The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Put my pre order in for the X-T2 with grip but need to grab some more lenses now as only have a 10-24,35mm f1.4 and the 56mm f1.2.

Stuck between 50-140 and 100-400 as my next purchase so may need to toss a coin.

Put my pre order in for the X-T2 with grip but need to grab some more lenses now as only have a 10-24,35mm f1.4 and the 56mm f1.2.

Stuck between 50-140 and 100-400 as my next purchase so may need to toss a coin.

I got the 50-140, it looks beautiful on the mantle piece. My Mrs really likes me talking about it too.

I'd go 100-400.

56mm is a corker for portraits etc. The gap between 56mm to 100mm can easily be zoomed with your feet. :)

The most worrying lens to buy is the 90mm. I lifted mine out of the box and listened to the "thunking" sound as I turned it over :eek: Remember that the 90 has no OIS so couldn't even put it down to that.
However that's the noise they make and it stops as soon as the camera is switched on.

I think Lens Rentals / DP Review took some Fuji lenses apart a while back and noted the use of magnets which are engaged once the lens is mounted and powered. Hence the rattling around when not attached...

Don't get too hung up on 8 September. It may not happen.
Schedule is for delivery to UK retailers to be made on 5 September with public release on 8th. That's the plan. The reality is not expected to be like that. Fuji could well surprise everyone and stick to it but that will be a first. The feeling in my local shop is that a two week delay wouldn't be unexpected or unusual.
Of course we could all be wrong and the date will be 8th. It's just like waiting for Xmas ain't it?
It's posts like this that make me wish for a "don't like " option :rolleyes: I could look over the delay If the cameras were paid for on delivery, but we've all paid up front (or have we ?)

The most worrying lens to buy is the 90mm. I lifted mine out of the box and listened to the "thunking" sound as I turned it over :eek: Remember that the 90 has no OIS so couldn't even put it down to that.
However that's the noise they make and it stops as soon as the camera is switched on.
For me the most worrying lens, is the one that Mrs G takes delivery off and asks me "How much did you pay for that ?" hmmmm :eek:

Last edited:
but we've all paid up front (or have we ?)
Only if you go to pile it high places like Jessops. Seems suppliers don't trust them and orders have to be paid for up front, so you have to pay up front. Wex, Calumet, Wilkinsons etc. will all accept a nominal deposit with the balance to be paid on collection.

Only if you go to pile it high places like Jessops. Seems suppliers don't trust them and orders have to be paid for up front, so you have to pay up front. Wex, Calumet, Wilkinsons etc. will all accept a nominal deposit with the balance to be paid on collection.

Both of my preferred camera shops will allow me to pre-order without paying a deposit... They know me well enough to know that if I say I'm having something, then I'm having something! :D

I don't post many shots in here as I don't take many I like enough to share and I am also shooting far more film now.

But I don't think my Rolleiflex would be much use for this kind of thing, the XT1 and 100-400mm however is and although I had many shots of grey sky or a blurry brown blob or a few tail feathers heading rapidly of the edge of the shot I finally got one I liked.
Not a wild bird, a display at Pendennis Castle in Cornwall on a grey and drizzley day.
Peregrine-Falcon by Andy, on Flickr

Andy

I don't post many shots in here as I don't take many I like enough to share and I am also shooting far more film now.

But I don't think my Rolleiflex would be much use for this kind of thing, the XT1 and 100-400mm however is and although I had many shots of grey sky or a blurry brown blob or a few tail feathers heading rapidly of the edge of the shot I finally got one I liked.
Not a wild bird, a display at Pendennis Castle in Cornwall on a grey and drizzley day.

Andy

If that were mine, I'd be very proud of it - lovely

:)

Andy

Awesome shot that......give yourself a "pat" on the back!:)

Thanks all. I'm very hard on myself usually but I will admit to being rather pleased with this one

Andy

"Excellent" bit of work Andy, great comp, good exposure, and the bird even appears to be eyeing you.(y)

George.

well i cracked and traded in my d750 and xe2 for an x-t2, that and my other d750 should last me a good few years now. Until the xt3 at least.

Question for the 50-140 owners. Is it normal for there to be something notably moving inside the lens when its not attached to a camera?

