The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

You won't regret it. See how it's done @rookies?

Strange enough past hour I been thinking of getting one of these instead and keeping my d750 till I know which system to stick to or to run them along side

Strange enough past hour I been thinking of getting one of these instead and keeping my d750 till I know which system to stick to or to run them along side

This has now turned into plain trolling.

facepalm.gif

Very funny folks. Bye bye that me done.

Going to go try the XT1 over the bank holiday weekend to see how it feels to use alongside my D750 (when its back!).

Hoping it feels better in the hand than the xt10.

You won't regret it.

I'm really looking forward to getting it. Bit nervous as it's a lot of money when you have a perfectly decent (if heavy and large) system already. Massive thanks to lots of people in this thread that have contributed their thoughts, their pictures, their opinions. There is a lot of love out there for Fuji!

Going to go try the XT1 over the bank holiday weekend to see how it feels to use alongside my D750 (when its back!).

Hoping it feels better in the hand than the xt10.

I didn't like the xt10 as soon as I held it, love the xt1 though, feels perfect and one of the nicest cameras I've ever held.

I didn't like the xt10 as soon as I held it, love the xt1 though, feels perfect and one of the nicest cameras I've ever held.

Didn't realise the price of the 23/56.... nice looking lenses though!

Much as I love my x-t10, it does feel small and awkward, but I can't afford an x-t1. I have a grip arriving tomorrow, hopefully it will sort it.

has anybody got a Yongnuo 560-tx (Canon Version) on their X-T1. I have purchased one to control my YN560-III and YN465 (with RF-603c attached). Set up it fires both flashes on the test button but the X-T1 wont fire them.
If you have a system using the 560-TX working I'd be grateful if you could share your settings please.
thanks
Mark

Come back were a friendly bunch on here and having a laugh. If you had of said you wanted an XT10 sooner you could have had my mint one that I sold it to MPB for £275 last week.

Am here lol...

I only though about that option today pal only if I keep the D750 but in all honesty I rather just have one system and learn how to use one system and work with it rather than having 2 know what I mean.. But the XT1 would suite me more as it a bit bigger and it would fit my hands more tbh... So you started with a XT10 and move to a XT1?

I have been offered a good deal on a XT1 with the 18-55 lens I would get possible a 56mm to go with it but again i would like the 50-140 for zoo outings but it not a lens I would use a lot so may get the other fuji at £400 odd what ever it is think it 50-200

I still think you should be having a good long think about what you want to achieve and how to get there.

XT10 to XT1 then sold some gear and got an XT10 as a second body then sold it as wanted a dslr for action shots bought a Nikon d5200 last week had it for a day realised why I moved to Fuji and sent it back for a full refund the next day!!

It must be a more modern version of the one I have. Is that what the silver switch is ?

OK, so the oldest versions are the original preset aperture Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58/2 T. The two rings at the front control aperture. Next up, following WWII is the Helios 44, a clone made by the USSR with the gear found in their newly acquired East German Zeiss factory.

Following that was the Helios 44-2 with preset aperture again, Helios 44M with aperture switch and aperture ring at the lens mount end, and then the common Helios 44M-4 without switch.

There were also Helios 44-3, 44-5 and 44-6 variations, even a 7 I think and a Pentax K mount variant :eek: All based on that Biotar formula. Amazeballs.

XT10 to XT1 then sold some gear and got an XT10 as a second body then sold it as wanted a dslr for action shots bought a Nikon d5200 last week had it for a day realised why I moved to Fuji and sent it back for a full refund the next day!!

Like the Fuji for it size over the d5200 can't you get action shots with the xt1?

Had some files sent me raw files and wow they render quite nicely colourful and ISO 6400 ain't that bad at all better than canon 7d I had years ago

OK, so the oldest versions are the original preset aperture Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58/2 T. The two rings at the front control aperture. Next up, following WWII is the Helios 44, a clone made by the USSR with the gear found in their newly acquired East German Zeiss factory.

Following that was the Helios 44-2 with preset aperture again, Helios 44M with aperture switch and aperture ring at the lens mount end, and then the common Helios 44M-4 without switch.

There were also Helios 44-3, 44-5 and 44-6 variations, even a 7 I think and a Pentax K mount variant :eek: All based on that Biotar formula. Amazeballs.

