The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Wish i hadn't missed out on the soft release buttons.... damn.

Sorry about that. Didn't know you were interested.
Things move quickly on this thread...that discussion is now some 200 posts back. Frightening!

If this order works out well then I might, repeat might get another order together for those who missed out. But it will have to be big enough to make it worthwile.
Watch this space. Subscribe to the thread!

It's weird because I really like having a soft release on my X-E2, but I've not felt the need with the X-T1. Presumably because I've been shooting predominantly with the 18-55mm which has pretty incredible OIS built in. I can fairly comfortably shoot sharp shots at 1/5th second with it, without the need for a soft release.

Just order one yourself I did. Was a very kind offer from Frank and If my wife hadn't of been messing about looking at bloody handbags I would have been home sooner and made the deadline!!!

Ooh now I wish I hadn't of clicked that link

I need to get a zoom to go with my 18 and 27 on my xpro 1

I was thinking of the 18-55 how do the 2 compare?

It's an excellent lens IS is very good an on the xt1 gives me a full weatherproof kit. I've put my 18mm up for sale now and ordered the samyang 12mm to replace as I wanted something wider. This was taken last week with the 18-135.

Andy[IMGDown the Road on a frosty morning by -Andrew Duxbury Photography-][/IMG]

Must ask the question...what about white balance? I forgot to mention on my power station shot^^^^^^that I never touched WB at all. My Hoya Pro 5 and 10 stoppers have minimal colour cast. Is this shot of yours "as shot" or have you had to tweak WB. If you have then you've done it well. If you haven't then that's a good filter.

Must ask the question...what about white balance? I forgot to mention on my power station shot^^^^^^that I never touched WB at all. My Hoya Pro 5 and 10 stoppers have minimal colour cast. Is this shot of yours "as shot" or have you had to tweak WB. If you have then you've done it well. If you haven't then that's a good filter.

It's not perfect..I had to cool it slightly.

If this order works out well then I might, repeat might get another order together for those who missed out. But it will have to be big enough to make it worthwile.
Watch this space. Subscribe to the thread!
How about a bulk purchase of the 100-400mm ? I wonder what we'd get them for ? :p

How about a bulk purchase of the 100-400mm ? I wonder what we'd get them for ? :p
Good idea. I'm heavily involved with the buttons.
Thanks for volunteering to get these lenses sorted for us. Let me know when you have them. You said you were thinking about a trip over to Liverpool. You can bring mine over with you and I can pay you on delivery.

You're a good man(y)

Good idea. I'm heavily involved with the buttons.
Thanks for volunteering to get these lenses sorted for us. Let me know when you have them. You said you were thinking about a trip over to Liverpool. You can bring mine over with you and I can pay you on delivery.

You're a good man(y)
LOL That I am. Alibaba.com have them for $150 each minimum order of 100. They've spelt them wrong though Fujee lens, but anyone can make a mistake, who's in ? :whistle:

Yes. I've done it. But you really have to be very quick at releasing the shutter button. It's not easy. It's easier to switch back to single shot. If you can't remember to switch back and forth just get a bigger card!!!

Like that a lot! It makes me want to move the 3 (plant pots?) over slightly to the right to middle them but I do see what you're doing. Really enjoyed that one, either way!

Thanks there was a load of chairs to the right as ideally I wanted the shadows from all 3 pots. This was the only decent thing in their to photograph as Manchester Cathedral is having a big renovation inside, so most things are all covered up at the moment.

HAHA, right place right time, although I did stand in that spot for about 10 minutes just waiting for the right person to go past. Not really done street before and i've just started now but I'm enjoying it.

HAHA, right place right time, although I did stand in that spot for about 10 minutes just waiting for the right person to go past. Not really done street before and i've just started now but I'm enjoying it.

I think any style of photography can require patience and the right scene to be fair - in my head I always assume that street photos are quick snaps, but from experience know that's not necessarily the case!

Same here! Just trying it for the first time, and that's my "technique" (or lack of it) in a nutshell :-D Not least because I'm used to working very slowly and deliberately, so lightning reactions are not going to happen!

Mine isn't as clever as yours, but he was just the right chap for the Ashmolean.
Leaving the Ashmolean by David Hallett, on Flickr

Same here! Just trying it for the first time, and that's my "technique" (or lack of it) in a nutshell :-D Not least because I'm used to working very slowly and deliberately, so lightning reactions are not going to happen!

Mine isn't as clever as yours, but he was just the right chap for the Ashmolean.

Might have to follow you, too, David. Really like that!

Well caught :)

Like that David spot on with the composition and you have captured the guy in full stride.

That's a really great street style shot David, well seen, good comp' and exposure. Would also work very well in mono.(y)

George.

Back