The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

On that note - can someone recommend a remote release they have been using with the XT1?

I ordered one from Amazon yesterday... I've only plugged it in to test the actual release and haven't used any of the other functions yet but it seems to work just fine. :)

LINKY

I have an imitation (Neewer) RS-60E3 and can confirm it does NOT work on the X-T1 or X-Pro2. At least, it doesn't work as it should! In fact, it went into the bin only this afternoon

Not surprised Stephen, think I read somewhere that some of the copies are wired differently or perhaps only used two wires rather the requisite three.

Anyway genuine Canon definitely works fine, it's all I ever use now I've sold the Giga Pro

Last edited:
I have a fancy remote with intervalometer from Amazon, I've posted the link before. I'm not looking for it again, last time I did that I bought a fisheye lens! Very glad it will also work with the t2 as it uses the USB connection. Too much pot luck involved with 2.5mm jack ones.

Reactions: Nod
Well, I am now in the club :) X-T10 arrived today from the refurb store and so far as I can tell there isn't a mark on camera or lens and all the accessories are still sealed in their original packaging, well pleased so far. Have had a little play and set up some preferences, but if anyone has any tips from there own experience of X-T1/X-T10's for setting up then I'll happily listen.

Canon seems like a good bet. Thanks for the heads up.

Just had a thought, why not use the camera remote app, tend to forget about it myself. My daughter uses it all the time with her XT-10, tried it on my tablet and seemed pretty good

Well, I am now in the club :) X-T10 arrived today from the refurb store and so far as I can tell there isn't a mark on camera or lens and all the accessories are still sealed in their original packaging, well pleased so far. Have had a little play and set up some preferences, but if anyone has any tips from there own experience of X-T1/X-T10's for setting up then I'll happily listen.
well done!

How much did you paid? if you dont mind me asking...

Have you got a lens as well?

Just contacted Fuji to find out about the the existing remote release compatibility of the XT2.

"Thank you for contacting Fujifilm UK.

We can confirm that the RR-90 is compatible with the X-T2. The smaller of the 2 ports is the HDMI connection and the larger port is split into 2. The lower part is where the RR-90 connects to.

We hope this information helps.

Kind regards.

The Fujifilm X World Team"
So I was right in my earlier post. :D I'll go and look for a box for my big head.:exit:

Any rumours on the X-T2 release I've been away for almost a week.

well done!

How much did you paid? if you dont mind me asking...

Have you got a lens as well?

Yes, I went for the XF18-55mm with it as for me this is my most used focal range and pretty versatile for travelling. I will probably add a 23mm prime at some point in the near future. As for price, the rrp on this package seems to be around £715 from Wex, Jessops etc (although nowhere seems to have any stock). I added a brand new spare battery to my order at £59.99 and with using the paypal discount code ended up paying under £600 for what is as far as I can tell a brand new camera with 12 months warranty and a second Fuji battery.

Yes, I went for the XF18-55mm with it as for me this is my most used focal range and pretty versatile for travelling. I will probably add a 23mm prime at some point in the near future. As for price, the rrp on this package seems to be around £715 from Wex, Jessops etc (although nowhere seems to have any stock). I added a brand new spare battery to my order at £59.99 and with using the paypal discount code ended up paying under £600 for what is as far as I can tell a brand new camera with 12 months warranty and a second Fuji battery.
it does sounds really tempting.

Im just thinking about the fact that fuji is renewing all the cameras with the new sensors ,,, Like the xpro 2, xt2 , xa3, and rumors of a x100F...

That makes me think if i should wait really

^^^ I wondered about that too, but I love the files that the x-transII produces and I know a lot of people who are going back to it in various versions because of that. The Acros film sim does look very interesting in the new sensor camera, with the way it handles grain etc, but I figure i'll go x-t10 now and get into the system and give it a year for the bugs to be tweaked out of the new stuff (never like being an early adopter of tech) then upgrade at a later date if i feel it's worth it for more mp's and the acros simulation (I very rarely print bigger than A4 or the occasional medium size canvas so the extra mp's are not really a priority for me).

Im just thinking about the fact that fuji is renewing all the cameras with the new sensors ,,, Like the xpro 2, xt2 , xa3, and rumors of a x100F...

