The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

i think this is really cool. also feel that the image wouldn't have the same feel to it if it was razor sharp.
Thank you - I think it may have been more the other shots I took, thats not too bad, a little off but as my lad at the front is the focus it works well :)

I don't normally ask a magician about their tricks, but is that DOF natural? I've seen a few images lately shot at moderate distance but with really shallow DOF like that. My old Canon Nifty Fifty is the only fast lens i've owned, the only teles i've had are the Canon 70-200 f4 and fuji 55-200 and neither come close to being that shallow.
Either way, it's a look that I really like.

Cheers, it is - mostly - theres a little radial blur on the outer dark area, but its actually a Samyang 85mm f1.4 - so (sort of) a 135mm 1.8 or so

OK so now I have a WR lens (18-135) I can go play in the rain! How Weather resistant is Fuji kit exactly? I expect it's not going to be up to the likes of Pentax or Olympus - I have seen a guy who used a Pentax K something underground and then used to take it in the shower with him to clean up!

No idea (yet), but the 18-135 is my only focusing lens and its really nice as long as you;re ot after shallow depth of field, everything else its great for though, sharp and anything, useful range, great colours - spot on.

Forgive the random nature of the collection, but I just had a bit of a catch up on processing while trying out lightroom mobile. Think I still prefer snapseed tbh...

Still feels wierd working from jpg, but they're better than I thought.

Number 3 is a bit special !! That's real hang on the wall stuff. Nice set.

Well - I'm still not hot on this manual focus lark, but of the images I took I did get this one - best not to pixel peep though!

I do wish the D750 would shift though, I have a couple of horrible itches to scratch... and its all your fault FujiFilm... Damn you!!

Lagging behind
by John Norton, on Flickr

Lovely composition - well captured

Number 3 is a bit special !! That's real hang on the wall stuff. Nice set.
Cheers! Now that you say that I could imagine it up there... And we have recently moved and need some pictures up...
It was just a quick test of the extension tubes really and forgot to keep iso low so not sure how well it'l scale up, but i'll definitely take a look.
Failing that i'll just get the Mrs another bunch of flowers and try again. ;)

Letting my creative juices flow this morning.
Bit out of my comfort zone this arty type of thing.
Opinions?

Autumn
by mickledore on Talk Photography
I like this - there's the core of a good idea and composition here. I don't like the grass on the right corners though - it's not placed in the way the other items are. Perhaps if the red berries were rotated to have a long axis along the edge you could have then cropped/zoomed in slightly tighter with the berries forming the right hand frame for the viewer. Of course, I'm aware of what they say about opinions ;)

I like this - there's the core of a good idea and composition here. I don't like the grass on the right corners though - it's not placed in the way the other items are. Perhaps if the red berries were rotated to have a long axis along the edge you could have then cropped/zoomed in slightly tighter with the berries forming the right hand frame for the viewer. Of course, I'm aware of what they say about opinions ;)
Thanks. I did look at the grass but decided to leave it in for a bit of contrast with the leaves.
Think this is getting into the realms of "Art" and nobody ever agrees about that do they:thinking:

Opinions?

Autumn
I like it. I quite enjoy still life but I'm rubbish at it. There's a user on Flickr called "zsaj" who has a fantastic style - at least, her older stuff... The "tenebrific" album she did was stunning.

Opinions?

Autumn

IMO (and I'm being critical here because I know that's what you're after rather than having smoke blown where the sun don't shine!) it's a bit too "arranged", there's too much empty space in the middle and the central apple is too central and isolated. Odd numbers of feature objects (the apples and crab apples in this scene, I reckon) generally fit better than even numbers. The leaves on the crab apple sprigs would probably look better facing up on the lower pair. Nice, even lighting and, as expected from Fuji, lovely colours.

Right, all you Panamoz users...

I ordered last night & got an email to say that they had received the order, do I now wait for them to tell me it's shipped ? And if that's the case, is that a day or two ?

I ordered last night & got an email to say that they had received the order, do I now wait for them to tell me it's shipped ? And if that's the case, is that a day or two ?
Panamoz are excellent to deal with! You'll probably receive your order within 4 days I'd say. That's how long my orders arrived etc...

You will probably get confirmation and tracking a few hours after the order. I would Imagine that you will probably receive the order on Monday now as its 7 hours in front in Hong Kong.

