The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

A lovely set of pictures.

Who was the stunt rider? Craig?

I like the way it has handled moving subjects - how do you find the handling? Any quirks to it, or things to bear in mind? Got to replace my 4s kit that was lost following my crash....thinking of taking the opportunity to set up with XT2 - not sure about it yet, flash and lighting considerations to include in final decision.

The comparison I posted above with the D750 probably answers your questions. It's basically very, very good but not quite up to decent DSLR levels (i.e. D750) on balance. I guess it also depends if you don't mind the EVF, it's about as good as it gets in the X-T2 but I know some still don't like them.

No idea on the rider!

The comparison I posted above with the D750 probably answers your questions. It's basically very, very good but not quite up to decent DSLR levels (i.e. D750) on balance. I guess it also depends if you don't mind the EVF, it's about as good as it gets in the X-T2 but I know some still don't like them.

No idea on the rider!

Very useful - thanks. Think that has made my mind up for me!

Few more T2s coming on the second hand market. Best price I saw was 890, average today seems 1100. Tempting.

T20 ... Not so many black ones at all yet, too early :) but spotted one at 599, then 639. Extra tempting!

Few more T2s coming on the second hand market. Best price I saw was 890, average today seems 1100. Tempting.

T20 ... Not so many black ones at all yet, too early :) but spotted one at 599, then 639. Extra tempting!
Indeed. I was considering a Pro2 or T2 when I upgrade, but at those prices it's impossible to ignore the T20.

What lenses do you have to capture the toddlers? Was debating whether to get the XT20 or go down Micro Thirds which I've had in the past but unsure of a lens setup for Fuji

Typically the 18-55mm or 55-200mm, but to be honest, I don't have issues with any of them in single shot mode, except maybe the 56/1.2 (on the X-T1 in less than ideal light).

To be clear, I don't use tracking, rather I just whack the shutter release :)

Again, picked mine up from the refurb store for £699.00 with the 16-50mm which goes on its own for £120-150. Total no brainier :D
I agree, and if I had the cash I'd have been all over that tbh. Just not gonna happen any time soon.

I agree, and if I had the cash I'd have been all over that tbh. Just not gonna happen any time soon.

I purchased on a credit card which gives me a month or so to sell some other gear to pay for it :D Hopefully more will be available in the coming months.

I purchased on a credit card which gives me a month or so to sell some other gear to pay for it :D Hopefully more will be available in the coming months.
Now you've got me thinking. Sell the T10 and 18-55 and 16-50 that comes with it would just about cover it. You bad man.

Now you've got me thinking. Sell the T10 and 18-55 and 16-50 that comes with it would just about cover it. You bad man.

Haha it's a terrible habit! Just need to decide whether to sell the X-T10 or X-T1, and which lenses. I'm still waiting for the day I accidentally buy an X100T :D

Haha it's a terrible habit! Just need to decide whether to sell the X-T10 or X-T1, and which lenses. I'm still waiting for the day I accidentally buy an X100T :D
Best thing is, the T20 would be virtually identical to the T10! Once gripped she'd never notice I'm sure [emoji57]

Is the XT20 often up for grabs in the refurbished store? Is there a discount code still knocking about these days?

Is the XT20 often up for grabs in the refurbished store? Is there a discount code still knocking about these days?

It's shown up for a month or so now, but only became available last week (2 silver, 2 black). They were quickly snapped up, and one more black model appeared this week (also gone now).Will be interesting to see if any more show up :)

how do you guys get on with off camera flash with your XT series cameras?
What is the difference between XT20 and XT2? I have read so much I have become completely bamboozled by it all - too many videos to watcvh on U-tube as well...those X-men don't actually tell you much.

Typically the 18-55mm or 55-200mm, but to be honest, I don't have issues with any of them in single shot mode, except maybe the 56/1.2 (on the X-T1 in less than ideal light).

To be clear, I don't use tracking, rather I just whack the shutter release :)

Cheers for that. I was considering getting a kit lens such as the 16-50 or 18-55 and then maybe get a couple of primes such as the 27 to keep it X100 like and one of the F2 primes but unsure which focal length. The only other contender was the GX85/G80 from Panasonic but the video features on that excite me more. The D750 hasn't been used for months so looking at smaller alternatives yet again.

how do you guys get on with off camera flash with your XT series cameras?
What is the difference between XT20 and XT2? I have read so much I have become completely bamboozled by it all - too many videos to watcvh on U-tube as well...those X-men don't actually tell you much.

