The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I know there's a price check forum, but just want a quickie answer on this one - how much should you expect to pay for a used 60mm 2.4?

I would guess £250 - £300.

That seems on point then, the seller is looking for €350, which is just under £300, and says it is mint, boxed, hasn't had much use. I think I may be able to get him down on that a little too, as he is looking to trade his Fuji gear against a Sony A7s, I just asked would he do the 60mm separate.

Last edited:
Not sure about the frame - I've a thing against frames - but I like the composition and conversion, and also the unusual ripples (ripples, I said!).
Thanks Stephen. Frame? Well it comes built in to that conversion mode so I'm stuck with it.
Very unusual conditions on the lake so early in the morning.

Disagree. Camera's haven't changed the current trend in photography styles. Photographers have. Documentary & photo journalism has been around decades, wedding photographers didn't invent that type of photography.

Camera's have certainly changed elements of the current trend in photography style:
- there was no such thing as 'spray n pray' before the 5+ frames per second cameras came around.
- 'motion' photos were far fewer and between because or focus acquisition speed and the cameras ability to take multiple shots, for example whilst the bride walked up the isle.
- the decades actually started really in early 2000 before which digital cameras cost an arm and a leg and were not as capable as film cameras.

No body expected 500+ photographs from a wedding!

Interesting hearing about the XT1 and XT2. I'm on the fence and can't decide between a 1 and a 18-55 plus 56mm or a 2 and just the 18-55. I mainly shoot random family captures often indoors and poor light but single AF focus speed is important as on the A7ii it felt slow after my EM1.

Given that you probably don't need the extra capabilities that the X-T2 has over the X-T1, I'd go for a 2nd hand X-T1 (cheap as chips and loads around!) and the 18-55 (or 18-135). Then, if you feel that you really need the 56mm prime because the zoom is limiting you, go for it!

Camera's have certainly changed elements of the current trend in photography style:
- there was no such thing as 'spray n pray' before the 5+ frames per second cameras came around.
- 'motion' photos were far fewer and between because or focus acquisition speed and the cameras ability to take multiple shots, for example whilst the bride walked up the isle.
- the decades actually started really in early 2000 before which digital cameras cost an arm and a leg and were not as capable as film cameras.

No body expected 500+ photographs from a wedding!

Nikon showed off 7fps in 1971 using a semi transparent mirror, though 5fps was the norm for traditional SLRs, and none of these had AF!

We have come on a good way in size since this though...

https://kameratori.fi/nikon-f3p-hp-+-mf-4-250-bulk-film-back-en_1

For anybody interested.....
I asked Fuji about their double cash back and if they would accept the order date as apposed to invoice date for lenses bought between 25th Nov to 1st of Dec.

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM UK and we apologise for the delay in replying to you.

We can confirm, the lens invoice date of purchase must show within the qualifying period of the cashback promotion. Please visit the following link to view the terms and conditions, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

https://fuji-promotions.com/gb/en/pages/cb-1016/terms

The Fujifilm X World Team

Hi All. Long time no post. Nice to see this thread is still going strong after 2 years!

Yesterday I pulled the shutter trigger and ordered a new X-T1 for £689 with a 18-135mm lens and 32G ultra fast card. Those cash back deals really help make this kit affordable.

Yes I'm late to the party - but the camera will last me another 5 years - had to apply patience and restraint to wait for the right price. My X10 has always done what it said on the tin.

I will need to grab a 60mm Macro lens to compliment the 18-135mm. I must admit the 56mm portrait lens looks lush - but in practice I'd do better with a 35mm prime for street stuff. Will save me a bit of cash too - the 56mm ain't cheap :eek:

I have to wait for delivery, before starting to post photos. Not sure how long some of you have been using this forum, but I had lots of fun in the X10 thread. I hope to do the same in this thread :)

Hi I have just put some photos using the XF 60mm f2.4 macro but also the XF 18-135mm shot at mfd to show magnification obtainable I then fitted two cheap extension tubes to the 18-135mm and managed to obtain a slightly greater magnification than the 60mm @ mfd without tubes :) it just could be a cheap option for the occasional macro work ?:fuji:

link below
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149123258@N08/

Last edited:
I certainly haven't noticed much, if any, difference in single AF performance between the X-T1 and X-T2. C-AF is improved, as is tracking. I really like having the new AF point joystick, so I can use all the other buttons for other functions (I have all the pad buttons assigned to change AF point on the X-T1). One thing that is really bugging me, is the warmer LCD colour on the X-T2. Quite a common problem from the look of it. It makes using jpeg output more of a pain. The EVF colour is better balanced than the LCD.

I certainly haven't noticed much, if any, difference in single AF performance between the X-T1 and X-T2. C-AF is improved, as is tracking. I really like having the new AF point joystick, so I can use all the other buttons for other functions (I have all the pad buttons assigned to change AF point on the X-T1). One thing that is really bugging me, is the warmer LCD colour on the X-T2. Quite a common problem from the look of it. It makes using jpeg output more of a pain. The EVF colour is better balanced than the LCD.
Have they still not given you the ability to adjust the LCD/EVF WB then? :(

Have they still not given you the ability to adjust the LCD/EVF WB then? :(

Nope, you just get a colour slider. I hadn't really noticed this until i was trying to tweak jpeg settings on the camera. I was having to tweak WB to get it looking okay on the LCD, but then it would be off in Lightroom. Then the penny dropped! Pretty poor really, as the screens are supposed to be calibrated at factory?

