The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Very nicely done Dave :) I have similar shots of our cats when i was testing out off cam flash with the Foooj, but yours turned out nicer :)

Thank you Keith for the nice words, I do like the effect that I was told so I might well do it again on some animal shots as and when I get them :)

Well, that was unexpected, went into Nottingham as a belated birthday treat for my son and came back with an X-T1, granted it's not boxed, got the wonky door and the rubber is coming off but it was a decent price so it came home with me

Well, that was unexpected, went into Nottingham as a belated birthday treat for my son and came back with an X-T1, granted it's not boxed, got the wonky door and the rubber is coming off but it was a decent price so it came home with me

Cool, sounds just like my XT-1 :LOL: get the grip for it! Feels lovely jubbly with it on there

I don't suppose you know of any way to repair it do you? I don;t think its an issue but it bugs me a little.

John, I bought a used x-t1 off here earlier in the year. It had a bowing door and peeling rubber too. As far as I could tell, it was about 2 years old.

I tried my luck with Fuji repairs and phoned them up. I explained that the camera was out of warranty, however that the bowing door and peeling rubber was in fact a well documented defect. The bloke that I spoke to said that he would email me a repair form and to complete it and put that it was still in warranty on the form. I did that and emailed it back... 2 days later I received a repair posting box in the post. I returned the camera the same day, which was a Friday IIRC, and got the camera back the next Friday (8 days later). It had a new door fitted, new rubber grip fitted as well as something done to the sensor. It was like a brand new camera. All done free of charge.... Some service!

Give them a ring and see what they say. You've nothing to lose.

John, I bought a used x-t1 off here earlier in the year. It had a bowing door and peeling rubber too. As far as I could tell, it was about 2 years old.

I tried my luck with Fuji repairs and phoned them up. I explained that the camera was out of warranty, however that the bowing door and peeling rubber was in fact a well documented defect. The bloke that I spoke to said that he would email me a repair form and to complete it and put that it was still in warranty on the form. I did that and emailed it back... 2 days later I received a repair posting box in the post. I returned the camera the same day, which was a Friday IIRC, and got the camera back the next Friday (8 days later). It had a new door fitted, new rubber grip fitted as well as something done to the sensor. It was like a brand new camera. All done free of charge.... Some service!

Give them a ring and see what they say. You've nothing to lose.
Damn, thats great news - thank you :D

I don't suppose you know of any way to repair it do you? I don;t think its an issue but it bugs me a little.

I know that it's possible to get replacement grip sets, I looked it up before but couldn't find exactly where from. I found this blog but the guy doesn't exactly say where he got the grips: https://willbarton.com/blog/2016/09/15/replacing-fuji-xt1-grip.html

If Fuji are still fixing them I'd give that a go myself! It doesn't actually bother me much, but if I want to sell it at any point I'll have to explain the issue or 'knock the price down' because of it. It does not affect the weather resistance of the body thankfully, it is just grip and for cosmetic purposes.

Last edited:
I know that it's possible to get replacement grip sets, I looked it up before but couldn't find exactly where from. I found this blog but the guy doesn't exactly say where he got the grips: https://willbarton.com/blog/2016/09/15/replacing-fuji-xt1-grip.html

If Fuji are still fixing them I'd give that a go myself! It doesn't actually bother me much, but if I want to sell it at any point I'll have to explain the issue or 'knock the price down' because of it. It does not affect the weather resistance of the body thankfully, it is just grip and for cosmetic purposes.
Thanks for the link, but yeah, not that I plan to move it on at the moment, but the resale was a concern too, I'll still get knocked down for the lack of box, and strap now I think about it, but hey thems the breaks

Thanks for the link, but yeah, not that I plan to move it on at the moment, but the resale was a concern too, I'll still get knocked down for the lack of box, and strap now I think about it, but hey thems the breaks

I have the box and all the original bits and bobs with mine, the grip is just a little loose where you actually grip it. Fine everywhere else, but my door is bowed too. I don't plan to shift mine either until I can upgrade to the XT-2. But when I do, I have an official Fuji battery grip to sweeten the deal.

