The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Whilst checking that link on Amazon I had a weak moment and ended up buying a Samyang 8mm Fish Eye. Ian, I'm blaming you for this!
I can confirm that I'll take no responsibility whatsoever for that purchase, Alan [emoji1]

Looking forward to seeing some shots though.

What are folks using as a remote for long exposures? I picked up one for my D7100 pretty easily, but not sure what's best for the fuji.

Answers on a part card, or you know, a reply here will do :)

Cheapy USB Button One from Jack The Hat and a Triggertrap for when I'm being fancy. Triggertrap can be a PITA to sync with camera but when it does it works fine, but drains your phone battery though!

Fully paid up member here - just hit the button on a 2x telecon from the refurb shop. Should be fun on the X-T1 and 100-400!

The reason I decided to go for the X-T2 was the improved autofocus, I do miss the speed of my Canon's, the X-T1 made a good fist of sports photography, I'm a huge rugby fan and love taking shots of my team, Ulster rugby. I got so frustrated when I went to Fuji, I've yet to try my X Pro 2 on anything fast moving. So when my X-T2 finally arrives my next purchase will have to be the 100-400mm, @the moderators of this forum, can you add a new sub section to classifieds ? Organs for sale ? :eek:

Anyone here pre-ordered the X-T2 ? Reason I asked, I ordered mine form Jessops. I took advantage of the £100 trade in bonus, I traded in my old and slightly beat up EOS M, got a decent price, £48 plus the £100 bonus. I wanted to buy the new battery grip, which has £100 of if pre-ordered. Unfortunately Jessops computer system wouldn't let me get both the £100 trade in bonus and the £100 of the battery grip. I did speak to Jessops online on the phone and they told me the two offers weren't mutually exclusive, but my local stores system wouldn't allow it. I'm going to call Fuji on Monday for clarification, but I'd love to hear if someone else has has any luck with this.

And if they offer some interest free credit I might need Lord Blair of Bulls***ting to concoct a story that SWMBO will accept.

You've probably gone into Silent Mode. Try going into the menu then scrolling down into the blue spanner area; somewhere in there will be a Silent Mode option. If that's set to On, there's your problem but if it's set to off, I'm afraid I don't know!

You've probably gone into Silent Mode. Try going into the menu then scrolling down into the blue spanner area; somewhere in there will be a Silent Mode option. If that's set to On, there's your problem but if it's set to off, I'm afraid I don't know!

Yes - silent mode seems to be on but for the I can't find the place in the menu system where you turn the silent mode off ! Anybody know the answer?
James

Whats the general consensus of the X-T10 ? It doesn't seem to get mentioned as much in here so wondered if it wasn't that popular ?

I am considering moving away from my DSLR and bag of lenses and getting the X-T10 with one zoom and one prime - I get far less time for photography these days and when I do, I tend to grab my little LX100 and travel light, which appeals to me these days.

I would possibly move to using my LX100 as my only camera but it is limited for long exposures which is my main genre , hence still wanting something capable yet smaller and lighter than what I do have which seems to be a common theme these days (the size factor)

Interested to hear thoughts..

Whats the general consensus of the X-T10 ? It doesn't seem to get mentioned as much in here so wondered if it wasn't that popular ?

I am considering moving away from my DSLR and bag of lenses and getting the X-T10 with one zoom and one prime - I get far less time for photography these days and when I do, I tend to grab my little LX100 and travel light, which appeals to me these days.

I would possibly move to using my LX100 as my only camera but it is limited for long exposures which is my main genre , hence still wanting something capable yet smaller and lighter than what I do have which seems to be a common theme these days (the size factor)

I have an XT-10 and used to also own a XT-1 . The image quality from both is the same ( same sensor, same processor etc) . I found that most times when I removed the CT-1 from my bag nearly all the settings on the top dials had shifted to some other value. As the XT-1 has less dials ( but you then have to set the values you want via the menus system) it's harder to accidentally knock your settings out - I can can see why others prefer the XT-1

Sorry but the typos make that post rather nonsensical! I can see that CT should read XT but after that, which body are you talking about? The only dial on the X-T1 that I've moved off my chosen setting has been the EC dial and on that occasion (singular), I couldn't actually swear that I hadn't just left some underexposure dialled in rather than knocking it!

So due to a cock up by an eBay seller, I have a spare grip, which is labeled "x-t10" (printed, not etched).
It was too big and clearly NOT for an x-t10. I suspect it's for an x-t1. I measured inside the "lip" where the Base of the camera should fit -

Length - 129mm
Depth - 32mm (behind the grip, not the screen)

Can anyone confirm that fits an x-t1?
If anyone wants it just chuck me £5 to cover postage.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/578bcfc3b238a/DSC_0059-01.jpeg

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/578bcfd96b9c7/DSC_0060-01.jpeg

I ditched my Nikon D7100 to move to an X-T10 and have been nothing short of delighted with it.

Does everything the X-T1 will with the exception of having a slightly smaller viewfinder, missing dial as discussed and it isn't weather sealed (irrelevant to me). It is smaller, lighter and cheaper and that's why I went for it. If you don't need the aforementioned features, the X-T10 may do you just fine.

Ps many say it's too small for large hands. I'm 6'2 with hands to match and get along with it just fine ;)

Nice one thanks and am definitely thinking it could the way forward - quite happy to go without the bits mentioned and I am only 5'7 with tiny hands (y)

So due to a cock up by an eBay seller, I have a spare grip, which is labeled "x-t10" (printed, not etched).
It was too big and clearly NOT for an x-t10. I suspect it's for an x-t1. I measured inside the "lip" where the Base of the camera should fit -

Length - 129mm

Hi, I'll give it a go if it's still available please. Dimensions sounds about right. If not, no great loss!

That's very nice (G) Sir, good colour & comp with some great lead in lines.(y)

George.

Length - 129mm

Comparing photos, it appears to be for an X-Pro 1. had it been for an X-E1 I'd have bitten your hand off!

Comparing photos, it appears to be for an X-Pro 1. had it been for an X-E1 I'd have bitten your hand off!

I'mm 99% sure it's for an X-T1 (I measured mine and it fits with the description). I'll need to black out the 0 on the X-T10 test though or OCD might take hold #awks :D.

The lady in Lavender is a cracking shot Graham. Love the colour

Thank you :) I used a Really Nice Images Lightroom filter to develop it, a deviation of Portra 160. Needed to tweak the colours a bit to bring it back in line with the real scene though.

Back