The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

To be fair Fuji are an established player now, not as much need to entice people in with great offers. I was expecting a lower level of cash back and yeah, probably still going to look second hand for my next lens :p

To be fair Fuji are an established player now, not as much need to entice people in with great offers. I was expecting a lower level of cash back and yeah, probably still going to look second hand for my next lens :p

Like Canikon and Sony aren't? They still offer pretty good amounts off, the offers poor imho. In AU its $200 per item!!

Last edited:
I expect that there are regional volume targets to be met, and prices will be set accordingly.

Sure, so they don't want the uk sales, its laughable I could import from the states pay all taxes and shipping and its still cheaper than here!

Oh well. I can wait... or can I.
You're a better man than me if you can!

With my last car, I wanted a particular spec. They said I would have to wait two months for it to be built. After I threatened to leave the showroom I got it in 10 days. Miraculously they found one already at the docks ready to come in. I don't do waiting.

You're a better man than me if you can!

With my last car, I wanted a particular spec. They said I would have to wait two months for it to be built. After I threatened to leave the showroom I got it in 10 days. Miraculously they found one already at the docks ready to come in. I don't do waiting.

Agreed... I hate waiting. But I also hate paying more than everyone else.

Last edited:
Well the Helios came today and so did the adapter. Lens is immaculate thanks to Duncan for the recommendation. Didn't come with any lens or end caps but pretty cheap on ebay.1464815859720.jpg1464815875333.jpg1464815883452.jpg

I know he could have been positioned better, but the expression was great and so was the little splash of sunlight just at the right moment. Once again from the 55-200 through my lounge window.
FULL-DSXT1867.jpg

The Helios looks good on the XT-1 I think it's only a matter of time before my cash and I are parted. Which adapter did you go for and is it a good fit?

Hi

I got the K &F Concept from Amazon good fit and solid. Also have one for Pentax glass as well.

If this thread goes anymore "retro" we'll be wondering whether to go for the XXXV or L focal length :whistle: Anyway I'm bucking the trend, my 35mm F2 arrived from the refurb store, got home late so `i'll not get a chance to try it until tomorrow. My M39 adapter also arrived so I'll be able to try some shots with my Jupiter 8 50mm F2 ! Some many new toys and so little time !

Picked up an absolute steal today, bought a Super Paragon 75-200, F4.5 Contax fit for the princely sum of £5! Early tests on the XT1 seem great. Can't go wrong at that.

Ha, I've had that model before, used on a Canon DSLR with an adapter. I remember being suitably impressed for a budget lens!

Took a trip to Lulworth today. For the first time ever, my boy asked to take a photo. After dragging me halfway up a cliff, I showed him the pano mode, and he took this. :)

uploadfromtaptalk1464899038165.jpeg

Quite a few good shots today, will give them the lightroom treatment they deserve. I did take a version of this with the sign in lower left, which I felt flowed better, but for some reason I get a card read error when accessing in camera. I shot raw and f so hopefully one of them will be useable.

uploadfromtaptalk1464899192650.jpeg

Took a trip to Lulworth today. For the first time ever, my boy asked to take a photo. After dragging me halfway up a cliff, I showed him the pano mode, and he took this. :)

View attachment 65957

Quite a few good shots today, will give them the lightroom treatment they deserve. I did take a version of this with the sign in lower left, which I felt flowed better, but for some reason I get a card read error when accessing in camera. I shot raw and f so hopefully one of them will be useable.

View attachment 65959

Which one is Cliff?

Back