The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well I've got both. Haven't tested side by side yet but I've never had a problem with either from wide open, image quality wise. The XF is noticeably heavier though and has faster focusing and better stabilisation. The 50-230mm is often provided as a freebie (by redemption) when you buy a Fuji kit, so there are plenty about on the used market, often unused, for £100 or less even. Can't go wrong, surely?

Will have at look at them both first

I tried mine on my X pro 2 after reading this thread. It's amazingly easy to use on it as the xp2 is really easy to focus on manual. On the ovf the frame lines are a mile off the mark though.

I posted a shot taken with the 55-200 on the X pro 2 forum earlier. It's a cracking lens

I posted a shot taken with the 55-200 on the X pro 2 forum earlier. It's a cracking lens

Just seen it along with your macro too. That macro lens seem good

Done well for that. Off to look
See if there a true macro

I didn't think so either, Barry. But if that's the case, what's the pin for? Auto mode only?
Yep, if you switch to a and turn to f16 it will stay at f2 until the pin is pushed in. When set to m the pin no longer needs pushed.

has anybody got a Yongnuo 560-tx (Canon Version) on their X-T1. I have purchased one to control my YN560-III and YN465 (with RF-603c attached). Set up it fires both flashes on the test button but the X-T1 wont fire them.
If you have a system using the 560-TX working I'd be grateful if you could share your settings please.
thanks
Mark

Sounds strange. I only have a YN560-III but the TX unit fires it from the camera. Are the flashes set to manual?

I didn't think so either, Barry. But if that's the case, what's the pin for? Auto mode only?

Cool, if yours has a switch then all is good! The pin is indeed for auto mode only (on M42 film bodies with the pin pushing mechanism).

Some proper good wedding portfolio's out there using the XT1.

Not sure how I would find the buttons and dials compared to a DSLR, guess in some ways it's easier once you get used to it.

Cool, if yours has a switch then all is good! The pin is indeed for auto mode only (on M42 film bodies with the pin pushing mechanism).
Good stuff. What's the score with focusing? Get focus wide open then stop down to shoot if needed?

Just read a few places saying the 56mm is a lovely sharp lens with cream bokah but it not a fast AF lens compare to other primes such as 23mm.

Any you true users found this?

Just read a few places saying the 56mm is a lovely sharp lens with cream bokah but it not a fast AF lens compare to other primes such as 23mm.

Any you true users found this?

It's not as fast as the 23 in my experience but if you want it to be faster the X-Pro2 shows a marked improvement with it.

Sounds strange. I only have a YN560-III but the TX unit fires it from the camera. Are the flashes set to manual?
so I have the 560-III in M rx mode to be able to control it from the tx. Should I not be in RX and if not how do I get the 560tx to talk to it?

What's RX? I only see M & Multi on the flash.
ah ok, so on the 560-III (the flash head) pressing the mode button gives you M & Multi. Pressing the button to the right of mode ( sort of z and a wifi symbol) toggles through to slave modes S1 & S2 and a wireless Rx mode. This is the mode I have set so on the left side of the display I have M and on the right side the rx symbol. In this config the TX unit fires the flash using the test button but the xt1 doesn't.
If you have your system set up differently can you let me know.
Thanks

ah ok, so on the 560-III (the flash head) pressing the mode button gives you M & Multi. Pressing the button to the right of mode ( sort of z and a wifi symbol) toggles through to slave modes S1 & S2 and a wireless Rx mode. This is the mode I have set so on the left side of the display I have M and on the right side the rx symbol. In this config the TX unit fires the flash using the test button but the xt1 doesn't.
If you have your system set up differently can you let me know.
Thanks

Ah, I see what you mean now. Looks like I have it set up the same way as you so not sure why yours isn't firing. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Looks like I have it set up the same way as you so not sure why yours isn't firing. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
No problem Fans thanks for responding. Looks like there maybe a problem with the X-T1.

Yep been there :-(
It's very frustrating. Think I may have to admit defeat

Yep been there :-(
It's very frustrating. Think I may have to admit defeat

I certainly never had any problems when using Yongnuo's on any Fuji body (had the 560TX & 560MkIII flashes) I've not got them anymore , nor the X-T10 so can't check/compare settings.

has anybody got a Yongnuo 560-tx (Canon Version) on their X-T1. I have purchased one to control my YN560-III and YN465 (with RF-603c attached). Set up it fires both flashes on the test button but the X-T1 wont fire them.
If you have a system using the 560-TX working I'd be grateful if you could share your settings please.
thanks
Mark

I use the 560TX with a 560IV gun and all works fine.
I cant check my settings just now but happy to do so when i get home if it will help you.

I use the 560TX with a 560IV gun and all works fine.
I cant check my settings just now but happy to do so when i get home if it will help you.
Thanks that would be helpful.

So hows the focus in low light on xt1, say a church etc?

Back