Nothing special from me but since after the recent discussion on another thread I thought I post some these shots with the foliage in from today.

View attachment 111611

View attachment 111612

View attachment 111614

View attachment 111615

All taken with a X-T2 and a 16-55 f2.8

Nowt wrong with those, very nice :)

I have been scanning through M43 groups on Flickr as I have a so-so interest in getting a side M43 set up some time, they do have some very nice macro options - anyway, I viewed a lot of landscapes also and I came across some 'smudgey' or what they call 'painterly' effects in many of them in distant foliage. I found myself thinking they showed worse effect than people claim Fuji files do. Had me scratching my head, why does nobody moan about this with M43 images? :thinking:

I`d be very happy if I had taken them, nice shots Graham and plenty of lovely colours :)

Thanks Dave it was more of a location scout as well as nice stroll out I think I'm going back to these locations at better times of the day.

Nowt wrong with those, very nice :)

I have been scanning through M43 groups on Flickr as I have a so-so interest in getting a side M43 set up some time, they do have some very nice macro options - anyway, I viewed a lot of landscapes also and I came across some 'smudgey' or what they call 'painterly' effects in many of them in distant foliage. I found myself thinking they showed worse effect than people claim Fuji files do. Had me scratching my head, why does nobody moan about this with M43 images? :thinking:

Thanks Keith It seems that Fuji polarises opinions for some reason.

There's a minty XT-1 in classifieds atm for £350, if anyone was pondering on one, I would jump on that! It looks like new. Would buy it myself if I had the money to spare.

Nice set Keith, but 1&2 are cracking shots :)

Cheers Dave, I'm having fun chasing these wee bugs about the garden, must look a right looney to the neighbours :naughty::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Bought an infra-red filter earlier this year and haven't got round to using it until now! A bit of fun but not something I will use a lot I suspect :)

Shot with X-T1 and 18-135.

It's showing that the image isn't available now? did you edit it on Flickr? What filter is it you have, I like that effect, I've never actually shot any IR

Bought an infra-red filter earlier this year and haven't got round to using it until now! A bit of fun but not something I will use a lot I suspect :)

Shot with X-T1 and 18-135.

The Orangery by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed and I really like the infra red effect.(y)

George.

Graham, that's simply exquisite..!! Love the rule of thirds, neat. Top notch photography Sir! Get that printed and signed and hang proudly on a wall asap.

wOOOw

Regards
Pete

Cheers Pete appreciate it.

That's a lovely Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good strong foreground, and beautiful misty receding plains.(y)

George.

Many Thanks George

yeah really liking it actually. well, its the only lens i have for this system at the moment so I've been forced to use it more than i may have if i'd bought more lenses.

At present it is the only Fuji lens I have too. And is probably one that if I had to choose only one lens to ever have, I would pick. I've threatened to trade it for other lenses in the past but always think better of it in the end. I know I'd miss it too much. It's a great all rounder and it helps of course, that it is really good from wide open onward. It's insanely sharp at 2.8

At present it is the only Fuji lens I have too. And is probably one that if I had to choose only one lens to ever have, I would pick. I've threatened to trade it for other lenses in the past but always think better of it in the end. I know I'd miss it too much. It's a great all rounder and it helps of course, that it is really good from wide open onward. It's insanely sharp at 2.8

its really nice to wander around with as its so small and light.
Ive stopped it down once or twice and it is indeed super sharp.

its really nice to wander around with as its so small and light.
Ive stopped it down once or twice and it is indeed super sharp.

It's a lovely little lens. I came from mostly using a Sigma 35 1.4 'art' lens, which was pretty hefty for a short focal length prime, to the Fuji 35 1.4, which I find sharper than that much hailed Sigma on the Nikon, and a hell of a lot lighter and therefore more fun to use. It is less than 1/3rd the weight of that sigma, the sigma also costs a fair bit more. Yes, that was for full frame too, but I'm not one to fuss over sensor sizes, once the quality is top. You either get your scene in frame, or not :D

Last edited:
Back