And no doubt you'll wait for the X-T3 and X-T4..... you have been dithering for a long time now, every day you don't have a Fuji, you're not shooting with the Fuji experience:)

You'll pay top money if you wait for the latest tech - if you wait further until the bugs are sorted and the prices reduce, then the next generation will be on its way and you'll have to wait for that. You might as well pitch in now and upgrade when the next gen is at the stage the present gen is now.

Well, have had little walk and shoot with the X-T10 - am away at L'boro uni for work and found the library building quite interesting... First shot out of it...

954f9fcd71252e0bbfb446c51f0a8b5a

Well, have had little walk and shoot with the X-T10 - am away at L'boro uni for work and found the library building quite interesting... First shot out of it...

954f9fcd71252e0bbfb446c51f0a8b5a
Is it my eyes, or is it slightly on the wonk? Not by much, so little in fact that i'd be impressed with myself for spotting it...
I've found the level on my x-t10 to be a bit off, with a very slight tilt down to the right. My old Canon shots were always WAY off with a tilt to the right no matter how much I lined up walls, horizons, railings etc... So maybe it's just me... :crosseyed:

Edit: forgot to say, it is a great shot, and a very interesting building! :)

Last edited:
^^^ Yes, it does look it on here, and yet oddly in LR it looks fine by eye. It was such a quick capture I didn't spend long enough when taking the shot to line everything up - I was getting some odd looks from campus security, so snapped a couple and hurried on! If I get another chance in the morning as I walk past I'll try another couple and spend more time framing it. Still, pretty pleased with how it came out :)

^^^ Yes, it does look it on here, and yet oddly in LR it looks fine by eye. It was such a quick capture I didn't spend long enough when taking the shot to line everything up - I was getting some odd looks from campus security, so snapped a couple and hurried on! If I get another chance in the morning as I walk past I'll try another couple and spend more time framing it. Still, pretty pleased with how it came out :)
Don't worry about security, just whip out your phone and show them the pic. :)

Well worth spending some time on though, nice shadowgradients between the fins and a strong outline, great for mono conversion.

What are the great XT1 collective doing for white balance? I had a preset one that I used permanently, it worked well, but I managed to over write it the other day and I've been cursing ever since. Auto is far too blue, I can correct with the colour grid and get a brilliantly consistent result but it only applies to JPEG. Out in the field the other day I decided to take a sheet of paper with me and set custom with the Lee stopper and without. Both look awful, no doubt the paper was far from neutral. So, anyone using an exposdisc type think, something else? Not interested in any fix it n post suggestions, I want the WB fixed on location quickly and easily. (I want my preset one back but that ain't happening!)

I usually use the eye dropper tool and click on something grey

I'm sure I saw something from Calmuts (or whatever it's called) that there was no£100 off the grip if preordered with the XT2, so may be worth checking out before you're committed

Had an email confirming that my XT2 order will be delivered on the 8th.....

That's very good news Chris, I'm sure your going to enjoy that camera very much.(y)

George.

I've shot this scene before with other cameras but this is the first time with an X-T1 and the very first time I've ever used a grad filter.

I know I'm far from the better landscape photographers on the forum and there's room for improvement like a bit of keystoning etc, but Hey !! one step at a time I'll get there eventually.:D

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens, 1/400 @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Waiting For The Tide (2)-03059 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.

Very nice George, and good use of the grad filter (a filter that I consistently fail with [emoji3]).

I've shot this scene before with other cameras but this is the first time with an X-T1 and the very first time I've ever used a grad filter.

I know I'm far from the better landscape photographers on the forum and there's room for improvement like a bit of keystoning etc, but Hey !! one step at a time I'll get there eventually.:D

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens, 1/400 @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Waiting For The Tide (2)-03059 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.
I like that George. You've used the grad well. I would have tilted the camera up to make more of that gorgeous sky and less of the sand, but that's just me.

Very nice George, and good use of the grad filter (a filter that I consistently fail with [emoji3]).

Thanks for that Gregg, much appreciate your comments.(y)

"The failed shots so far don't bare thinkin' about":whistle:

George.

Back