The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I like that George. You've used the grad well. I would have tilted the camera up to make more of that gorgeous sky and less of the sand, but that's just me.

Thanks for that Stephen, much appreciate your comments.(y)

"Good point about the camera angle and sky, my only excuse for not doing that is I didn't want the seagulls to s**t on the front of the lens":whistle::D

George.

Thanks for that Stephen, much appreciate your comments.(y)

"Good point about the camera angle and sky, my only excuse for not doing that is I didn't want the seagulls to s**t on the front of the lens":whistle::D

George.
But had you been quick, you could have got an action shot of the white jobby falling down to you.

I've shot this scene before with other cameras but this is the first time with an X-T1 and the very first time I've ever used a grad filter.

I know I'm far from the better landscape photographers on the forum and there's room for improvement like a bit of keystoning etc, but Hey !! one step at a time I'll get there eventually.:D

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens, 1/400 @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Waiting For The Tide (2)-03059 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y):fuji:

George.
Your doing yourself an injustice George, you always post fine photographs.

Your doing yourself an injustice George, you always post fine photographs.

Thanks for that Peter, much appreciate your comments.(y)

"Flattery will get you everywhere":D:D

George.

[QUOTE="G.K.Jnr.,

George.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't George I've tried..:D

[QUOTE="G.K.Jnr.,

George.
It doesn't George I've tried..:D[/QUOTE]

LOL. :):)

Fingers crossed it's true, much as I'd love it to be I doubt it will be as fast as the D500 or D750, but I really hope I'm wrong

Oh god yeah, if it's within spitting distance then my Nikon gear may be in danger

Fingers crossed it's true, much as I'd love it to be I doubt it will be as fast as the D500 or D750, but I really hope I'm wrong

I think you may be very surprised John.:)

George.

I've shot this scene before with other cameras but this is the first time with an X-T1 and the very first time I've ever used a grad filter.

I like it George, interesting with all the lines (sea wall, boats, bridge and sand bars) leading ones eye to the nice sky.
Definitely a keeper.

I'd love to see someone do an objective comparative review against the D750 or D500, or 5D3\7D II for that matter.

We already know that a Fuji will nail AF all the time on stills and more than likely will get a good rate on subject moving past, even on the current models, but lets try it with something challenging, a swift in flight (I saw one from the D500 that someone got on a whim - maybe luck, maybe not) or a dog running at full pelt toward the camera, or for that matter kids playing with nerf guns, darting about - anything really that actually challenges the AF rather than a bike cycling past.

Any of you guys getting the XT-2 still have their DSLRs?

I'd bet it would get a good number of views on YouTube too, it'd be like clickbait with content.

I'd love to see someone do an objective comparative review against the D750 or D500, or 5D3\7D II for that matter.

We already know that a Fuji will nail AF all the time on stills and more than likely will get a good rate on subject moving past, even on the current models, but lets try it with something challenging, a swift in flight (I saw one from the D500 that someone got on a whim - maybe luck, maybe not) or a dog running at full pelt toward the camera, or for that matter kids playing with nerf guns, darting about - anything really that actually challenges the AF rather than a bike cycling past.

I'd bet it would get a good number of views on YouTube too, it'd be like clickbait with content.

If the af is very good then I'm sure the comparison reviews will come flooding in.

Aye, no doubt but I trust you guys a lot more than a randomer on YouTube who's earning payment per click

I like it George, interesting with all the lines (sea wall, boats, bridge and sand bars) leading ones eye to the nice sky.
Definitely a keeper.

Many thanks for that Rich, much appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

The one I had a quick go with in the shop was ok using the shutter button but had a noticeable delay if using rear button focus. Shutter button focus doesn't seem to be the way to go for me if you're wanting to track, I found it a bit irritating for still shooting, but, as you say, we'll have to wait for the real world.

I've got one on pre-order and all my Nikon is gone/going, but the factor for me was the fact I stopped doing motorsport on a serious basis more interested in landscapes these days. The lighter aspect of the Fuji appealed when I'm lugging my gear up hill :)

I hadn't - thanks George, make for an interesting read. What's the standard Nikon kit you use?

I hadn't - thanks George, make for an interesting read. What's the standard Nikon kit you use?

Depending on what I'm shooting John, its either a D810 or a D4s. The D810 units are mainly used for work that is likely to be used for promo stuff, and the D4s units for faster moving stuff like pit stops etc. Our guys shooting actual race pics use D4s units, they've had a couple of D5 units to try but they prefered to carry on with the older cameras.

IMHO the X-T2 with the battery pack & in boost mode will wipe the floor for speed against the D810 and its pretty close probably as good in performance to the D4s.

George.

Thats a hell of a thing for it to live up to, very much looking forward to reading the reviews, or rather seeing the YouTube stuff as it tends to show the camera in use, not just the shots.

Depending on what I'm shooting John, its either a D810 or a D4s. The D810 units are mainly used for work that is likely to be used for promo stuff, and the D4s units for faster moving stuff like pit stops etc. Our guys shooting actual race pics use D4s units, they've had a couple of D5 units to try but they prefered to carry on with the older cameras.

IMHO the X-T2 with the battery pack & in boost mode will wipe the floor for speed against the D810 and its pretty close probably as good in performance to the D4s.

George.

Stop it George.

The Xt1 certainly can't follow focus for motor sport. It's awful. That's why I went back to Nikon.I hope the Xt2 is better. But then it should be for that money.

You're never sure who's doing it for the "fuji-buzz" factor, who's being paid etc. There's always good reviews but deciding who to believe can be a real pain in the arse.

I'm hoping to pick up an XT2 with one lens, keep my full Nikon set up (2 x D750s and bag of lenses) and give it a thorough test myself before considering what works best for me.

FWIW - this will be my third experimental trip between Nikon and Fuji - I don't want there to be a fourth!

Ah, now that'll be a comparison I'd love to see, especially as I've just had a poke and seen a few of your shot (really good by the way) and the images you take of your kid are very much how I would have liked to have taken ones of mine.

I must admit to beginning to becoming seduced by Fuji despite struggling with the image size when needing to crop and really missing the full frame shallow DoF, but that is being made up for by the quality of the glass and how easy the system is to use, even battery life isn't the issue I thought it would be.

Last edited:
Ah, now that'll be a comparison I'd love to see, especially as I've just had a poke and seen a few of your shot (really good by the way) and the images you take of your kid are very much how I would have liked to have taken ones of mine.

I must admit to beginning to becoming seduced by Fuji despite struggling with the image size when needing to crop and really missing the full frame shallow DoF, but that is being made up for by the quality of the glass and how easy the system is to use, even battery life isn't the issue I thought it would be.

Most of the shots I post here are just fun grab shots of my little boy. My main concern is can it keep up with me for work. I mainly shoot conferences, sports and other "event" type stuff. One thing I want to do more of this year is family-type portraits, engagements and eventually weddings. There's a handful of photographers using Fujis who's work I love... I just need to see if it works for me.

I'm hoping by shifting on a few primes I can build up some money to buy the XT2 and a second hand 23mm 1.4 to do some side by side comparisons.

I have an XT2 coming next week, I also run a 6D & a 7D2, so I hope to get some comparison shots done ASAP.

Hi Guys,

I have a question i would like help with please.

I have an Olympus OM-D 5mkii, can i use my Oly lenses on a fuji XT10 or XT1 with the right adapter, if so which adapter would i need?

Cheers

Andy

I'm not 100% but I don't think you'll be able to. The M43 is a smaller senor than the ASP-C

Back