The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

xt10 flash absolutely fine for snaps, if your going for anything other than a snap you will prob need additional, I turn my flash down a tad so not to wash the face out but snaps are all good

Yes, probably just for snaps. I'm not a big las user in general but nice to be able to do a bit of fill flash when needed. So you can turn down the amount of flash the X-T10 puts out? I think it has a fill flash function?

Thanks

You can use flash exposure compensation. As above, I knock mine down a stop or so if I absolutely need to use it. Don't have the body to hand but I think I have flash exposure comp on the q menu.

Well I had at look at micro adjustment on my d750 with my lens again today and they have moved slightly again backward they were forward before... This no making me thing sell up and move to mirror less

Well I had at look at micro adjustment on my d750 with my lens again today and they have moved slightly again backward they were forward before... This no making me thing sell up and move to mirror less

Do it. Get it done. #mirrorlessrevolution #whatthefudeareyouwaitingfor?

There's something wrong with your testing methods, it cant be perect one day then out the next. Just make the decision.

Ordered a Nikon d5200 and tamron 70-300 vc used for action birds in flight etc as I couldn't afford the 100-400. Think it makes you appreciate the Fuji even more when you haven't had a dslr for ages. The weight of it compared to the xt1 and 50-230, miss the customisable menus of the Fuji, think I might just send it back and stick to the xt1 and just use the 50-230.

Are you tweaking her micro-adjusters?
Lol not sure of the proper process. Can you give me a step by step guide. I'd google it but I'm in work, I shudder to think what Google would throw up. o_O

With 2 stop loss of light that would make the 100-400mm F11 at the long end, that kind of limits the usefulness of the lens I would have thought ?

Lol not sure of the proper process. Can you give me a step by step guide. I'd google it but I'm in work, I shudder to think what Google would throw up. o_O
Sorry, it's been so long since I did it myself ...

You'll be able to take pictures of that old guy that John Lewis sent up there last Christmas.

Just thought I would post this , its from the new Not Vital exhibition at YSP, its a larger than life Camel Pelvis

p1945007427-4.jpg

Have just ordered an X-T10. (EDIT> Scrub that - I didn't like the form factor so am changing it for an X-E2S!). Since the year dot I have always used a protective filter on my lenses and am after suggestions for the 27mm and 18-55mm. I don't want a discussion on the pros and cons of using filters because it won't stop me using them. So if there are any similarly minded users I would be interested to know what brand you recommend. Have tried Hoya filters in the past but they were a PITA to clean. I've used Nikon NC filters for years and have found them to be very good.

Thanks,
AL

Last edited:
Have just ordered an X-T10. Since the year dot I have always used a protective filter on my lenses and am after suggestions for the 27mm and 18-55mm. I don't want a discussion on the pros and cons of using filters because it won't stop me using them. So if there are any similarly minded users I would be interested to know what brand you recommend. Have tried Hoya filters in the past but they were a PITA to clean. I've used Nikon NC filters for years and have found them to be very good.

Thanks,
AL

I use b+w and Hoya, prefer b+w but cost more.

I've put Cokin Harmonie on all my Fuji glass. Really low profile, I'm well impressed with them.

Interesting. I've never had an issue with Hoya but would be interested to know if B&W are actually better.

Interesting. I've never had an issue with Hoya but would be interested to know if B&W are actually better.

Theres a test on photography life where the bloke puts 4x b+w and tests sharpness, even with 4x filters on there's no reduction in iq. B+w uses brass instead of aluminium, less sticking. I wouldn't buy 77mm etc b+w because they just work out so expensive but I would smaller sizes. I think they are also made from schott glass.

All my screw on filters at b+w and I wouldn't have anything else

Back