The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I like the xt1 for it controls but didn't like high ISO but I've learnt get over that now since I've a Sony. I just like the focus point stick on the xt2 the faster af and more tracking option. And the way Fuji updates firnware adding things whilst Sony don't

I did ask what ex xt1 users think of the upgrade.

Sorry guys I'll shut up for a while [emoji106]

For me:-

A real step up from X-T1, it's just much better:-

Much faster AF
Zone Mode really works, will track an F1 car
AF point movable with joystick
Images seem sharper
More Shadow and Highlight Recovery from Raw files
Better high ISO capability, I've had usable JPGs at 12,800 (as long as there is decent dynamic range in the scene)
ACROS film simulation, simply excellent at high ISO
Battery life with new S battery better (750 RAW+JPG before changing)
EVF blackout reduced, EVF very fast update

It's just a good all round thing, buy one!!!

:fuji:

But does it really matter what we think :rolleyes:...................................:exit:

For me:-

A real step up from X-T1, it's just much better:-

Much faster AF
Zone Mode really works, will track an F1 car
AF point movable with joystick
Images seem sharper
More Shadow and Highlight Recovery from Raw files
Better high ISO capability, I've had usable JPGs at 12,800 (as long as there is decent dynamic range in the scene)
ACROS film simulation, simply excellent at high ISO
Battery life with new S battery better (750 RAW+JPG before changing)
EVF blackout reduced, EVF very fast update

It's just a good all round thing, buy one!!!

:fuji:

But does it really matter what we think :rolleyes:...................................:exit:
+1 and it takes fantastic pictures when you put everything in auto [emoji6]

Look Rookies, if you haven't got the cash to spunk on an X-T2 then by all means get an X-T1, but knowing the way you (over) analyse camera purchases, you will never be happy in your heart of hearts unless you have an X-T2.

Please, please, just buy something...... every day you procrastinate is another day that you are not shooting with a Fuji
@rookies I agree with the bit I've highlighted, if you buy the XT1 you won't be happy as you'll know the XT2 is better and it will always bug you and you'll end up upgrading to the XT2. What you'll do when the XT3 comes out I don't know ;)

As I've said to you on numerous occasions you need to sit back and really really really think what it is you want from a camera system as you seem to swap from system to system and are never happy, and losing money whilst you do. Every camera you've had since I've known you has been one of the best available and there's a lot of people would give their right arm to own the cameras you have. So what is it you want? (that's a question you need to ask yourself, not that I need an answer to ;)) Once you've decided that you can get it and then relax, stop looking at other cameras and just enjoy taking pics. After all this is what photography is about (y)

TBH guys I want one just need the urge to do it lol. No stock at the moment where I be getting it from anyway

@rookies either buy a camera or don't, there is no issue if you cant currently afford it. Most of us have been there. Now Im not sure how long it takes to buy one, once you have the cash sorted and decided on the camera but FFS do it already. I cant cope with any more posts debating with what to get.
XT1 is great
XT2 is better

Neither or DSLR's but as close as your get at a lighter weight.
Rant over bad day and tired.

@rookies I agree with the bit I've highlighted, if you buy the XT1 you won't be happy as you'll know the XT2 is better and it will always bug you and you'll end up upgrading to the XT2. What you'll do when the XT3 comes out I don't know ;)

As I've said to you on numerous occasions you need to sit back and really really really think what it is you want from a camera system as you seem to swap from system to system and are never happy, and losing money whilst you do. Every camera you've had since I've known you has been one of the best available and there's a lot of people would give their right arm to own the cameras you have. So what is it you want? (that's a question you need to ask yourself, not that I need an answer to ;)) Once you've decided that you can get it and then relax, stop looking at other cameras and just enjoy taking pics. After all this is what photography is about (y)

I sometime wishes I done what you done kept the big stuff and got a xt1 for fun days. But the other half never like the idea of me having 2 system

TBH guys I want one just need the urge to do it lol. No stock at the moment where I be getting it from anyway

Ok I guess you have made your mind up then... FINALLY!
Get one on ordered and advertise your Sony gear on here/eBay...... worst case you just trade it in when the Fuji arrives... best case you lose a lot less if you sell it privately. :)

Last edited:
I sometime wishes I done what you done kept the big stuff and got a xt1 for fun days. But the other half never like the idea of me having 2 system
My wife questions why I need two systems too, but when I gave the logical explanation she was happy with that. She's still not come up with a logical explanation why she needs 100's of handbags though :LOL:

My wife questions why I need two systems too, but when I gave the logical explanation she was happy with that. She's still not come up with a logical explanation why she needs 100's of handbags though :LOL:
:clap: quality.

