The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'd prefer the aperture and faster focussing of the 56 I think. Lot of money though considering I rarely use the camera at the moment. Bonkers really that my favoured 2 options are buy a £600 lens or sell the camera completely!

Finally found time to give my X-Fujinon 55mm f/1.6 a quick run out today :) Having rattled a few shots off with it inside the house, I was a bit worried that it may be a bit gash. Turns out it's pretty decent though!

Here it is:

DSCF4256.jpg

A couple of samples (sharpened a bit):

f/1.6

X-Fujinon 55mm f/1.6 EBC @ f/1.6

f/2.0

X-Fujinon 55mm f/1.6 EBC @ f/2.0

Not quite the 56/1.2, but not bad given that it's about 30 years older :D

Been at a wedding today (in India!); my first time out properly with the 35 1.4. Absolutely great, though the weather here is making me strongly consider swapping for the f2 WR version when I can get my hands on one.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if you can get blinkies in the EVF as well as review mode?

No blinkies or RGB histogram, would like both along with a better bracketing range and a battery indicator that worked

Maybe one day via firmware or on the XT2

No idea for the X-T2, rumoured to be six months after the X-Pro2 which fairly reliable sources say mid Jan 2016 with a Sony 24mp sensor.

Would really like in body stabilisation, that ain't happening so will settle for the improvements I mentioned above

@manualfocus-g much prefer the colour rendition from the 55mm over the 56.

Agree from those shots but it's unfair on the 56 though as I was shooting it indoors in artificial light. Attempted to try both today side by side but the sun refused to come out :(

I finally took the plunge and got rid of my Canon 5D3 and all my L glass, I'm totally an Fuji X shooter now. I treated my self to a new Samsung UHD 4K TV and was going to buy the Fuji X 56mm F1.2 and/or possibly the 50-140mm but my daughters macbook curled up and died, as she's halfway through Uni I'm going to have to replace it :(
Anyway I can now concentrate on getting the best out of my Fuji gear, no more agonizing about which gear to take out with me now, I'll take it all ! My XT1 , 10-24mm. 35mm and 55-200mm all fit comfortably in my TT retro 7 along with my X100T.

I finally took the plunge and got rid of my Canon 5D3 and all my L glass, I'm totally an Fuji X shooter now. I treated my self to a new Samsung UHD 4K TV and was going to buy the Fuji X 56mm F1.2 and/or possibly the 50-140mm but my daughters macbook curled up and died, as she's halfway through Uni I'm going to have to replace it :(
Anyway I can now concentrate on getting the best out of my Fuji gear, no more agonizing about which gear to take out with me now, I'll take it all ! My XT1 , 10-24mm. 35mm and 55-200mm all fit comfortably in my TT retro 7 along with my X100T.

Congratulations Jim, that sound like a good move and I'm sure you've made the right decision.(y)

George.

Went back to the library yesterday. Tripods are banned so I took a gorillapod and wound it round a chair back!

I also found out that they do out of hours tours for photographers. No trippers, 12 togs max, and you get to go to places that are normally out of bounds. Tripods are allowed. I've written off to see what, if any, the plans are for next year.

John Rylands Library roof.
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

Thanks David.
It's been mentioned in the Northern Massive thread but they all seem to be from Yorkshire so I assume that not many will come over.
I'll start a separate thread when/if I get any firm info.

Any thoughts on our other proposed trip yet?

Thanks David.
It's been mentioned in the Northern Massive thread but they all seem to be from Yorkshire so I assume that not many will come over.
I'll start a separate thread when/if I get any firm info.

Any thoughts on our other proposed trip yet?

Love that shot and even though I only live 9 miles away its somewhere I've never been if you do get any information about a future trip then I would be interested.

Andy

Agreed about the weather. So I'm not going out today...I'm going out tonight. Off to the Albert Docks in Liverpool. Lots of reflections etc.
It's a waste of time in daylight at present.

I've seen it at that very angle in the past, I spent a few nights in there back in the 90's when I worked for Ford :beer: Nice shot !

Yes, I did work quite hard with white balance etc. I got rid of the orange/yellow but it just looked unnatural.
It was blowing a hoolie on the waterfront. Blew my hat into the water, but luckily just at the edge of the ramp so tripod was used as a fishing rod!

Don't know if this has been mentioned before in the 9,470 posts in this thread, but it is worth repeating.
I've just found out that I can use my Yongnuo RF 603C ii as remote triggers for the X-T1.
I can also use my 622C TX as a flash controller with all setting functions available; flash power, groups etc. I use my Canon 580EX ii flash guns. Don't need to be tied to a cable any more and can fire multiple guns at once, on different settings if need be.

Is that of any use to anyone?

I'm looking at an X-T1 + 18-135 from Panamoz for £932 here: http://panamoz.com/index.php/digita...1-mirrorless-digital-camera-kit-18135-wr.html

Anybody know of a better deal?

TIA :)

Depends what you want. Currently available from Amazon, Calumet and WEX at £1100 with £75 cashback, so £1025. This price also gets you a free vertical grip which is supposed to be worth £199, but you might not want that.

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/...stem-Cameras/Fujifilm-X-T1-with-18-135mm-Lens

I sold my grip on here for £120. It was up for sale for approx 10 minutes.
Then you can buy UK sourced with a theoretical better guarantee.

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/Compact System Cameras/products/Fujifilm/X-T10 Compact System Camera in Silver XC16-50mm MKII Lens-96694/Show.html

Guys its really worth it!

II am still not convinced to buy it xD

I still have my nikon however, who needs a new camera, this cant get much better. With the cashback you can vuy other lens

Btw can anyone tell me how the cashback works on fuji? Because nikon gives you a voucher to spend where you want .

Does fuji actually transfers the money to your account?

Last edited:
http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/Compact System Cameras/products/Fujifilm/X-T10 Compact System Camera in Silver XC16-50mm MKII Lens-96694/Show.html

Guys its really worth it!

II am still not convinced to buy it xD

I still have my nikon however, who needs a new camera, this cant get much better. With the cashback you can vuy other lens

Btw can anyone tell me how the cashback works on fuji? Because nikon gives you a voucher to spend where you want .

Does fuji actually transfers the money to your account?

Yes it's transferred to your bank account typically about 14 days after you apply. You cannot apply until 30 days after the purchase, so it's about 45 days after purchase.

Back