The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Does the x-t1 support wireless hss with ocf/trigger setups yet? Besides the i40?

Thanks for the advice folks, I've ordered the official Fuji large grip from Amazon as if it doesn't work out getting a refund is simple enough :)

By coincidence I was about to put my Fuji X-T1 large grip, which has been permanently on my X-T1 since I bought it last March, in the classifieds as I have replaced it with the battery grip, which is better for portrait work, at that is my main photographic interest. If you want to buy it how does £50 + RMSD sound?

Hope posting this doesn't fall foul of the mods, if so I hope they will accept my apologies.

By coincidence I was about to put my Fuji X-T1 large grip, which has been permanently on my X-T1 since I bought it last March, in the classifieds as I have replaced it with the battery grip, which is better for portrait work, at that is my main photographic interest. If you want to buy it how does £50 + RMSD sound?

Hope posting this doesn't fall foul of the mods, if so I hope they will accept my apologies.
I'll send you a PM as yes I'd like to buy it so if you end up starting a for sale thread could you give me first refusal, thanks :)

@T_J_G and other, how did you find the XT1 AF after updating to FW4.0?

I think after such a long break from Fuji you probably wouldn't notice any difference in speed. It was noticeably better immediately after the upgrade but the biggest change was the zone focusing which I've still not used.

I think after such a long break from Fuji you probably wouldn't notice any difference in speed. It was noticeably better immediately after the upgrade but the biggest change was the zone focusing which I've still not used.

So was it mostly a tracking update or is the CAF single spot noticeably better, I always thought it was alright but an improvement might help me overlook the flash issue. :D

I don't really use continuous but from my brief testing of the focusing it all just seemed slightly better. Maybe best to wait for someone who has moving targets.

I don't really use continuous but from my brief testing of the focusing it all just seemed slightly better. Maybe best to wait for someone who has moving targets.

Thanks Colin, appreciate it. Ive sold some gear so getting that itch again.

I took mine to Oulton Park to test it out after the upgrade. It was a very disappointing outcome. Now that may have been my technique!
I have seen good action shots but get the impression that they were shot from a distance and cropped in. I was trying to stand quite close with a slowish shutter speed of 1/30 or 1/60.
I can do that with my 5D3 but couldn't manage it with the Fuji.
As I say it might be my technique or it could be that I was asking too much of it.

@twist if you're ever over this way you can have a play with my XT1 with FW4.

But yeah it's much better but still isn't amazing. I use zone sometimes at events, rarely use wide tracking. Mostly in single shot rather than continuous.

@twist if you're ever over this way you can have a play with my XT1 with FW4.

But yeah it's much better but still isn't amazing. I use zone sometimes at events, rarely use wide tracking. Mostly in single shot rather than continuous.

Thanks Tim, may take you up on that offer :)

I remember when your missus was pregnant, time flies! Cute kid.

@twist what's tempting you to the Fuji side?

Again?

Ive always liked Fuji as a system, good IQ, nice handling, fast primes, good skintones, whats not to like :D...... fake ISO, lack of OCF options, 16MP, mixed AF. :(

As a system when all things are considered though it works well and has given me great results in the past. It wouldn't replace my D750 but rather work alongside for when I cant be bothered to carry the beast and its big primes.

i think it's more than an adequate backup, but as you say still a few things to iron out. Maybe the XProII may fix a few of these things certainly be interesting to see.

I love the system but get equally frustrated sometimes..

i think it's more than an adequate backup, but as you say still a few things to iron out. Maybe the XProII may fix a few of these things certainly be interesting to see.

I love the system but get equally frustrated sometimes..

Sure, its not a 'toy' camera and my secondary camera never is, or Id buy an RX100 etc. but it also doesn't really compete against something like a D750 IME.

Maybe, I think it'll most likely use the newest A6xxx sensor that's not been launched yet, the A6000 sensor is already quite a large improvement over the previous 16MP sensor so the new one should be even better with Fujis magic added.

@T_J_G and other, how did you find the XT1 AF after updating to FW4.0?
Coming from an XE2 the firmware 4.0 on an XT1 is a genuine revelation - the speed is massively improved and the C-AF works very well so much less hunting from the lens - don't get me wrong in Hi-speed mode there are still shots out of focus but nowhere near as bad as the XE2.

I'm really happy with the XT1 so if the grip sorts out the ergonomic downsides I'm sorted :)

No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
I am definitely happy with my purchase! Shooting with the XT-1 is a nice step up from my previous.

Best shot from the weekend - using the 27mm pancake.

22371014518_237fde30b1_b_d.jpg

I've used the X-T1 for motor sports. Occasionally it will miss a shot I know my DSLR would have made (I set the camera to only shoot when focus is achieved, and sometimes it just doesnt). However I get shots I like from the day, and its much lighter to carry up the hill!

I'd agree (using X-T10). I'm more likely to 'miss' a shot but equally it's more likely to have me out and about taking the shots in the first place!

Eduado Mortara
by theunstoppablegiraffe, on Flickr

Valterri Bottas
by theunstoppablegiraffe, on Flickr

Back