Never had a problem using OCF with any of my Fuji's from X-Pro1 onwards. Always been manual flash but there are now options for TTL and HSS.

Last edited:
In what way? Sponsorship or something?

]I would imagine more like some sort of article or publicity around doing motorsport with an X-T2 instead of a D750, which of course the world still knows to be impossible.

Well, thats worrying - you know I mentioned that I'd sold the 100-400, well its arrived at the address I sent it to and signed for by someone called Cristina, but as it was a different name and I'm curious I looked up and found out its a courier company called Eastlines in Watford, so I called them and guess what - no Cristina there!

I had a chat with PayPal and as long as I sent it to the address they gave me (which of course I did) I'll be covered.

Guess over the next couple of days I'll get confirmation its a scam, but lets see how this unfolds, but I do expect to see my bank frozen and a shed load of hassle in the coming few weeks - just in time for my daughters birthday - yay!!

So much for me thinking this morning that 07/07/17 would be a lucky day :D

Last edited:
Well, thats worrying - you know I mentioned that I'd sold the 100-400, well its arrived at the address I sent it to and signed for by someone called Cristina, but as it was a different name and I'm curious I looked up and found out its a courier company called Eastlines in Watford, so I called them and guess what - no Cristina there!

I had a chat with PayPal and as long as I sent it to the address they gave me (which of course I did) I'll be covered.

Guess over the next couple of days I'll get confirmation its a scam, but lets see how this unfolds, but I do expect to see my bank frozen and a shed load of hassle in the coming few weeks - just in time for my daughters birthday - yay!!

So much for me thinking this morning that 07/07/17 would be a lucky day :D

That's all you need - good luck with PayPal

Cheers, just a waiting game now - so very odd though, they even haggled... Still I may well be wrong and I hope I am but its put a real downer on the day.

Even getting the 50-230 in my greasy mits just raised a muh..

That's all you need - good luck with PayPal
This happened to me as well. Paypal were adamant that I had fulfilled my part of the deal by getting the goods to the registered address, and that if anything went wrong after that it was nothing to do with me or them.

This happened to me as well. Paypal were adamant that I had fulfilled my part of the deal by getting the goods to the registered address, and that if anything went wrong after that it was nothing to do with me or them.
How did it pan out for you?

I've had this, £900 lens so I guess they like to try it on with high value gear.

My money was frozen for about a month I think. As long as you've posted it to the confirmed PayPal address AND have proof of postage showing the address you should be fine. I sent mine by Special Delivery and luckily still had the receipt, I sent them a scan of that and the screenshot of the signature from RM. They accepted that evidence.

Thats good to know, I have RMSD sighed for signature, the receipt and several photos of me packing it along with a close up of the address on the box that I send it to - hopefully that will be enough, but freezing that kind of money - or more likely the bank account (as I've withdrawn the money already) is going to kill my daughters birthday :(

I have just been a bit naughty and ordered an XT1 and 35mm f/1.4.
Looking forward to having a Fuji again.
I've had an x100 (twice) x10, x-e1 and x-pro1 in the past.
Loved them all but they always got sold for money for other things. Always regretted each time.
I'm moving house soon to an area that deserves to be photographed, and I can step out my door straight into it rather than the crap hole place I live in now that needs a 30 min drive to get anywhere remotely nice.

Also on the look out for an 18-55 to keep me going for a while.
Look forward to posting up some images soon.

I have just been a bit naughty and ordered an XT1 and 35mm f/1.4.
Looking forward to having a Fuji again.
I've had an x100 (twice) x10, x-e1 and x-pro1 in the past.
Loved them all but they always got sold for money for other things. Always regretted each time.
I'm moving house soon to an area that deserves to be photographed, and I can step out my door straight into it rather than the crap hole place I live in now that needs a 30 min drive to get anywhere remotely nice.

Also on the look out for an 18-55 to keep me going for a while.
Look forward to posting up some images soon.

That sounds like a result to me Tom, be good to have you around this thread. "Enjoy".(y)

George.

Well I feel like a total arse, he got the lens and is very pleased and is going to send over shots from his upcoming trip to Iceland, now if this is still a scam of some sort I really don't get it.

Looks like I was wrong, I really hope I am...

Back