The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

All with the 55-200, it's silly sharp, very impressed. I was also amazed by the Continous AF along with the CH setting, I'm not normally one to spray and pray but I was interested to see how it would go...I have sequences of 8+ shots of cars coming at me at speed, all in focus.

Superb shots, looks like a great rally aswell, thanks for sharing

I've just discovered I don't have High Performance Mode on. Is there a noticeable difference with it on? I certainly wasn't left wanting for anything to be any quicker. I anihilated a battery in no time with it off (despite only taking about 200 shots) anyhow!

Just having a look around the internet at Graphite prices, John Lewis at £949 body only is the cheapest I can find, anyone know of a better UK deal?

They offer a 2yr warranty on most electrical items for free. Some items, such as TV's get 5yrs. I always buy from John Lewis if the price is competitive simply for the warranty.

I should not be left alone with internet access and a Visa card lol, a nice new graphite XT-1 with the 35mm lens on it's way, well paid for and will be posted next week, tomorrow hopefully, I will be interested to see the results next to my EM-1

I should not be left alone with internet access and a Visa card lol, a nice new graphite XT-1 with the 35mm lens on it's way, well paid for and will be posted next week, tomorrow hopefully, I will be interested to see the results next to my EM-1

Excellent work! Let us know your first thoughts, this body is on my shortlist for later in the year :)

Has anyone had any experience of using an adapter for having a Canon lens on the X-T1? Would a 70-300 be too heavy for it? Have seen some reasonably cheap adapters on eBay but wouldn't want to damage the camera or the lens (especially as the lens isn't mine!).

Has anyone here ever own a OMD to compare with.

Some of u may notice I've posted in other thread but this a XT 1 owner thread so though I ask

Reading many reviews point to different cameras.

I think the images from the XT1 were nicer than my EM1 but the EMI seemed to be a bit zippier than the Fuji.
I preferred the Fuji.
Alla

I think the images from the XT1 were nicer than my EM1 but the EMI seemed to be a bit zippier than the Fuji.
I preferred the Fuji.
Alla
But you having got it now have you??

Hmm food for though LOL... Which lens would you go for that won't break the bank and still good for the Fuji.. Is it that much slower at AF?

Has anyone had any experience of using an adapter for having a Canon lens on the X-T1? Would a 70-300 be too heavy for it? Have seen some reasonably cheap adapters on eBay but wouldn't want to damage the camera or the lens (especially as the lens isn't mine!).

I used to use a Canon FD fit, Tokina 100-300mm f4 with my XT1 with a cheap Chinese adapter, never had a problem with it. As mentioned, it's best if you have an aperture ring on lens to step down if needed, but for me I usually shot wide open.

Hmm food for though LOL... Which lens would you go for that won't break the bank and still good for the Fuji.. Is it that much slower at AF?

The best lens bang for bucks has to be the 35mm f1.4 if you want primes. If your on a budget you could also try the 16-50 and 50-230mm lens. Fuji just dont make a bad lens.

I haven't tried the EM1 but I did the EM5, IMO the Fuji is far superior and the EVF is something else. Just go and buy it and enjoy the camera, otherwise you will go around in circles.

Also, the AF won't be as fast as some DSLR, but as Chris has proved above with the Rallye pictures, the AF is no slouch.

Last edited:
Also to add, I sold my XT1 just before Christmas as Fuji delayed the 120-400mm lens by 12 months, as I have started to get into bird photography at home I decided to change to a Nikon D750 (now d7100) for the longer lenses available. Also, IMO, I prefered the JPEGS from the XT1 over the D750. The RAWS will be better from the D750 but for me I dont want to spend too much time PP.

Last edited:
Unless it's an old Canon lens (with manual aperture control) then it will always be fully open

There are some adapters with a crude aperture control but don't expect sweet bikes
I used to use a Canon FD fit, Tokina 100-300mm f4 with my XT1 with a cheap Chinese adapter, never had a problem with it. As mentioned, it's best if you have an aperture ring on lens to step down if needed, but for me I usually shot wide open.

