The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That's a shame. What can the second one be used for then? Ones shutter speed at the minute.

Unless it's for aperture, the 35mm is controlled on the lens though so maybe that's what it does with certain lenses
Most Fuji lenses, except the XC series and the XF 27mm, have their aperture controlled by the lens ring. Although the manual isn't the best in the world, it does give the various options you can set the front and back wheels for, including but not only the shutter speed, exposure compensation (if you set the dial to "C"), focus preview magnification, scrollling through review images, etc.

I'm trying to claim cashback on my 16mm lens. Last time I tried I hadn't waited 30 days, now it won't let me make a claim... Everytime I try and use cashback from any manufacturer I have these problems. Complete b****x I reckon... They make it as difficult as possible so that 75% of people don't/can't make a claim

I'm trying to claim cashback on my 16mm lens. Last time I tried I hadn't waited 30 days, now it won't let me make a claim... Everytime I try and use cashback from any manufacturer I have these problems. Complete b****x I reckon... They make it as difficult as possible so that 75% of people don't/can't make a claim

Have to say, I found the experience really easy with my 16-55. Was expecting to be declined for claiming too early, as I'd only had it a week, but ordered a month ago. Hope yours is resolved sharply.

I followed the instructions, made the claim, and have been paid. What's your issue?

Thanks. The Amanita was growing under a mound of grass so I think that had protected it. As they are halucinogenic who does the eating?

There was a suspicious looking squirrel nearby last time, actually. Just leaning on a hazelnut looking cool.

I followed the instructions, made the claim, and have been paid. What's your issue?

OK, I tried again and it let make the claim. Not sure what happened the first time. I tried a couple of times with Canon and never got anywhere...

XT2, 56mm and 23mm.

Cc welcome.

6vBWjvC.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. The Amanita was growing under a mound of grass so I think that had protected it. As they are halucinogenic who does the eating?

Reindeer or Lapp hippies?

Or his nuts... :p

OK, I tried again and it let make the claim. Not sure what happened the first time. I tried a couple of times with Canon and never got anywhere...

Good news... "We are pleased to advise that your claim has now been validated"

That didn't take long... Although £60 in the bank isn't going to quite cover the X-T2 & grip is it :rolleyes:

Well there's always one who lowers the tone.
Trouble it's always the same one:eek:

One of these days I'll nick a ladder so I can get up to gutter level. :D

Well I preordered with Jessops in the end. They gave me £85 for my Panasonic G5 + £100 trade in bonus so I got £185 off the X-T2 and the 18-55 lens.

Now the wait begins......

Liking the 18-135 so far, out today using it as an only lens, supposed to be doing railway photos but every time a train got within earshot the clouds popped out and jumped in front of the sun, only to disappear moments after the train had gone, this one wasn't too bad, 6400 iso in awful flat light. Annoyed at motion blur at 1/400th though.

Pride by Alan Jones, on Flickr

The landscapes turned much better, they'll follow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Liking the 18-135 so far, out today using it as an only lens, supposed to be doing railway photos but every time a train got within earshot the clouds popped out and jumped in front of the sun, only to disappear moments after the train had gone, this one wasn't too bad, 6400 iso in awful flat light. Annoyed at motion blur at 1/400th though.

Pride by Alan Jones, on Flickr

The landscapes turned much better, they'll follow!
Nice placement for the capture!

With regards the motion blur, that does seem like it's excessive considering the shutter speed. Were you on electronic shutter by any chance? Then the individual pixels would be at 1/400 but the whole frame is closer to 1/60.

Nice placement for the capture!

With regards the motion blur, that does seem like it's excessive considering the shutter speed. Were you on electronic shutter by any chance? Then the individual pixels would be at 1/400 but the whole frame is closer to 1/60.

Nope, I stick to mechanical shutter. I was wondering if the OIS may have impacted it slightly, but the stationary bits of the frame are sharp, I can only conclude that the crew were making progress!

Also yesterday:

Yr Wyddfa a'r Glaslyn by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Lonely Room by Alan Jones, on Flickr

15 by Alan Jones, on Flickr

I haven't been up to the Mach Loop for six months at least... I headed up there yesterday with the X-T2 and the 100-400mm to see what would pop in to say hello. All in all, it wasn't a bad day with a fair amount of traffic. I found a couple of things that annoyed me a little using the Fuji in that situation but they weren't major.

The camera/lens was too light to hold steady in 30mph+ winds so panning was tricky.
The viewfinder blackout was unhelpful as I was trying to track but that's something I'll get used to.
The plastic hood on the 100-400 is so 'soft' that it marked/scratched really easily.

Here's a half dozen from the day... The rest are on Flickr too. :)

Excellent shots Simon,do you have the grip at all as it adds a fair bit of weight and bulk and i feel with the 100-400 it makes it a lot more balanced.

Looking forward to my first proper outing with the X-T2 and a few new lenses next weekend at the final of British Superbikes.

Going to be a challenge leaving the Canon gear at home and cant wait for the comments from some of my fellow media togs trackside when they see me with the little Fuji's!!!!

Excellent shots Simon,do you have the grip at all as it adds a fair bit of weight and bulk and i feel with the 100-400 it makes it a lot more balanced.

Looking forward to my first proper outing with the X-T2 and a few new lenses next weekend at the final of British Superbikes.

Going to be a challenge leaving the Canon gear at home and cant wait for the comments from some of my fellow media togs trackside when they see me with the little Fuji's!!!!

Thanks Glen. I've got the grip with the X-T2... I'd have struggled even more without it. :)

To be fair, even the guys with 1Dx's and 300mm f/2.8 lenses were struggling yesterday. With regard to performance though, I've been more than happy with the X-T2 and the AF seems to be as good as it was with my 5DMKIII when I had it.

Cheers,
Si

Thanks Glen. I've got the grip with the X-T2... I'd have struggled even more without it. :)

To be fair, even the guys with 1Dx's and 300mm f/2.8 lenses were struggling yesterday. With regard to performance though, I've been more than happy with the X-T2 and the AF seems to be as good as it was with my 5DMKIII when I had it.

Cheers,
Si
Fantastic pics Si, and great news about the tracking. Now I just need to keep sitting on my hands till Jessops get the order sorted for me!

And as I said about 15 pages ago, could everyone _please_ stop posting 100-400 pics - they are doing nothing beneficial for my GAS! :)

I haven't been up to the Mach Loop for six months at least... I headed up there yesterday with the X-T2 and the 100-400mm to see what would pop in to say hello. All in all, it wasn't a bad day with a fair amount of traffic. I found a couple of things that annoyed me a little using the Fuji in that situation but they weren't major.

The camera/lens was too light to hold steady in 30mph+ winds so panning was tricky.
The viewfinder blackout was unhelpful as I was trying to track but that's something I'll get used to.
The plastic hood on the 100-400 is so 'soft' that it marked/scratched really easily.

Here's a half dozen from the day... The rest are on Flickr too. :)

Great shots Si. 3 and 5 are my favourites. (y)

Back