The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I believe it will become one of my favourite lenses tbh. Need to learn how to 'de-fish' pics now.

Lightroom, select Nikon 10.5mm fish-eye profile

140520 Chicheley Hall sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

To this

140520 Chicheley Hall 2 sm
by Mr Perceptive X100, on Flickr

You just have to remember to allow plenty of real-estate around your target Region Of Interest, to allow for the de-fishing!!!

And another one..

gallery_29774_1239_149067.jpg

gallery_29774_1239_283031.jpg

Last edited:
Looks smart. Is the Pancolar lens good?

I have no idea. I couldn't focus it for toffee on the X-E1. This thing though. The manual focus aids are really very good and the ability to zoom in right under the thumb is awesome. It's a shame it's dark now that I've finished work. I might have to shoot some still life lamplight when I get back from college. The reviews weren't joking about the buttons though. Coming from an X-E1 it needs a bit more dexterity. Either way, I now have a use for my Sugru!

Play time when I get home!

Here you go.

X-T1 manual focus assist. With my X-E1 I could not hit anything close to accurate focus at f1.8. This is ISO3200. No colour tweaking, just a bit of sharpening and as much NR as I could get away with. CZJ Pancolar 50mm f1.8 & el-cheapo M42 adapter.

Gratitude
by Harlequin565, on Flickr

Last edited:
This has got MF assist. You've got lots of options. A mini window in the viewfinder where you can see composition of the whole frame, as well as a mini zoom-crop of the focus point. The "zoom to 100%" button on the XT-1 is a button and far better placed. On the X-E1 you had to click the rear command wheel. It's a bit like pressing the middle mouse scroll wheel button down. Awkward and invariably, you'd roll the wheel a bit. Worse though, because the X-E1 is small, it would unbalance your hold.

I haven't figured out how to turn focus peaking on yet, but I don't think I'll need it.

Lightroom, select Nikon 10.5mm fish-eye profile

Thanks for that, I usually leave shots as they are and shoot with the effect in mind. This is a very quick and simple way to correct for times I want to though. Previously I had messed about manually in lightroom to correct but it was more bother than it was worth.

Anyone use a focal reducer? There seems to be quite a few available now. LensTurbo, Metabones Speedbooster, Baveyes, Camdiox etc. Not sure what to go for. I know the Metabones is the best but it is by far the most expensive too.

Delivery status has gone to 'N/A' now... ffs. Don't they know I'm like a big kid the night before Christmas??????????

:runaway:

Patience is the key to paradise.

We will now need an unboxing video.

Not uploaded a picture in a wee while so here is one from last week.

Saw that come through on Flickr and thought it was a beautiful shot. Lovely.

The refurb price with the 18-135mm lens also seems a good price. The lens is fetching around the £410.00 mark so it leaves the body costing approx £579.00 after using the Paypal code.

Cant decide if i on the 16-55mm,it looks quite big,but like the focal range,the last big camera set up was a Nikon D700 with the 24-70, that just became to heavy to carry,is the XT-1 and 16-55 going to be the same.
Anybody got or tried the combo :)

Just bought myself a secondhand 18mm to replace my 18-55 which I've never really got on with.

First impressions pretty good.

Back