The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

At £50 for a 58mm CPL though [emoji87] [emoji33]
Only buy once. I've a few different sizes over the years I just don't sell them I keep
Incase get a lens that fits

I'm really liking this thread btw guys, however do wonder if there's a UK specific site or forum others are using for Fuji / the X-T10?

Thanks for all your replies re the filters - much appreciated. I'll have to check out prices of the B + Ws.

AL

I am going to shoot the Red Arrows on Saturday so I don't have a lot of time to practice settings etc. Does anyone have any good tips/settings that are vast for tracking fast moving jets. Thanks!

Burst mode is your friend. The IS is pretty good if you have it so don't need to go crazy on shutter speed - keep above 200 and you'l do fine.
Overexpose a stop, your camera will want to expose for the sky, you'l need to bump it up a bit to get anything usable on the planes but carefull not to white out the sky.

Some of us aint too bad buddy. :D:D (I'm a Yank and softly spoken). :):)

George.

LOL! Some of my best friends are Yanks, mate, so no worries there. That said, their record on electing presidents leaves me speechless, never mind softly spoken. :D Where in the States are you from, George? And are you now UK based?

Depends on the information I guess. Third party products and suppliers may vary for example.

The fuji system is fairly closed compared to a lot of others in terms of 3rd party accessories and the stuff that does work would be international. Supplier's = Google, good information = forums.

Last edited:
The fuji system is fairly closed compared to a lot of others in terms of 3rd party accessories. Supplier's = Google.
Fair enough. I figured like many other manufacturers there'd be a dedicated UK Forum. If not, fair enough. It wasn't a personal attack on the yanks though [emoji52]

Hi
Spent some time with the guy in a local Jessop's today and had a good look round the Fuji X system and some of the competition. Came away pretty impressed to be honest. I don't think Jesse's do the same bundle that I've been looking at but they did mention an extended warranty that they sell for unlimited repairs. Question - has anyone bought one of these extended warranties either from a retailer or the SuperWarranty that Fuji sell?

I don't normally bother with extended warranties, but then again most appliances, TVs etc come with at least 5 year cover but cameras only come with one so was thinking for a small outlay it might be worth it.

Cheers

LOL! Some of my best friends are Yanks, mate, so no worries there. That said, their record on electing presidents leaves me speechless, never mind softly spoken. :D Where in the States are you from, George? And are you now UK based?

I'm from "Spring Creek" (Tennessee) Dunc, about half way between Memphis & Nashville. My time is spent roughly 50/50 between the UK & USA. In the States I/we grow cotton and my wife breeds quarter horses. In the UK I'm involved in photography & engineering.(y)

George.

Fair enough. I figured like many other manufacturers there'd be a dedicated UK Forum. If not, fair enough. It wasn't a personal attack on the yanks though [emoji52]

I've used a lot of systems and never really found a dedicated UK only manufacturer forum. I think this is probably the biggest mostly UK Forum I've come across for any manufacturer.

I've used a lot of systems and never really found a dedicated UK only manufacturer forum. I think this is probably the biggest mostly UK Forum I've come across for any manufacturer.
It's the only one I've had to use tbf so my previous claim was perhaps a tad ambitious.

Either way, I'll head over time the Fuji x forum for a looksie ;)

I'm from "Spring Creek" (Tennessee) Dunc, about half way between Memphis & Nashville. My time is spent roughly 50/50 between the UK & USA. In the States I/we grow cotton and my wife breeds quarter horses. In the UK I'm involved in photography & engineering.(y)

George.

Oh, well now you're even more one of my favourites! I love country music and Nashville is where it's at! :D I'm currently trying to get my wife to do line dancing with me, partially as a revenge for making me go through 20 hours of training for our wedding dance 10 years ago and mainly because I'd just love to line dance. :wacky: Yup, my DNA says I'm a cowboy. :D

I usually tend to have a fun time around the Americans. I remember being a in a rather crowded lift in Hawaii on my first honeymoon. Upon hearing my wife and I taking this American lady got so excited "oh my god!!! Are you guys from Australia??!"

We played along. I was Mick and my wife Sheila.

We are actually both from Essex. Good harmless fun.

I usually tend to have a fun time around the Americans. I remember being a in a rather crowded lift in Hawaii on my first honeymoon. Upon hearing my wife and I taking this American lady got so excited "oh my god!!! Are you guys from Australia??!"

We played along. I was Mick and my wife Sheila.

We are actually both from Essex. Good harmless fun.
Haha. My wife and I were in Vegas and were getting the lift down to the pool for the day (clearly dressed for the occasion). This biker couple joined us in the lift complete with leathers etc and asked how we were and we're we, "spending the day by the pool today?"

I then responded, "yeah, you?"

Naturally my intention was to ask what their plans were, however you could see the confusion on their faces when they assumed that I meant were they headed to the pool also, complete with inappropriate attire [emoji1]

Back