The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Your right about that. The guy probably turn up with the XT1 or XT10 because he got one via the black Friday deal hahahahaha

Set everything to auto and auto ISO too and you can't go much wrong hahahaha.

I was really just using your post for reference ;)

I have witnessed supposed 'Pro' photographers with D4's and fancy lenses balls up weddings [shooting groups close up with wide angles, making them look like coneheads! or not bothering to adjust exposure in post, like they rushed through it or didn't care etc ] . On the other hand I've seen some using older, cheaper gear like the D90 and Tamron lenses and produce wonderful images. Just saying gear isn't all, it helps, once you know what you're doing.
I've seen some pretty poor 'pro' shooters too. Pro doesn't mean they're good, just that it's their main source of income.

Last edited:
I've seen some pretty poor 'pro' shooters too. I pro doesn't mean they're good, just that it's their main source of income.

So true, there was a boom over here in the wedding scene a few years back, and every Tom, Dick and Harry with a camera was offering their services. Some of those are still active, and will tell you they've shot dozens of weddings per year. Yeah, under cutting decent photographers and leaving a string of angry bridezillas in their path :D

Last edited:
So true, there was a boom over here in the wedding scene a few years back, and every Tom, Dick and Harry with a camera was offering their services. Some of those are till active, and will tell you they've shot dozens of weddings per year. Yeah, under cutting decent photographers and leaving a string of angry bridezillas in their path :D
I have shot two weddings... its not easy work at all :D

Something slightly different, sooc jpeg, must get round to editing some photos from this flight

unspecified.jpg

I can see my house from here (near the church in the foreground)

unspecified (1).jpg

No wonder we get so many mozzies with all that water nearby

unspecified.jpg

Last one for now, local weir and boatyard

unspecified.jpg

Last edited:

I've done a few too, it ruddy hard work, if you do the whole package, inc full album and extra prints. A lot of to and froing after the day itself to make sure the couple is happy and all that. I did have one right bridezilla who was very particular about every single shot, wanted certain people cropped out, wanted this one B&W, that one colour, the other in some trendy hipster filter style :D but in the end she was over the moon because I was patient and the album was lovely. I don't advertise to do them, it's not my kinda thing, but I do get a lot of requests

Something slightly different, sooc jpeg, must get round to editing some photos from this flight

View attachment 91902

I can see my house from here (near the church in the foreground)

View attachment 91904

No wonder we get so many mozzies with all that water nearby

View attachment 91905

Nice, using a drone I guess?

Nice, using a drone I guess?

That silhouette in the first one gives it away a bit ;)

Up, up and away in my beautiful balloon

Last edited:
I was really just using your post for reference ;)

I have witnessed supposed 'Pro' photographers with D4's and fancy lenses balls up weddings [shooting groups close up with wide angles, making them look like coneheads! or not bothering to adjust exposure in post, like they rushed through it or didn't care etc ] . On the other hand I've seen some using older, cheaper gear like the D90 and Tamron lenses and produce wonderful images. Just saying gear isn't all, it helps, once you know what you're doing.
A facebook friend got married last weekend and the photo's are awful! They were on facebook the very next day so i assumed they were just guest shots that they were tagged in first but no they were the photographers. I don't know how much they paid but why do people cheap out on togs of all things? They spent £700 on a s*** buffet but won't spend £1k on a photographer when at the end of it all that's all you have left as a memento of the day. I shot a friends for nothing and i hated it and it wasn't greatIs it mean to post some images here?

Last edited:

I've done a couple, and to be honest, I was more stressed than I was at work. Unless it's going to be my main source of income I'll not be doing one again....

A facebook friend got married last weekend and the photo's are awful! They were on facebook the very next day so i assumed they were just guest shots that they were tagged in first but no they were the photographers. I don't know how much they paid but why do people cheap out on togs of all things? They spent £700 on a s*** buffet but won't spend £1k on a photographer when at the end of it all that's all you have left as a memento of the day. I shot a friends for nothing and i hated it and it wasn't greatIs it mean to post some images here?
post images here

Any wedding I shot I spent the following 2 weeks processing, re-processing, sending samples to the couple - I wasn't happy until they were. If that photographer had them up next day, it's unlikely he spent the night processing them to perfection, sounds like a rush to get paid job. Nah, it's not mean, I've posted the odd wedding pic on Flickr, just ones I liked personally.