You will probably get confirmation and tracking a few hours after the order. I would Imagine that you will probably receive the order on Monday now as its 7 hours in front in Hong Kong.

I now have an email telling me it's on it's way, but as yet, I don't have a delivery date/time. If it arrives on Monday it will be quicker than waiting for Park to maybe get some in and maybe have one available. Now I just need to make sure I hire the 100-400 for my trip to the Caingorms in November,so I can do a comparison against my 7D2 & Sigma 150-600. If all goes well, I'll sell off the Canon gear and invest in 2 or 3 lenses for the Fooj.

Crikey, I've missed 13 pages of this thread! I'm in Japan making the most of the "WR-ness" of my 18-135 and 35/f2...

Nothing's buggered yet!!

huPgsZi.jpg[\img]

Last edited:
Crikey, I've missed 13 pages of this thread! I'm in Japan making the most of the "WR-ness" of my 18-135 and 35/f2...

Nothing's buggered yet!!

huPgsZi.jpg[\img]

Apparently my phone is weather sealed. It looked like that Saturday morning, by Saturday afternoon it was dead, Glad the Fuji's do better. I have no doubt my XT2 will be drenched before long.

WR or not, that scares the crap out of me [emoji1]

By this my point the state of my trousers was a bigger concern!

I've seen videos of people literally pouring buckets of water over this combo, so I'm happy to take the chance. It's all covered on home and travel insurance anyway... Will let you know if I have any trouble!

Well jealous, loved Japan, visited in April this year. Beautiful country with loads of photo opportunities as well (although I was carrying around my Nikon at that time!)

Well - I'm still not hot on this manual focus lark, but of the images I took I did get this one - best not to pixel peep though!

I do wish the D750 would shift though, I have a couple of horrible itches to scratch... and its all your fault FujiFilm... Damn you!!

Lagging behind
by John Norton, on Flickr

Very nice shot John, detail on this type of shot doesn't matter in my book. Its a great shot and really good mono conversion.(y)

George.

There are rumours on some Fuji forums that production of the X-T10 has stopped - why would Fuji do that ? I'd imagine it must still be selling well ?

Thinking of coming back to Fuji from a D810, have owned XT1 Xe and Xpros in the past.

Anyway, I put a returnable deposit on a XT2 today with the kit lens, 35mm f2 and 100-400 with TC. I was unable to try the kit out as it was sealed, so some questions please. I can pick it up tomorrow if required.

How is the XT2 for birds in flight

How good is the 100-400mm IQ wise.

And is the Booster Grip necessary with the 100-400mm, if so, will the grip take aftermarket batteries.

Thanks in anticipation for replies.

Simon

Thinking of coming back to Fuji from a D810, have owned XT1 Xe and Xpros in the past.

Anyway, I put a returnable deposit on a XT2 today with the kit lens, 35mm f2 and 100-400 with TC. I was unable to try the kit out as it was sealed, so some questions please. I can pick it up tomorrow if required.

How is the XT2 for birds in flight

And is the Booster Grip necessary with the 100-400mm, if so, will the grip take aftermarket batteries.

Thanks in anticipation for replies.

Simon

100-400 is excellent. Cracking ois too. I'd recommend the grip to get the increased balance and boost functionality. The camera and grip do take 3rd party batteries but apparently best performance is achieved using the new Fuji xt2 ones.

That's a seriously cool bundle of gear you will be getting.

Not at all shabby! Fabulous on its own, excellent with the 1.4x telecon and pretty damn good with the 2x, especially bearing in mind that that's got the EFL of a 1200mm lens on an FF body. Albeit at f/11 (which the X-T1 autofocusses very well.)
I'm not a fan of grips so don't use one. IMO the X-T1 balances very well with the 100-400 and extenders with the lens supported under the tripod foot. I reckon a grip would make it unbalanced with the body being heavier than the lens end.
Still trying to talk myself out of the X-T2 upgrade!

And another!
You have to pass an exam to belong in here. A fiver should suffice!
Some serious gear there.
Don't know about bif but @Mr Perceptive and I went to Oulton Park and got some good stuff of racing cars.
There are some shots a few pages back.
Another guy has posted bif in the past week. Good stuff. Just trawl backwards.
X-T2 is a big leap from the T1.

Back