The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Both.
I genarally use a Cordweaver wriststrap for normal photo shoots, but if I'm out with SWMBO or on holiday I'll use the neck strap.

I use the peak design wrist(cuff)and strap (leash) but just got the slide summit to use with the 50-140. Would not like to use tthe leash with the 50-140 lump

Both.
I genarally use a Cordweaver wriststrap for normal photo shoots, but if I'm out with SWMBO or on holiday I'll use the neck strap.
Do you have them both on at the same time? How does that work out?

A couple of points:-

1) Expect Fuji prices to rise in the next month or so, due to weaker Sterling, I believe that the new X-T2 has been priced post Sterling changes so is unlikely to change. So I would expect the X-T1 for the next few months to probably hold it's current price and for the X-T10 to rise slightly. Lenses will almost certainly increase, I would like by around about 10%.

2) You've been dithering for a long long time about buying a Fuji, every day you dither is one less day that you are shooting with a Fuji!!!!
I agree, especially when I think I saw that Jessops were offering about £450 part ex for your X-T1 on the X-T2

Do you have them both on at the same time? How does that work out?
No.
I have the wrist strap looped through one of the rings on the camera side. When I use the neck strap I just unloop it and my neck strap has spring clips on the end so none of that complicated threading that comes with the kit strap. It's less than 30 seconds to swap between the two. Even though I use the wrist strap the most I frequently carry the neck strap as it weighs nothing and "I might need it". I'll be doing that on the Wigan TP meet this weekend.

No.
I have the wrist strap looped through one of the rings on the camera side. When I use the neck strap I just unloop it and my neck strap has spring clips on the end so none of that complicated threading that comes with the kit strap. It's less than 30 seconds to swap between the two. Even though I use the wrist strap the most I frequently carry the neck strap as it weighs nothing and "I might need it". I'll be doing that on the Wigan TP meet this weekend.
Thanks for that. Which neck stop and wrist strap do you use?

Edit, just spotted Mr Perceptive's post.

Last edited:
I use a footprint leather wrist strap or a peak design cuff between my X-T10 and X30.

I'm not a fan of neck or shoulder straps but like to feel I have at least some protection from a drop there. I don't use any particularly heavy lenses and always keep the camera in hand anyway (ie it's a safety net rather than letting the camera dangle as such).

I have a DSPTCH neck strap that I have fully extended and usually sling cross-body. I'm so used to cross-body straps from playing guitar that anything else feels strange.

A couple of points:-

1) Expect Fuji prices to rise in the next month or so, due to weaker Sterling, I believe that the new X-T2 has been priced post Sterling changes so is unlikely to change. So I would expect the X-T1 for the next few months to probably hold it's current price and for the X-T10 to rise slightly. Lenses will almost certainly increase, I would like by around about 10%.

2) You've been dithering for a long long time about buying a Fuji, every day you dither is one less day that you are shooting with a Fuji!!!!

Im the most undecided person in the world. I have been looking into buying a Fuji for 1 year now. My problem is I like to wait for what is new but then I change my mind quite often. I know I don't need an xt2 but I want one. However I know an xt10 will do me just well!

Now I don't have time to buy the camera because I'm going on holiday next week. Unless I can get online.

Im the most undecided person in the world. I have been looking into buying a Fuji for 1 year now. My problem is I like to wait for what is new but then I change my mind quite often. I know I don't need an xt2 but I want one. However I know an xt10 will do me just well!

Now I don't have time to buy the camera because I'm going on holiday next week. Unless I can get online.
You're online posting here [emoji1]

Order online and get yourself an X-T10 before you go (maybe even used?). Prices will likely remain fairly stable and if you decide you need that X-T2, upgrade :)

There's one in the classifieds for £290!

Can I just ask XT-10 owners if they use a shoulder strap or a wrist strap ?
I use a peak designs wrist strap with mine. It's so small and light ( even with a fuji grip fitted ), the strap just saves me from having a brain fart and letting it go. It also doubles as a hanging camera holder when I've got another body around my neck on a strap, just let the xt10 dangle and hold the other camera.

Lol, didnt you want the EM1, A7, Leica, XT1, XP2? If you keep waiting for a new camera then continue to wait till the next model is out youll never actually buy anything, camera generations are short these days, now youre stuck in the situation you dont want to be in. Just buy something online, next day delivery.

Last edited:
Lol, didnt you want the EM1, A7, Leica, XT1, XP2? If you keep waiting for a new camera then continue to wait till the next model is out youll never actually buy anything, camera generations are short these days, now youre stuck in the situation you dont want to be in. Just buy something online, next day delivery.

This ^^ The XT2 probably won't benefit your needs any more than the XT1/XT10 will. Plus you would save a chunk of cash. I learnt that it's not worth chasing the next generation gear, unless what came next was something I would get use out of and benefit me. Most places do next day delivery, especially if you were to go the Amazon or Wex route.

It's especially difficult if you're cross manufacturer as there's always something just announced that way.

I've dabbled a bit over the years and recently decided to try either the XT1 or A7, I went XT1 and still don't know if it was the right choice, but at least it was a choice

Isn't there a saying "If it's in stock, it's obsolete!"? New models crop up with monotonous regularity and are invariably marketed as being better that the old one. Look very carefully at the specifications and see if there are any features in the latest model's new bells and whistles that are worth the extra you'll pay for them. Chances are that there aren't any! Yes, it's always nice to have new kit and if you can afford it, why not! BUT, an X-T2 will cost about a return flight to a European destination more than an X-T10 or a 2nd hand X-T1 - does it offer YOU that much value? (BTW, the X-T3 will scratch your butt for you as well!!!)

Sorry another question - can anyone recommend a soft release button for the XT-10 ?

I need to stop mashing the shutter button !!

Thanks everyone, the black and white is my favourite, and that 55-200 is a stellar lens

I love my 55-200 but I'm tempted to move it on and go for the 50-140, primarily for the faster aperture and the wr, but then I'm losing a bit of reach. This GAS is the bane of my life :( I "need" the 100-400mm to go with my X-T2 when I get it, just in time for rugby season, f*** it, I think I'll take up knitting !

I'm LOVING the 100-400! And, although I wasn't a fan of teleconverters in general, I was so impressed by the 1.4x that when I spotted a 2x in the refurb store, I went for it. Probably too slow for rugby (it's f/11 at the long end...) but fine for what I want to use it on which is mainly static birds at a distance. Might conside an X-T3 when it drops in price but perfectly happy with the X-T1 for the foreseeable future.

Ha! The TC works with the 50-140 so you've got your reach back. I've been tempted by it myself but for me the 55-200 does everything I need for occasional tele use

Edit - that was in response to Jim, I got side tracked

+1 on the mono shot, it's great. There seems to be a nice grain on the sky and background, did you do much processing on it ?

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, minimal LR tweaks from a jpeg. It looks like the sky has gone a bit strange from sharpening - for once it works in my favour [emoji3]

Last edited:
You know something we don't know?

Natural progression! As more bells and whistles become available (which can't be dropped in with firmware upgrades), new models will keep appearing. Logically, the successor to the X-T2 will be named the X-T3.

Back