The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Gotta admit that my Nikon as much as I love it has sat in its bag since I got my XT1 in March :eek:.

I know the Nikon is better at certain things and I adore the Sigma 35 but Im managing (so far) to cope with just the Fuji and getting excellent results. Romance periods for me end after about 2 weeks, I just like using the Fuji and taking it with me everywhere instead of when I can be bothered.

[QUOTE="twist, post: 7421385, member: 30478"

Cameras get dust, especially mirrorless,...................../QUOTE]

Is that a proven fact? Only asking as it might very well affect my future purchase.

Thanks,
AL

Take the lens off a mirrorless and youll see the sensor. You can touch it with your finger. Why should it? Dust shouldnt be an issue, its easy to get rid of, pollen less so. Either way you can learn to clean correctly.

looking like that way at the moment...

Could try and get a CSC as people been saying as a 2nd then work with both and see which suites me..

Dear Lord, mate. Forget the equipment and go shoot photographs. Based upon your questions thus far, in this thread alone, I'd seriously doubt whether you'd notice any difference in IQ or even overall rendition of images between any of the systems. If you enjoy photography then go shoot your Nikon. If you just enjoy buying equipment then maybe change hobbies until you actually find something you enjoy doing as opposed to buying? You had my empathy a few hundred posts ago but we've come back full circle more times than I can count.

Reactions: JYC
Well, it's here and I loves it already. It feels great in hand, a proper piece of glass and metal.

Just need to get my adaptor now!

Take the lens off a mirrorless and youll see the sensor. You can touch it with your finger. Why should it? Dust shouldnt be an issue, its easy to get rid of, pollen less so. Either way you can learn to clean correctly.

Thanks - I was in the camp that thought mirrors in DSLR helped spread dust about because they move.

AL

Thanks - I was in the camp that thought mirrors in DSLR helped spread dust about because they move.

AL

Based on my usage I would have thought the same. I certainly had less sensor cleaning to do with my X-T1 compared with My Canon 5DMkII and more frequent lens changes on the Fuji.

Based on my usage I would have thought the same. I certainly had less sensor cleaning to do with my X-T1 compared with My Canon 5DMkII and more frequent lens changes on the Fuji.

I hardly ever have dust with my DLSRs (lots of kinds) and they saw a lot more use than my CSCs (lots of kinds) which I clean more often, but if the 5dii is like the 5di which I believe it pretty much is in terms of design then it would be a dust magnet... only dslr that I had to clean the OVF.

Still, Im not really bothered, I just get on with it and clean them as required.

Last edited:
So what are the lenses to get prime wise if looking for like 35/85 full frame equivelent?

So, on the subject of cleaning whats everyone using? I may try those gel sticks one day.

Degree of severity-
1) Rocket
2) Sensorklear
3) Wet clean

That reminds me, need another screen protector.

Technically there's the lesser spotted 56 APD, but yes there is those are the 23mm and 56mm ones you want JJ.

I'm also on the lookout for a 56, rarer than hen's teeth they are!

So, on the subject of cleaning whats everyone using? I may try those gel sticks one day.

Degree of severity-
1) Rocket
2) Sensorklear
3) Wet clean

That reminds me, need another screen protector.
I use an Eyelead gel stick after I saw it on Photographylife

Does the job without much risk to the sensor but can be a bit difficult to get stubborn sports that are well stuck on that a wet clean might find easier.

Bought a Larmor GGS screen protector but it's quite thick. The X-T1 you sold me also already had a really thin one on it I think, what brand was that?

I use an Eyelead gel stick after I saw it on Photographylife

Does the job without much risk to the sensor but can be a bit difficult to get stubborn sports that are well stuck on that a wet clean might find easier.

Thought that may be the case. Will try one next time.

Well, it's here and I loves it already. It feels great in hand, a proper piece of glass and metal.

Just need to get my adaptor now!
You'll also need to modify it so you can change aperture.

It must be a more modern version of the one I have. Is that what the silver switch is ?

It must be a more modern version of the one I have. Is that what the silver switch is ?
Exactly that. I know you need to do a mod on the pin with the older ones that don't have the switch and am quite thankful that I don't need to try lol

Exactly that. I know you need to do a mod on the pin with the older ones that don't have the switch and am quite thankful that I don't need to try lol

Depending on the adapter you have ordered you might find the switch becomes redundant anyway. My Kiwi adapter holds the pin down when it's screwed on so the switch makes no difference to operation.

It was a bit of a faff on the Nikon. Body wouldn't lock the mirror up unless the battery was fully charged which was a ballache.

Back