The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Nice one I must get mine out i purchased before Xmas only used it twice lol
Still using X-T1s and X-T10 but in all fairness I've not been out of house which is just as well as my 56mm got broken last time I was out :(
Look forward to seeing the pics (y)

Another from last weekend. Arriving at Manorbier, two things were abundantly clear. One, this was the most interesting light I'd had all day. Two, it probably wouldn't last long. So I took this picture on arrival as a bit of insurance. Just as well I did, because it's probably my favourite of the afternoon.

Manorbier arrival
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Great lead in line and a good range of tones lovely capture David

Another from last weekend. Arriving at Manorbier, two things were abundantly clear. One, this was the most interesting light I'd had all day. Two, it probably wouldn't last long. So I took this picture on arrival as a bit of insurance. Just as well I did, because it's probably my favourite of the afternoon.

Manorbier arrival
Nice work. Not sure why but I always love the way long grass comes out in mono.

Can you let us see these? We are thinking of having a day in Brum and are looking for ideas.

Yes I will try and get a few uploaded for you ASAP to my Flickr for you !:)

Totally bought a silver X-T10 with 16-50mm kit lens from the refurb store today for £406... Peanuts. Just need to decide whether to keep this or the X-E2 now.

On a side note, my wife has just scored a decent gig using Nikons, so picked up a used Nikon D300 and 35/1.8 to get used to the system. Good God they are horrible compared to the X-T1! AF micro adjust issues from the off and don't get me started on the auto white balance! Plus, the menu is horrendous lol

On a side note, my wife has just scored a decent gig using Nikons, so picked up a used Nikon D300 and 35/1.8 to get used to the system. Good God they are horrible compared to the X-T1! AF micro adjust issues from the off and don't get me started on the auto white balance! Plus, the menu is horrendous lol

The D300 may be old news now and arguably horrible but it's a capable bit of kit. A part time model friend of mine sent me some shots and they're simply stunning, as is she :D and when looking at the exif I was surprised to see what they'd been take with, a D300 :D

The D300 may be old news now and arguably horrible but it's a capable bit of kit. A part time model friend of mine sent me some shots and they're simply stunning, as is she :D and when looking at the exif I was surprised to see what they'd been take with, a D300 :D
:plus1::agree:

I'm sure it's perfectly capable. But as a basic analogy, would you swap your a7 back for your old 5D? ;)

Totally bought a silver X-T10 with 16-50mm kit lens from the refurb store today for £406... Peanuts. Just need to decide whether to keep this or the X-E2 now.

I don't think I'll ever have a Nikon again even if I had to get a DSLR I wouldn't go back to Nikon.

I don't think I'll ever have a Nikon again even if I had to get a DSLR I wouldn't go back to Nikon.

I may have overreacted a tad last night :D BUT... Whilst clearly very capable and with oodles of menu options, it feels like such a step backwards. Basic stuff like AWB is poor indoors and the controls don't feel intuitive. I much prefer Canon's control system.

Pictures of home.

My day job is illustration. I have started a series of photos where I process them to look like certain styling I use for my graphic work.
I liked the original picture, but it was overexposed on the face and slightly off.
It's opened up a lot of new ideas. This may not be to everyones taste, but I thought would share.

(Fuji X-T1 18-55) Actually not ! As Colin ( Barrysprout) has correctly pointed out this is Sony !

I HAVE BOOBED !

I will now remove the alien photo, but thanks for all the likes.

Last edited:

Manorbier arrival
Lovely shot. You get about a bit!!

Pictures of home.

My day job is illustration. I have started a series of photos where I process them to look like certain styling I use for my graphic work.
I liked the original picture, but it was overexposed on the face and slightly off.
It's opened up a lot of new ideas. This may not be to everyones taste, but I thought would share.

