The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yes, everything apart from sensor size and image quality... :rolleyes:
You're swapping the D750 for a Df for sensor size and IQ?

There's a reason why one is one of the most popular FF DSLRS on the market and one isn't mind.... you get so much more for your money with the D750.

Finally got to use my 23mm F2 while walking the dog today, nothing of note just some random snapshots. Looks fine to me, no CA's I could see, or softness. I shot most at 1/60 sec, not by choice i had that speed set on the auto iso setting, keep meaning to change it. Anyway I had a lot of soft shots, but due to camera shake caused by the low shutter speed and the dog pulling on the lead. I'm happy enough with this little lens thus far. I took a couple of close shots and they are a little soft at F2 but nowhere near as bad as my X100T at F2.

DSCF0136 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0222 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0456 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0468 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0486 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0257 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

DSCF0213 by Jimgallaher, on Flickr

Great set of images Jim, liking all of them but #5 (Single Leaf) is right on the money in my book.(y)

George.

That's a pretty fair summary :) I bought the 35/2 here but sold it because it didn't have the magic of the 35/1.4 for portraits. But now I miss the AF for general shooting! So might pick up another :D

I'm halfway through that journey with the f2. It's a really good, extremely competent lens, but it doesn't have quite the same mojo as the f1.4, which I completely realise is a daft statement considering it's all metal and glass and a hint of software, but photos from the 1.4 just feel better somehow.

I'm going to be in Newcastle next week on business, just bringing my x70. I've never been in the toon before so I was wondering where I could some nice photos if I get a chance to have a walk around, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm going to be in Newcastle next week on business, just bringing my x70. I've never been in the toon before so I was wondering where I could some nice photos if I get a chance to have a walk around, any suggestions would be appreciated.
I visit there every few months as my wife's a Geordie!!

Whereabouts are you staying?

Quayside is fine at night but is Gateshead rather than Newcastle. Inside the Sage has some great photo opportunities and if you go in the Baltic you can go up to the top for some great views all these are next to one another. There's also the Keep which gives you great views across the city and either the Tyne or high level bridges. There's also some great buildings in Newcastle centre. If you have transport and have time then about an hours drive away you have the Northumberland coast and Seahouses and Bamburgh.

Anyone using the 55-200? What's the best zoom
For the X-T2? I haven't got £1600 for the 400!

Best is subjective, though I hear the 50-140 is sharpest. Also a constant 2.8.

I have the 55-200 and it's good. It's good to use wide open and the OIS is up to fuji's usual standards.

I have the 55-200 and 50-230. Both are good but the more expensive 55-200 focuses faster, is built sturdier and is slightly sharper. The 50-230 is much cheaper though and very light.

Yes, I'm using/shooting the XF55-200, finding it really excellent to be honest for the money, stellar results. Recently got a 24"x16" colour print of our collie dog professionally printed shooting with the XF55-200mm and the end result was (for me) simply jaw dropping.

Regards;
Pete

Last edited:
Yes. I have one. You may have seen the shots from Oulton Park that I took with it.
But, and it's a big but....I don't spend all night looking at every single pixel from every conceivable view point to work out if it is sharp or in focus.
I don't micro examine all the corners and edges for sharpness.
I certainly don't time the AF to the fraction of a nano second that some on here do.

It does what it says on the tin and I like it.

There will no doubt be 125 posts to follow giving every possible thought on the lens so youd better ignore what I have to say.

I'm certainly no Pixel peeper, photography is art after all and art is subjective.

Cool so I've narrowed down my next two lenses to be the -
35mm f2
55-200mm
18-55mm (which I own)

Think that'll give me a good variance and I'll add a macro at a later date. I did consider the 23mm f2 but I'm not sure itll be THAT much better than the 18-55 at 18mm f2.8. A lot of reviews say the 35 f2 is the best everyday lens for street and portraiture for a sub £500 budget and that's what I'll mainly be shooting

I've not played yet myself but for marco you may well be better off with auto tubes and a Raynox DCR-250 - well until next year when they bring out a real macro, or Barry's Minolta in the classifieds.

On other next the 70-200 has sold on eBay (just waiting on money), so thats closer to the 100-400 :)

Last edited:
I'm certainly no Pixel peeper, photography is art after all and art is subjective.

Cool so I've narrowed down my next two lenses to be the -
35mm f2
55-200mm
18-55mm (which I own)

Think that'll give me a good variance and I'll add a macro at a later date. I did consider the 23mm f2 but I'm not sure itll be THAT much better than the 18-55 at 18mm f2.8. A lot of reviews say the 35 f2 is the best everyday lens for street and portraiture for a sub £500 budget and that's what I'll mainly be shooting
Good choice. I have the 23mm f1.4, and whilst it's a great lens I find I seldom use that focal length. The 35mm f2 gets quite a bit of use, as does the 14mm lens.

Very very nice Mags, love your pooch image! Which lens and f/stop was that shot with...?

:)

Regards;
Peter

Thanks Pete, 18-135 lens f5 1/160 58.9mm. I find the focusing very quick and responsive. I can see me using this camera a lot, the weight is a big plus too.

Just turned my xt2 on and the rear screen and these vertical lines have appeared?? not on the evf or image, just the rear screen.
im not doing anything daft am I,with regards to settings? before I return it?

Quayside is fine at night but is Gateshead rather than Newcastle. Inside the Sage has some great photo opportunities and if you go in the Baltic you can go up to the top for some great views all these are next to one another. There's also the Keep which gives you great views across the city and either the Tyne or high level bridges. There's also some great buildings in Newcastle centre. If you have transport and have time then about an hours drive away you have the Northumberland coast and Seahouses and Bamburgh.

Don't let the Geordies hear you say the Quayside is In Gateshead....they'll hoy ye in the Tyne:bat:

I agree all of these locations offer great photo ops, especially at night. The bridges look amazing and if it's a clear night great reflections in the Tyne. I've always loved the Georgian buildings on Grey Street. At the bottom of Dene Street you have the Side, very old steep narrow stairs.
Northumberland most definitely if you get the chance.

I'm a Geordie living in Lincs and miss my hometown.

One from the Fuji XF 35mm F1.4 took wide open not sharpened just a jpg out of the camera not really anything to brilliant of a photo though !
Only adding to show that in my opinion its fairly good wide open after seeing some claim its not :thinking:

One from the Fuji XF 35mm F1.4 took wide open not sharpened just a jpg out of the camera not really anything to brilliant of a photo though !
Only adding to show that in my opinion its fairly good wide open after seeing some claim its not :thinking:

I have both and both are sharp wide open. The 1.4 is noisier but also has better bokeh wide open.

I'm staying across from Central station, I've never been to Newcastle before so I have know idea where anything is ! I'll only have a few hours in the morning of Wednesday to have a look round so I doubt i'll get to do much. Thanks for the tips though.

Back