There's a few, huh? :D

I'm now reading that I may have to mod the lens to keep the pin held in in order to shoot with it stopped down rather than wide open. This is despite the lens having a Manual / Auto switch. Do you know if this is definitely the case?

Last edited:
There's a few, huh? :D

I'm now reading that I will have to mod the lens to keep the pin held in in order to shoot with it stopped down rather than wide open. Is this definitely the case?

No, it depends on your adapter. Many of them have a flange which keeps the pin pushed in. I also have M42 to Canon adapters like this, which I clip into a Canon to Fuji adapter.

Like the Fuji for it size over the d5200 can't you get action shots with the xt1?

Had some files sent me raw files and wow they render quite nicely colourful and ISO 6400 ain't that bad at all better than canon 7d I had years ago

You can shoot action but not with a spaniel whos like lightning!! The only long zoom I have is a 50-230 which is fine for the amount of time I use it but won't catch fast action.

There has to be a compromise and for me its a smaller lighter body with quality lenses. Having the dslr for a day reminded me of why I got rid of one which was because its too bulky and heavy and if I was going out I would always pick the LX100 or Sony Rx100 because I couldn't be bothered carrying a heavy bulky dslr. Now as I only have 1 camera I don't have the choice.

You need to decide what you want most from your camera and be willing to make compromises. If you are looking to completely change systems I would go for the XT1 and not the XT10, there's nothing wrong at all with the XT10 but with the XT1 you get the larger viewfinder, faster burst rate metering dial and it just feels nicer in the hands.

You can shoot action but not with a spaniel whos like lightning!! The only long zoom I have is a 50-230 which is fine for the amount of time I use it but won't catch fast action.

There has to be a compromise and for me its a smaller lighter body with quality lenses. Having the dslr for a day reminded me of why I got rid of one which was because its too bulky and heavy and if I was going out I would always pick the LX100 or Sony Rx100 because I couldn't be bothered carrying a heavy bulky dslr. Now as I only have 1 camera I don't have the choice.

You need to decide what you want most from your camera and be willing to make compromises. If you are looking to completely change systems I would go for the XT1 and not the XT10, there's nothing wrong at all with the XT10 but with the XT1 you get the larger viewfinder, faster burst rate metering dial and it just feels nicer in the hands.

As it stands if move over it be

XT1 with 18-55
56mm
55-200

Or

XT1 with 18-135
23mm
56mm

No, it depends on your adapter. Many of them have a flange which keeps the pin pushed in. I also have M42 to Canon adapters like this, which I clip into a Canon to Fuji adapter.

Doesn't look like the one I've ordered has this (was a K&F Concept which appears to just be straight through with the threaded section being the narrowest point of the adaptor). Bu**er :(

Doesn't look like the one I've ordered has this (was a K&F Concept which appears to just be straight through with the threaded section being the narrowest point of the adaptor). Bu**er :(

That's a bummer. The mod is easy though, and if you don't care about resale value you can just stick some glue down there to keep it pushed in :)

Or

X-T1 with 18-55mm
23mm
56mm
50-230mm

That another option

Is there anything between the 55-200 and 50-230. I think the 55-200 is a XF lens so be better but how much

That's a bummer. The mod is easy though, and if you don't care about resale value you can just stick some glue down there to keep it pushed in :)
Not a chance. I don't mind taking a few screws out and sticking a bit of straw in there :)

Any links to pics you two?

The 14mm is my main lens anyhow so there is no problem there! Just deciding what body to go for, most people go for the XE1 because it's cheap, I may do the same, although I'd prefer an XT body for handling. Just discovered this video too:

http://www.luminescentphoto.com/blo...on-infrared-images-with-lightroom-with-video/

Which I'm about to apply to some old S5 shots that couldn't be corrected before. (Unless I was using the Nikkor AF-N 35mm F2 everything was too red, so I only really used it for B&W)

Sorry for the delay been at work all day

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BB1mmVmn-7N/?taken-by=silvermanimages

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/6M2c0HH-79/?taken-by=silvermanimages

That another option

Is there anything between the 55-200 and 50-230. I think the 55-200 is a XF lens so be better but how much

Well I've got both. Haven't tested side by side yet but I've never had a problem with either from wide open, image quality wise. The XF is noticeably heavier though and has faster focusing and better stabilisation. The 50-230mm is often provided as a freebie (by redemption) when you buy a Fuji kit, so there are plenty about on the used market, often unused, for £100 or less even. Can't go wrong, surely?

Back