I saw something online suggesting this was to do with the OS but wanted to check other owners here to make sure. I can't test the lens on camera yet as I only have the X100t pending delivery of the XT 2. :(

This is due to the linear focusing motor and lens group as they freely move within the lens until the lens is attached to a camera. When attached to the camera the linear motor is powered and the magnets then hold it in its correct position.

Thanks all. I'm very hard on myself usually but I will admit to being rather pleased with this one

Even though it's a digital image, Andy?! :p

I keep toying with the idea of a decent MF system but when the Fuji X-T1 (which handles very much like an old 35mm SLR IMO) can deliver images like yours, I keep spending my fun money on Fuji kit instead!

so, lenses, is there much difference between the XF and XC lenses. Ive already got the XC 50-230 which seems fine if a little plasticy, the images coming from it look nice and sharp, im just wondering if its worth swapping it out for the XF 55-200, would the image quality make up for losing 30mm? Ive also got the XF 23 1.4 which is a stonker, im just wondering what to pad my lens lineup out with now. Maybe bin that and get the XF 16-55 2.8?

so, lenses, is there much difference between the XF and XC lenses. Ive already got the XC 50-230 which seems fine if a little plasticy, the images coming from it look nice and sharp, im just wondering if its worth swapping it out for the XF 55-200, would the image quality make up for losing 30mm? Ive also got the XF 23 1.4 which is a stonker, im just wondering what to pad my lens lineup out with now. Maybe bin that and get the XF 16-55 2.8?

I have the 50-230 and 55-200 and use both. The 55-200 is a bit sharper at the long end and definitely focuses quicker. That said, I tend to carry the xc lens around more as it's so light!

Andy
That's a cracker Andy

Just taken a few images of my boys using the xt1. Still getting used to it, the sensor definitely produces differently to the xpro1 and xe1 I own but the added speed from the focus is very welcome!

Focal plane is a little out but I'm sure I'll get there! Otherwise very happy :)

View attachment 72134

View attachment 72135
Lovely images Andrew I thought it was the same dog until I read your further comments!!

I'm off to Barcelona again on friday and as usual I'm undecided which lens(es) to bring. Last time I had the 16-55, but I found it too big and heavy, also the lack of ois meant it wasn't ideal at night, I ended up using my 10-24mm mainly for the ois. This time I'm thinking of bringing my 18-135mm but it's no lightweight either. Possibly my 18-55 and my 18mm and 35mm, Part of me just wants to bring my X70, but I know I'll be wanting a bit more reach on occasions, jeez decisions , decisions. I really want to travel light.

Last edited:
I'm off to Barcelona again on friday and as usual I'm undecided which lens(es) to bring. Last time I had the 16-55, but I found it too big and heavy, also the lack of ois meant it wasn't ideal at night, I ended up using my 10-24mm mainly for the ois. This time I'm thinking of bringing my 18-135mm but it's no lightweight either. Possibly my 18-55 and my 18mm and 35mm, Part of me just wants to bring my X70, but I know I'll be wanting a bit more reach on occasions, jeez decisions , decisions. I really want to travel light.

You have WA covered with the X70, so don't bother with the 18. I'd take the X70 and X-T1+18-55, pretty lightweight, no lens swapping. Have a great time.

Don't forget you have the crop mode on the x70. So you are actually covered from 18-50mm.

I have both. Had the 55-200 for a while but wanted a little more reach and a little less weight so picked up a 50-230 at a reasonable price 2nd hand. Barely use it! TBH, I don't use either much now, the 18-135 covers the shorter end and the 100-400 etc. does the long stuff far better than either of the shorter zooms. Before I got the 100-400, I still preferred using the 55-200 over the 50-230 for the feel of it as well as the IQ benefit.

18-135 is lighter than the 18-55 + 2 primes as well as giving the extra reach. There's not a huge benefit in using the 18 rather than the (18-55) zoom unless you need the extra stop (the only reason I'll be taking mine next week is for a try at the Milky Way.)

Nothing wrong with that Tedium. (Yes I was a biker) hence the ninja reference.
That's lovely and shows off the Fuji colours well.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a good cheap remote release for the XT2. Presumably the versions that worked on the XT1 will work?
No, it's a different fitting unless you're using a 2.5mm jack plug version. But you could always use a screw-in cable release, or the wireless app.

Back