(Fuji X-T1 18-55)

View attachment 97362
Lovely shot. This is just my taste. most of my shots are shot with at least -1 exposure comp on :)

Last edited:
I'm sure it's perfectly capable. But as a basic analogy, would you swap your a7 back for your old 5D? ;)
I would I still rate the 5D as a great tool for capturing images even at 12mp same with D3 and D700 :);)

I find it strange that in the 70's you paid a premium (about £10 I think) for the black version of an SLR.

On the Fuji's you pay a premium for it to be silver.

That's very true :)never really understood why TBH and certainly not the premium price Fuji charge :rolleyes:

I still shoot with Nikon have done for years most my life in fact along as with Canon Pentax Olympus I guess it's all about how happy you are with the handling and what you get from them image wise !
I still think the menu system and layout on Nikons is the most intuitive and easy to use but that is only my opinion

I would I still rate the 5D as a great tool for capturing images even at 12mp same with D3 and D700 :);)
Looking back at my old 5D (Mk1) shots, they were really clear and sharp, well-defined showing great colours BUT that's only after you'd spent an age cleaning the sensor after every trip, nomatter if you changed the lens or not!

Looking back at my old 5D (Mk1) shots, they were really clear and sharp, well-defined showing great colours BUT that's only after you'd spent an age cleaning the sensor after every trip, nomatter if you changed the lens or not!
Yes not my most used camera I must admit but it has some great qualities
I'm curious now as I have never cleaned the sensor on it once so I'm off to check if I have any dust bunnies ;)

Pictures of home.

(Fuji X-T1 18-55)

View attachment 97362

Todays top stories.

Sony shots in Fuji thread scandal.

:D

I may have overreacted a tad last night :D BUT... Whilst clearly very capable and with oodles of menu options, it feels like such a step backwards. Basic stuff like AWB is poor indoors and the controls don't feel intuitive. I much prefer Canon's control system.
Have you checked you have the latest firmware for the Nikon D300 I have a couple running org firmware in one and the other is up to date with firmware ?
I wish I got on better with Canon but just can't get to grips with the controls even when want ing to make what should be a quick small adjustments :( and it isn't for the want of trying!

Last edited:
Todays top stories.

Sony shots in Fuji thread scandal.

Oh gawd ! Thanks Colin. This was in a folder of stuff and I have been posting everything in this thread I forgot to check.
Nothing like a bit of wrong thread posting to liven up the morning.
I have no idea what I should do now ...

Alien Sony picture now removed. This is going to happen more now I've reached 50, isn't it :)

( Once again, thanks Colin )

Alien Sony picture now removed. This is going to happen more now I've reached 50, isn't it :)

( Once again, thanks Colin )

Just put it back, it doesn't matter. It's only because when my mouse moves over pics the exif data pops up at the bottom. I did similar yesterday when I added a few shots to various groups on Flickr and then had to remove them when I remembered which camera I had used. :)

Just put it back, it doesn't matter. It's only because when my mouse moves over pics the exif data pops up at the bottom. I did similar yesterday when I added a few shots to various groups on Flickr and then had to remove them when I remembered which camera I had used. :)
It's a reminder of how much i've chopped and changed systems over the past few years. It's fine, I will post something later.
It's not like I'm short of pictures. Trying to delete most of 800 gigs of images. It's a slow process !

Can anyone recommend a lightweight backpack for my XT10, 2 lenses, filter kit and small tripod?

Want something when I am cycling or hiking.

Nanneu Pro Military Ops Bravo - mouthfull of a name but a great bag!

Can anyone recommend a lightweight backpack for my XT10, 2 lenses, filter kit and small tripod?

Get an insert and use an ordinary rucksack, I'm currently using a Hydrapak Laguna, loads of room and takes a water bladder too.

Get an insert and use an ordinary rucksack, I'm currently using a Hydrapak Laguna, loads of room and takes a water bladder too.
Any recommendations for a cheap insert? Don't fancy forking out for an F-stop!

Last edited:
Any recommendations for a cheap insert? Don't fancy forking out for an F-stop!

Nothing specific, loads on Amazon and Ebay, I understand the Billingham ones are well regarded

Back