The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

You just want to be me. Don't deny it. Ginger hair and all.

What other lenses do you have @architectfadi ? How does the 16-55 compare to those? IQ, focus speed and accuracy etc.

then why are you buying all the lenses im planning on getting? you just want me to want to be like you!

Well that was my original plan as they really cheap from the refurb shop, but the more i think about it, the more i reckon I'll just anchor after another x-t1. The change would buy the two i40's though...

Its a right spend fest in this thread today, I'm feeling a little jealous :(

I did... Just now. Then went to google the ozeck. Then looked at the ad again then came here to abuse you for having this 'thing' for sale.

I'm supposed to be saving...

Given you're partly responsible for me dropping a grand & a half on this Fuji malarkey, I have no sympathy! :p

I did... Just now. Then went to google the ozeck. Then looked at the ad again then came here to abuse you for having this 'thing' for sale.

I'm supposed to be saving...

Given you're partly responsible for me dropping a grand & a half on this Fuji malarkey, I have no sympathy! :p

And just think how well those lenses will double up for use on the Fuji!

Yes, it's certainly something to consider, especially the 50mm. Any adapter recommendations?

I wasn't trying to persuade you to keep them, it was more that I was trying to get @minnnt to spend more money:)

I've only ever bought cheaper adapters and had no problems with any of them.

I've used cheaper adapters from Amazon for both M42 and Pentax K mount lenses and have had no problems. I did look for ones that had some positive reviews just to be somewhat safe. But with Amazon's returns policy and the adapters costing only a tenner or so, I reckoned I would be safe.

On a side note, I've been testing out Lightroom 6 with the XT1 images and I'm pretty happy.

35mm:
20150423100058_dscf1517.jpg

Any difference between Lr 5 & 6 with regards to rendering?

Ta.
I've not noticed much yet. I do sharpening on XTrans files with detail set to 100 and I've not had any particular problems with water colour effects. It does seem ever so slightly slower, despite me having a decent GPU on my machine, but I'm wondering if that's a hangover from it upgrading the catalogue. I might leave it on all night tonight re-rendering the previews to see if that sorts stuff out.

The face tagging is pretty nice, if occasionally mad in it's zeal to find faces. Having spent lots of time scanning on old family slides and not knowing who people were, I like the idea of Exif identifying people if my grandkids ever look through my pics :)

I tried the detail slider at 100 but didn't like it that much so have reverted to leaving it at the default 25.
I set the amount to 25-40, depending on the image, but use 100 on detail, 1.1-1.3 on radius and 10-30 on masking. I know those are all ranges, but they seem to give me nice images. I also like 10-20 on clarity.

Never tried the masking slider. Will have to have a play with it.

I just tend to alter the sharpness between 25 and 50 and I'm done.

I'm tempted to sign up to CC, i have Lr5.7 and cs6 already so just waiting for a few reciews on the new Lr. I don't really use the catalogue features within Lr so would probably just delete it before i installed CC. Dunno.

23 should be with me tomorrow so will try and get some pics to have a play around with.

I'm tempted to sign up to CC, i have Lr5.7 and cs6 already so just waiting for a few reciews on the new Lr. I don't really use the catalogue features within Lr so would probably just delete it before i installed CC. Dunno.

23 should be with me tomorrow so will try and get some pics to have a play around with.

Pssst! don't tell anyone else, but now that you are a Fuji owner----- https://creative.adobe.com/promo/FujiFilmCCPP

Alright you tell who you want, and there are no checks in place to see if you own a Fuji.

Arguably my most used Lightroom tool.

I shoot a lot at larger apertures and the last thing I want is to sharpen bits of the image I've intentionally kept out of focus!

Pssst! don't tell anyone else, but now that you are a Fuji owner----- https://creative.adobe.com/promo/FujiFilmCCPP

Alright you tell who you want, and there are no checks in place to see if you own a Fuji.

Apologies in advance for asking the daft question, but I'm not seeing an explanation of how you can use this when you don't have an internet connection. I holiday in NW Scotland without a landline and barely even a 3G phone signal, so would I still be able to use this or would I have to keep my existing LR5 and Elements 12 on the laptop? Thanks!

Apologies in advance for asking the daft question, but I'm not seeing an explanation of how you can use this when you don't have an internet connection. I holiday in NW Scotland without a landline and barely even a 3G phone signal, so would I still be able to use this or would I have to keep my existing LR5 and Elements 12 on the laptop? Thanks!

Wasn't sure how often you had to "check in" but checked on the Adobe forums....

2. If I am "offline" (no internet accessibility) is it true that in as little as 7 days all of my Cloud licensed applications will be revoked even if my Monthly subscription is up to date?

Per the Creative Cloud FAQ here http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html under General information the answer to question Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Creative Suite applications? the anwer provided is: "Because your Creative Suite applications are installed directly on your computer, you will not need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis. However, you will need to be online when you install and license your software, and at least once every 30 days thereafter. The software will alert you when you need to connect to the Internet for a license status check." The license status check has a 7 day grace period. So you just need to check in once every 30 days.

Wasn't sure how often you had to "check in" but checked on the Adobe forums....

2. If I am "offline" (no internet accessibility) is it true that in as little as 7 days all of my Cloud licensed applications will be revoked even if my Monthly subscription is up to date?

Per the Creative Cloud FAQ here http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html under General information the answer to question Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Creative Suite applications? the anwer provided is: "Because your Creative Suite applications are installed directly on your computer, you will not need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis. However, you will need to be online when you install and license your software, and at least once every 30 days thereafter. The software will alert you when you need to connect to the Internet for a license status check." The license status check has a 7 day grace period. So you just need to check in once every 30 days.

That's brilliant Barry, many thanks for the info. :ty:

Back