Thanks both. It's cheap enough so might give it a try.

True, I sold the XT1, but I still have an X100s, that has the same sensor and processor. The Fuji isn't that much slower than the EM1 and with the new software, it's very close. I don't know how the new EM1 software will affect the camera though. Lenses for both systems are superb, even the cheaper ones ( oly 14-150 for example) are much better than you think they should be.
Allan

I sold my Oly E-M1 for the Fuji X-T1 (and X-E1 as a second camera) in November, and have not regretted it. Not so much for the IQ, although I find I can get more from Fuji RAW files than I could from the E-M1 even using LR, which I know isn't the preferred converter for Fuji. But I'm of an age where I simply couldn't remember how I'd configured the Oly, and what the Fn buttons and dials were assigned to. With the X-T1 I can see every worthwhile setting at a glance. Like the olden days of manual film cameras! What I do miss from the Olys is the IBIS. Oh, and with hindsight I preferred my previous E-M5 to the E-M1, picture-wise. And the build quality of the Fuji lenses beats Olympus with the exception of the 12-40 and now the new 40-150.

I'm in a similar position at the moment, I have the E-M1 and a selection of glass and should shortly receive a new X-T1 with the 35mm 1.4 and I've already bought the 18-135 as a walk around lens. I moved away from Canon to try Nikon, also tried Fuji E-X1 and then the X-T1, went back to Canon 6D and then to where I am now with the M1 (one or two others in between Sigma Merrils etc;)

At least I've managed to establish that I don't need a full size DSLR or even a crop version, mirror-less is fine for my needs, I am blown away by how light the M43 lenses are but I am slightly wary of the overall IQ.

So I intend to run both Fuji and Olympus side by side (take both with me) and compare as best as I can, I can see it being a balancing act between ease of use, versatility, weight and IQ.

Which is meant to be faster the em 1 or the x t1

Which is meant to be faster the em 1 or the x t1
What is this obsession with speed? You've already said you only or mainly take pictures of static objects. Both cameras are more than fast enough for me. You press the shutter, it takes a photo. Not like the old days of point-and-shoot digital cameras, where it could take as long as a quarter of a second to focus and take.

I can throw either further than I can a D700. Please tell me the prize is a box containing an X-T1 and a D750... ;)

My suspicions are that the prize will be valued substantially less than anything I might be willing to throw :p

Excellent work! Let us know your first thoughts, this body is on my shortlist for later in the year :)

Well it arrived yesterday after a bit of angst https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/a-worried-man.579476/ and I have to say I'd forgotten what a nice piece of kit this is and looks really nice in the silver finish, in the hand the M1 is more comfortable for me but the Fuji is the better looking of the two (my opinion)

DSC00157 by Tim100s, on Flickr

I'll try to get out today with both of them so that I can make some sort of comparisons.

I could never get on with the grip on my E-M1. That 18-135 looks a monster! The graphite finish looks great, though.

:agree: The graphite one looks lovely. Be great for a comparison test, may help Rookies make a decision on which one to buy;)

Are there any good articles/tests about the electronic shutter? I've found it to be a revelation so far, my 23 and 56 have basically been wide open since day one but I don't hear much about the ES (I appreciate it has limitations).

I do find the X-T1 makes some slightly odd auto choices though (well, not that odd, I had a Sony before, that made bonkers decisions when using Auto ISO), such as this...Auto ISO, f1.2, Mech+Elec Shutter and it went with ISO 400 and 1/8500

Morning at the Canal by Harry_S, on Flickr

Last edited:
Are there any good articles/tests about the electronic shutter? I've found it to be a revelation so far, my 23 and 56 have basically been wide open since day one but I don't hear much about the ES (I appreciate it has limitations).

I do find the X-T1 makes some slightly odd auto choices though (well, not that odd, I had a Sony before, that made bonkers decisions when using Auto ISO), such as this...Auto ISO, f1.2, Mech+Elec Shutter and it went with ISO 400 and 1/8500

Morning at the Canal by Harry_S, on Flickr

That's a cracker mate.

Back