The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Very very little, only to centre it up, and not even at 2:1 :)

I would get it in Nikon mount as I have an adapter already

[edit] Just noticed john has indeed linked the Nikon mount version. I have a K&F Nikon to Fuji X adapter begging to be used. I did use it for my old 150mm Sigma macro, sold that on a while back though

Last edited:
Yep, mines the K&F too cheap enough and well built

This is a great shot and a good advert for the lens too. Looks great value for money.

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure after the Lego test, but now I'm quite taken especially as I was considering picking up the MP-E65, which would have set me back at least five times the cost second hand, sure it's a 5:1, but when I had one I almost never went over 3:1, so this should do me nicely

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure after the Lego test, but now I'm quite taken especially as I was considering picking up the MP-E65, which would have set me back at least five times the cost second hand, sure it's a 5:1, but when I had one I almost never went over 3:1, so this should do me nicely
That's great to hear and I'm pretty sure they will be a few people following suit and buying one for themselves after seeing your sucess with it.

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Dirty sensor, went up hills nearby last night and took some pics at F10. Big smudge on pics left of centre, took some of a wall today at F22 and looks xxxx. Away for a few days from Wes next week so local shop going to clean it Tuesday and might get these for next time needs to be cleaned
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01B0TX...colid=8LSEUI57TYR7&coliid=IM6UXOUVTJ9OS&psc=1

Any thoughts on the cleaning kit for XT2?

DSCF1013-HDR-2.jpg by dyrnog, on Flickr
DSCF1100.jpg by dyrnog, on Flickr

Mine are due a good scrub too. Any APSC cleaning kit will do the job. It's easier with mirrorless, you don't even have to flip anything out of the way :D

Very nice shot John, lovely colours :) The best way I get help with a bad phobia of spiders is, take photos of them. My phobia started when a Red Back bit me when we lived in Australia.
Ouch!

Mind you would have laughed, the next shot I tried I think I get a bit close and it lunged for the lens, I damn near crapped myself!

Ouch!

Mind you would have laughed, the next shot I tried I think I get a bit close and it lunged for the lens, I damn near crapped myself!

I've had bugs disappear on me as I was trying to focus, can give you a shiver ... "Where'd it go!!!??" :runaway::exit::LOL:

Dirty sensor, went up hills nearby last night and took some pics at F10. Big smudge on pics left of centre, took some of a wall today at F22 and looks xxxx. Away for a few days from Weds next week so local shop going to clean it Tuesday and might get these for next time needs to be cleaned
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01B0TX...colid=8LSEUI57TYR7&coliid=IM6UXOUVTJ9OS&psc=1

DSCF1013-HDR-2.jpg by dyrnog, on Flickr
DSCF1100.jpg by dyrnog, on Flickr

Go to Cameraclean.co.uk and find a basic wet clean kit. Make sure you get the correct liquid " hence kit "
Just go carefully and you'll be surprised how easy it is to do it yourself.

Well chuffed with Fuji again! I bought a refurb X-E2 again in order to get a cheap 18-55mm and the camera failed :( They didn't have any more in stock, so sent me an X-E2s instead! Very little difference in spec, but it's a more expensive model, so pleased with the service once again :)

Dirty sensor, went up hills nearby last night and took some pics at F10. Big smudge on pics left of centre, took some of a wall today at F22 and looks xxxx. Away for a few days from Weds next week so local shop going to clean it Tuesday and might get these for next time needs to be cleaned

Have always used http://photosol.com/ products to wet clean my sensors on every camera i have had and never had a problem,know they are more expensive but the swabs leave no traces of lint behind like some do and the cleaning fluid is one of the highest purity lens cleaners available.

Im sure there are loads about that are cheaper but the few others i have tried took several attempts and some still left streaks behind. If you can grab one of the digital survival kits from WEX or Cameraclean.co.uk they last for ages to be honest.

Reactions: nog
Well chuffed with Fuji again! I bought a refurb X-E2 again in order to get a cheap 18-55mm and the camera failed :( They didn't have any more in stock, so sent me an X-E2s instead! Very little difference in spec, but it's a more expensive model, so pleased with the service once again :)

Great result. It's funny how the " kit " lens is so popular

I am in need of a T mount adaptor, there's a number of different one on Amazon, could anybody make a recommendation?

It's to fit the DIgiscope unit on my new Swavorski scope.

No takers on this ? I may need to take a gamble on one...

I hope I got this right as I've not shared via Flickr before!
This is one I took last evening whilst walking along the cliff tops at Hunstanton, Norfolk. Fuji X-T10, 18-55 f2.8-4
_DSF0435a by wardy164, on Flickr

I choose 800x medium when sharing, you have it right, just a little large. Fine for me here as I'm on a 17" laptop, but for phones it might be a little large ;) Whatever size you link, will still bring you to the full res you uploaded to flickr. It's just a preview shown here, but it's better quality than direct forum uploading

Last edited:
I choose 800x medium when sharing, you have it right, just a little large. Fine for me here as I'm on a 17" laptop, but for phones it might be a little large ;) Whatever size you link, will still bring you to the full res you uploaded to flickr. It's just a preview shown here, but it's better quality than direct forum uploading
Thank you Keith, I'll look at reducing the size next time but I'm glad it worked out on here.

Thank you Keith, I'll look at reducing the size next time but I'm glad it worked out on here.

The other advantage to sharing via Flickr is the preview shows in quoted posts too, which means others know what image you are referring to.

The other advantage to sharing via Flickr is the preview shows in quoted posts too, which means others know what image you are referring to.
Good point, it's quite confusing sometimes when you see a comment and then have to trawl the thread to comment back.

A really good result for you Sir, It seems Fuji customer service is up there with the very best, shame other manufacturers don't seem to support their customers anywhere near as well.(y)

George.

Great result. It's funny how the " kit " lens is so popular

And quite rightly so Sir, in my opinion "Kit Lens" as it's so often called is clearly the wrong label to give it. Optically it far surpasses any other kit lens out there.(y)

George.

I hope I got this right as I've not shared via Flickr before!
This is one I took last evening whilst walking along the cliff tops at Hunstanton, Norfolk. Fuji X-T10, 18-55 f2.8-4
_DSF0435a by wardy164, on Flickr

Looks good to me Sir, liking this shot very much.(y)

"As has already been said 800 (longest edge) x whatever is a good size to link from Flickr to TP"

George.

Last edited:
Back