The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Fuji have some serious (up to £700) cash back offers on lenses at the mo. There is £100 on an x-t1 body too
I suppose they will get there with their lens line up.:)

It also depends what lenses you want, a lot of the original ones (18/35/60) are cheaper as theres a lot more of them around, especially with all the cashback offers Fuji have been doing.
The newer ones like the 10-24, 23 & 56 are a little thinner on the ground used, although I suspect thats partly a measure of how good they are!

I've been looking at a mirrorless replacement for my D800 but I am loathed to give up the 36mp! I've spent the weekend looking at shots on Flickr and was trying to compare shots of London on various mirrorless (Fuji/Sony/Oly) v some I took with the D800 a few weeks back and at those sizes (internet sizes probably up to about A4 maybe a bit bigger) there seems to be little difference in quality at low ISO's, so much that I think I'm going to look to pickup an X camera of some kind but maybe another X-Pro 1 rather than the XT1 just to see how I get on with it. I do like to print large sizes but the rumoured 24mp sensor coming from Fuji (X-Pro 2 maybe?) would answer that for me I think as its clear the sensor quality and sharpness is excellent.
The ISO is the big thing that is attracting me,i looked at the pro-1 & the reviews mostly say the AF is pretty crap,that,s why i am more or less decided on the X-T1:)

The ISO is the big thing that is attracting me,i looked at the pro-1 & the reviews mostly say the AF is pretty crap,that,s why i am more or less decided on the X-T1:)

The AF isn't great on the XP1 but for most things I do (static objects/buildings) it might be slow but it was always accurate!

The AF isn't great on the XP1 but for most things I do (static objects/buildings) it might be slow but it was always accurate!
Don,t get me wrong it is a good camera & the IQ is excellent,i just thought if i make the move it would be the X-T1:)

I would hold out for a Fuji refurb personally, you can sign up for an email alert when they get stock. Mine was £665 delivered a few weeks ago with the 'PAYPAL12' discount code.

I think you might be right.:)

The refurb deal is good for a UK supplied camera. For info, if you sign up for the email alert they usually put new stock out on a Thursday, sometimes you need to be quick if somethings in demand. The last case being the larger eyecups as they were rare, like rocking horse............ last year.

Cheers for that,i have signed up for email alert,i have put some of my canon stuff up for sale now.:)

On the fuji refurb site it shows the price for the X-T1 & the 18-55 lens is £999.00 when they come back in,is that about right do you think?.:)

On the fuji refurb site it shows the price for the X-T1 & the 18-55 lens is £999.00 when they come back in,is that about right do you think?.:)

To guide you, best price new is around £1,240 for that ( UK stock)plus £100 cash back, or £999 new from digital rev. I know where I'd be going with that

Remember the PayPal discount on top of that. The bundle is only worthwhile via the discount and it if you want the 18-55, as you could get the refurbed body from Fuji and a used 18-55 for less.

Cheers for that,not knowing the fuji market & wanting to get them at the same time i might just wait for the refurb site to come up with both.:)

Cheers for that,not knowing the fuji market & wanting to get them at the same time i might just wait for the refurb site to come up with both.:)

Also, sometimes the Refurb Store does a red letter special where they discount the cameras further than what their currently listed. I haven't paid much attention lately but @Alastair may have further info? I know they have been reducing the XE-2 but not so sure on XT1.

@Swanseajack @jockwav - I've never seen a -T1 at any special discount on the refurb store, the current price is around £650 (£729 less the usual discount), but as usual the -T1 is out-of-stock.

Cheers for that guys.:)

Also, sometimes the Refurb Store does a red letter special where they discount the cameras further than what their currently listed. I haven't paid much attention lately but @Alastair may have further info? I know they have been reducing the XE-2 but not so sure on XT1.

The XT-10 due soon,not sure how that will effect pricing :)

They recently added about 50 X-E2s at a silly low price (about £270 with code), still plenty on there. I picked up the last of around 50 X100S' they had last week for £450.

The XT-10 due soon,not sure how that will effect pricing :)

XT10 ? Rumour or fact, I haven't seen anything. Anyway, wouldn't the next be XT2 unless its a lesser model???

Thanks, will have a look later.

Right then XF56mm vs XF35mm - excluding the obvious FL and Aperture, what differences are there? IS the 56 better than the 35mm with regards AF? Is it weathersealed? Is it any better for IQ (I know, I know, dumb question, the 35mm is excellent!)

The 56 is sharper but from my experience with both lenses I would say the 35 is a bit faster at focusing. They aren't weather sealed

Neither are weather-sealed.

Well I'll become the owner of a Silver XT1 and 18mm on Thursday! I've been looking for a lighter option to my D800 for travel and decided to take a punt on the XT1 with a part exchange of one of my Nikon lenses.

Will be interested to see how I get on with it, will need to pickup another lens or 2!

Has anyone tried the 16-55mm F2.8 lens? I m so tempted by this lens

Believe it or not I had a go of Zack Arias' 16-55 earlier this week. It's a solid lens, but similar to the 55-140 it's a hefty piece of glass for a small camera like the XT1. It was attached without any of the extra grips, but I think with the Fuji battery grip it would balance out nicely. Seemed sharp and well made.

Back