Probably best not to, wouldn't want to go too off topic :D

Ach, many of us may shoot weddings with our Fuji camera in future, so it can be on topic ;)

Last edited:
I'm don't shoot for living so I avoid wedding at all cost. Helping a friend's wedding is one thing because I don't charge them. I prefer just do the sports stuff, card is provided and shoot in jpeg. No edit require and you paid when the job is done. I'm happy to do a few of these a year and the rest of the year I shoot what ever I want.

Any wedding I shot I spent the following 2 weeks processing, re-processing, sending samples to the couple - I wasn't happy until they were. If that photographer had them up next day, it's unlikely he spent the night processing them to perfection, sounds like a rush to get paid job. Nah, it's not mean, I've posted the odd wedding pic on Flickr, just ones I liked personally.

Ach, many of us may shoot weddings with our Fuji camera in future, so it can be on topic ;)
I shot one wedding and didn't enjoy it. i didn't feel ready as a photographer but it was a friend and i shot it for free as a favour. I tried to persuade them to pay for a pro but they had no money she bought her dress for £40 in topshop. It was me or they wasn't going to have one. They wasn't great but managed a couple of keepers but i've never claimed to be a "freelance photographer" like this guy. But like you said i took a while processing. The outfits looked vintage so i gave the images a look not far off the classic chrome we now have on the fujis but this was a good few years ago now. In fact they've been divorce good few years now too! That's given me and idea if i ever go into wedding photography i can tell them they can have their second wedding half price! lol

The guy might be a member on here he would be gutted if he saw his images on here.

Last edited:
I shot one wedding and didn't enjoy it. i didn't feel ready as a photographer but it was a friend and i shot it for free as a favour. I tried to persuade them to pay for a pro but they had no money she bought her dress for £40 in topshop. It was me or they wasn't going to have one. They wasn't great but managed a couple of keepers but i've never claimed to be a "freelance photographer" like this guy. But like you said i took a while processing. The outfits looked vintage so i gave the images a look not far off the classic chrome we now have on the fujis but this was a good few years ago now. In fact they've been divorce good few years now too! That's given me and idea if i ever go into wedding photography i can tell them they can have there second wedding half price! lol

The guy might be a member on here he would be gutted if he saw his images on here.

One of the one's I shot was for my Sister. It was her 4th wedding, I figured she already had plenty of wedding photos if I screwed it up :D

I paid a lot (over £1k including albums etc) for my Wedding tog and when I look back now they're far from great and I'm a bit gutted about it, but at the time I thought they were great as knew nothing about photography. There's nothing wrong with them per se, but they're just box standard photos with no artistic merit (barring one).

I've turned a couple of weddings down as I just don't need the stress. That being said, I wouldn't mind being a second shooter one day just for the experience.

Last edited:
I've turned a couple of weddings down as I just don't need the stress. That being said, I wouldn't mind being a second shooter one day just for the experience.

That's what got to me. If it was my everyday job, then I guess I'd get used to it, but just didn't want the stress while I was doing a "hobby".

at the time I thought they were great as knew nothing about photography. There's nothing wrong with them per se, but they're just box standard photos with no artistic merit (barring one).

This is the thing. Most people would be happy with a bunch of photos that are in focus with good exposure. They dont understand rules of composition. Think back to your early days before you knew, occaisionally you'd fluke an awesome photo but wouldnt know what made it great until you looked back on it with knowledge. Several of my favourite shots to this day happened that way.

I'm of the opinion that things are only worth what people are happy to pay for them, especially where art is involved. If someone has seen your work and asks you to do it, they have an idea what to expect.