Nope, you just get a colour slider. I hadn't really noticed this until i was trying to tweak jpeg settings on the camera. I was having to tweak WB to get it looking okay on the LCD, but then it would be off in Lightroom. Then the penny dropped! Pretty poor really, as the screens are supposed to be calibrated at factory?
I haven't had a single screen on anything that's properly calibrated out the box TBH. To be fair my D750 didn't need much adjustment, but mybXT1 is way off and far too cool. Had a shock first time I used it and all my images were yellow on the computer as I'd chosen a very warm WB in camera.

I haven't had a single screen on anything that's properly calibrated out the box TBH. To be fair my D750 didn't need much adjustment, but mybXT1 is way off and far too cool. Had a shock first time I used it and all my images were yellow on the computer as I'd chosen a very warm WB in camera.

To be fair my X-T1 is a little on the cooler side as well. So when I put both cameras side by side it is a marked difference!

My Eos 620 is 27 years old, shot 3fps which was pretty cool back in 1987.I still have it today and every now & then I'll run a roll of film through it....

Yes i remember my Canon A1 burning film up at 5fps in the late 70s :) Bulk film loader was order of the day back then lol

I've still got an EOS 3 with the power booster, quite fun firing off shots at speed in it, quite expensive too! I never picked up a power winder for the AE-1 Program, I think that hits the dizzying heights of nearly 2 fps!

I've still got an EOS 3 with the power booster, quite fun firing off shots at speed in it, quite expensive too! I never picked up a power winder for the AE-1 Program, I think that hits the dizzying heights of nearly 2 fps!

You could also fit the MD from the A1 it wouldn't give you 5fps on AE1P but boosted to just over 3fps if memory serves me right :)

Hi I have just put some photos using the XF 60mm f2.4 macro but also the XF 18-135mm shot at mfd to show magnification obtainable I then fitted two cheap extension tubes to the 18-135mm and managed to obtain a slightly greater magnification than the 60mm @ mfd without tubes :) it just could be a cheap option for the occasional macro work ?:fuji:

link below
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149123258@N08/

Surely the tubes + the 60mm will be much better again in that case? Pondering the 60mm here myself, not so much for proper macro, just close up shots and portraits.

Huge advantage the 60mm has in your example is that you can switch right away to general shooting, without having to mess about with removing tubes.

Last edited:
Can't you try before you buy?

Managed to find a local dealer with a used XT1 and a demo XT2. Tried them both using a 35mm 1.4 lens and there was in my opinion a clear difference in single AF speed with the XT2 feeling as fast as my EM1 with a 12-40mm pro lens. Which is a dilemma :(

Given that you probably don't need the extra capabilities that the X-T2 has over the X-T1, I'd go for a 2nd hand X-T1 (cheap as chips and loads around!) and the 18-55 (or 18-135). Then, if you feel that you really need the 56mm prime because the zoom is limiting you, go for it!
This indeed a consideration but after testing as quoted above im not sure now.

What conditions were you shooting in? I still use the X-T1 and X-T2 and don't find the 2 to be noticeably faster at all with my 35mm f1.4. Was the boost mode enabled on both cameras?
I'm new to Fuji (well i will be if I buy one!) I did not know about a boost setting. I thought they were both set to default. I shot in the shop and outside in daylight.

What conditions were you shooting in? I still use the X-T1 and X-T2 and don't find the 2 to be noticeably faster at all with my 35mm f1.4. Was the boost mode enabled on both cameras?
Me neither, no difference at all I felt except for continuous focus of course, both running in high performance mode. Continuous is night and day different.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind one for the extended batteries. Expensive just for that though, actual AF speed isn't impacted but EVF blackout is reduced which is something I would really like. I don't need that until next year though...
Can't say I've ever noticed the EVF blackout, T1 or T2, grip or no grip.

Managed to find a local dealer with a used XT1 and a demo XT2. Tried them both using a 35mm 1.4 lens and there was in my opinion a clear difference in single AF speed with the XT2 feeling as fast as my EM1 with a 12-40mm pro lens. Which is a dilemma :(

This indeed a consideration but after testing as quoted above im not sure now.

I wonder if the X-T1 was running an old firmware? That said, I have read that the X-T2 is better with the older lenses (the 35/1.4 being one of the original three).

Surely the tubes + the 60mm will be much better again in that case? Pondering the 60mm here myself, not so much for proper macro, just close up shots and portraits.

Huge advantage the 60mm has in your example is that you can switch right away to general shooting, without having to mess about with removing tubes.

Yes I was just trying to offer a cheaper alternative to soul deep having to buy a macro on top of the X T1 with 18-135mm lens he had made thats all sorry.

Last edited:
Back