morning, the smaller 10mm one. Very reasonable at £14.36 delivered I thought, the Match technical soft releases sell for £20.

Nice. I like the way you've somehow given a derelict structure a very "clean" feel photographically :-D
This place has a chequered history.
As it's name suggests it was a Tobacco Wharehouse. The largest brick built building in the world, at the time, and may still be. 15 million bricks!
It has been a nightclub and it's last use was as a Sunday Flea Market on the bottom floor. The urbex lads used to bust a gut to get inside. The place is now going to be redeveloped into flats and accomodation. They have put security fences up, but there are gaps that you can just walk through - especially early on Sunday morning.
When I was in - on my own - I started hearing noises from other togs. Never saw anyone but not knowing who might be round the corner was a bit disconcerting.
I think there has been some tidying up going on as the early stages of redevelopment.

I finally got caught by security but that was when I was repacking my gear after leaving the site. He didn't seem too bothered as long as "I don't see you". I made an excuse and left.

Here you are. This is the view from the very top.
The building opposite was the Rum Warehouse but it's now a posh hotel.
The big expanse of water is Stanley Dock. This was the original starting point of the Leeds-Liverpool canal before they extended it as a Millenium project into the centre of the city.
I'll get my anorak and go!

Tobacco Warehouse

Very disappointing.
I wouldn't be very impressed. Must be a cock-up somewhere as I got mine reasonably quickly. I think promotions like these are handled by 3rd parties, which does explain things. Olympus promotions always were.

Loving the pics of Liverpool, I spent a lot of time there in the nineties and noughties when I worked for Ford. I'll have to get back over sometime and spend some time taking pics. I always loved Liverpool, friendly people. Very similar in a lot of ways to Belfast.

Loving the pics of Liverpool, I spent a lot of time there in the nineties and noughties when I worked for Ford. I'll have to get back over sometime and spend some time taking pics. I always loved Liverpool, friendly people. Very similar in a lot of ways to Belfast.
Happy to be your guide anytime you fancy a trip over.

I wouldn't be very impressed. Must be a cock-up somewhere as I got mine reasonably quickly. I think promotions like these are handled by 3rd parties, which does explain things. Olympus promotions always were.

Well, surprise, surprise.

They have been stringing me along for weeks now with continuous "lies".
As soon as I asked for the full name of the guy writing to me, and the address to send the County Court Summons I get a reply telling me that payment was made on Friday. Just a coincidence that payment was sent just before I started getting all legal with them. Of course I believe them, wouldn't you?

Well, surprise, surprise.

They have been stringing me along for weeks now with continuous "lies".
As soon as I asked for the full name of the guy writing to me, and the address to send the County Court Summons I get a reply telling me that payment was made on Friday. Just a coincidence that payment was sent just before I started getting all legal with them. Of course I believe them, wouldn't you?

Well hopefully it will be in your account this week, and I receive mine as well. Obviously you need yours to buy the 23mm........

I thought you were locked up on site in the wilds of Telford?

Our builder finishes today - after 7 weeks. Clean up is in progress. I might be allowed out tomorrow.

I thought you were locked up on site in the wilds of Telford?

Our builder finishes today - after 7 weeks. Clean up is in progress. I might be allowed out tomorrow.

Telford - Tues and Weds this week, but Tuesday might be a shortish day as I only have access to the production line to run 150 parts through, and at a cycle time of 20 seconds, that's about an hour!!! Will have to fix my software though......that might take a bit longer.....

And tomorrow is bright and sunny, so the 16 stopper might be a nice toy to play with. :)

Back