That said, i'm not fond of shooting weddings. I've done a couple for friends, after advising them to go with a pro etc. Fortunately, they loved the results, and I loved giving them. Ultimately though, the amount of stress, followed by the hours invested put me off considering it as a career. I just wouldnt earn enough if I charged what I felt was fair.

I have a few friends who do weddings. I might do some second shooter work next year. I've only just got back into shooting after 5 yr break so I want to get a lot more practice in before that.

I wouldn't do paid wedding work, I get quite enough stress in my normal job! But tagging along doing candids at a friend's wedding while someone else does the bread and butter shots... that would be fun. Unfortunately I turn 50 next year, so the funeral invitations will soon be outnumbering the weddings!

While on a walkabout in Canterbury I saw this child playing Christmas type music, and very good she was too. I love the concentration look on her face.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/120th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Young Violin Player-32724 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

That's a excellent capture George I love the concentration in her face (y):fuji:

That's a excellent capture George I love the concentration in her face (y):fuji:

Many thanks for that Phil, much appreciate your comments.(y)

George.

I really enjoyed the actual day shooting the wedding, it was all the time processing afterwards that I didn't like. I was asked to shoot a wedding which was a year off, so I agreed and spent the year doing some second shooting, then a couple of solo weddings before their big day. It was time I look back on fondly, but just not something I have time for. Second shooter was good in that regard as I just handed over the cards at the end of the day :D

A few days ago, after sundown, out on an ancient water meadow by the Thames. Squads of honking geese were zooming low overhead to land on the water in the distance, but I couldn't think of a way to capture them, so I stuck to my landscape guns. It was dark and raining and quite weird at times, but I would recommend it overall as a place to shoot, even though you won't get a lot to work with in terms of foreground or verticality. Just be smarter than me and wear wellies...

Port Meadow after sunset
by David Hallett, on Flickr

That's a beauty! Somewhere near Lyndhurst way?
Just outside Whiteparish (which has a lovely church which is practically posing for a shot between some trees from the street).
Very nice! Suspect a mono version would also look good... I see so much good stuff on my way to work in the morning, but even if I had the camera with me, there's seldom anywhere to stop.
I did look at a mono version, which looked great I just didnt export it at the time. I like that the colours in this one are quite subtle, with just little specs of vivid orange/brown from the leaves.
That's very nice Jim, really like the light rays & composition.(y)

George.
Thanks George, I shot several compositions and to be honest, kind of fluked this one. I had other shots with the road sweeping across, but in this one I ignored the road and was looking at the rays. As it happens, the road meanders quite nicely into the frame. [emoji14]

Just a quicky from yesterday, I occaisionally get sent to the new forest for work, and despite running late, I had to pull over for this...

Morning light by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Fantastic light I think we would all of stopped to have shot this one :)
Right place ! Maybe not the right time if you were running late ?
But I would have pulled over for sure. (y)

Fantastic light I think we would all of stopped to have shot this one :)
Right place ! Maybe not the right time if you were running late ?
But I would have pulled over for sure. (y)
Like all of us I find myself driving past great opportunities so often, yet I make a point of taking the camera EVERYWHERE. I guess I just figured enough is enough. I've hit a bit of a drought lately as far as shooting goes so gotta take the shots when I can. :)

This was actually the second stop of the journey. I also stopped in a place called nomansland, where although there was no mist, there was some nice light around a small "shrine". Will post it once edited, but my initial feeling is I didnt do the scene justice tbh.

Just outside Whiteparish (which has a lovely church which is practically posing for a shot between some trees from the street).

I did look at a mono version, which looked great I just didnt export it at the time. I like that the colours in this one are quite subtle, with just little specs of vivid orange/brown from the leaves.

Thanks George, I shot several compositions and to be honest, kind of fluked this one. I had other shots with the road sweeping across, but in this one I ignored the road and was looking at the rays. As it happens, the road meanders quite nicely into the frame. [emoji14]

The shot reminded me of images I have taken in Bolderwood for some reason :) Whiteparish looks lovely, must take a visit.

Back