Does anyone use a leather half case for their X-T1 / X-T2? I have a Gariz one on my RX1R and it not only protects the base but offers a better grip to hold on to.

The X-T1/2 are larger cameras so just wondering how it would feel when using it.

I like the xt1 for it controls but didn't like high ISO but I've learnt get over that now since I've a Sony. I just like the focus point stick on the xt2 the faster af and more tracking option. And the way Fuji updates firnware adding things whilst Sony don't
That's not fair. Sony releases firmware updates more than Fuji does, almost every 6 months.

Credit to Fuji, their firmware updates are software based ;)

You're not swapping again, surely? :eek:

For the AF yes and also looking at some compare site the Fuji images is better.

Controls in better place too
Don't look at compare sites to compare IQ, their conclusions are based on spec only. The A7's have some of the best IQ out there, Fuji is just different. No camera system, not even Leica or Hasselblad, are going to suddenly make your pics amazingly better than they are now. Technique and light will.

only someone who doesnt have the XT2 would :pint::jaffa::police::dummy::p:D

meh, I will have, some time next year. More interested in lenses for now. I'm going to go all hipster and get me some retro classics to play with. It really won't matter which body you used with those.

She question me when I sold my D700 but kept the D3 and wondering why I sold one Nikon and planning to buy a Fuji. I told her I want quality, light weight and small for travel, going out and snapping her and the kids. The big boy stuff is use for other stuff like a few sports event paid job I do every year. At some point I will probably buy another small Nikon to backup my D3 and video use, but right now I've reserved a used Fuji XT1 graphite silver for viewing and testing tomorrow.

Now the questions to you all Fuji chaps, what do I need to look out for when testing a used XT1 apart from cosmetic etc?

Im pulling my hair out trying to decide on what lens i want. Stuck between the 56mm 1.2 and the 16-55mm F2.8
Both completely different lenses i know. I shoot weddings and would love to incorporate the fuji a bit more. I already have the 35mm F2.0
I dont suppose anyone has any comparison shots of the 56mm against the 16-55 at the 55mm end do they?
If i went for the 16-55mm i would probably sell the 35mm.

She question me when I sold my D700 but kept the D3 and wondering why I sold one Nikon and planning to buy a Fuji. I told her I want quality, light weight and small for travel, going out and snapping her and the kids. The big boy stuff is use for other stuff like a few sports event paid job I do every year. At some point I will probably buy another small Nikon to backup my D3 and video use, but right now I've reserved a used Fuji XT1 graphite silver for viewing and testing tomorrow.

Now the questions to you all Fuji chaps, what do I need to look out for when testing a used XT1 apart from cosmetic etc?

Not really any different to any other camera, just make sure to take a very small aperture shot to see the condition of the sensor. A long exposure if possible to check for hot pixels. Ideally get the card into a computer to check these images.
Other than that, make sure the side flaps seat correctly and don't bulge but that's really back to cosmetics.

Oh and then say to yourself "is it really worth paying extra for a graphite top that looks worse than the black?" :exit:

Oi then it's not the same ;) wooo woop . Oh I hate hipsters vegan tossers

My first point still stands. End results from either camera are going to be similar, nobody would know the difference, all that money you splurged for the latest trend was a bit wasted :p Oh dang, you ARE a hipster! :jawdrop::pompous::punch::banghead:

vegans aren't real people, and for every animal they don't eat, i tend to eat 3-4 anyway.

Last edited:
I know the end result can be got on many cameras as you guys says.. But sometime it good to have a camera that is easily controllable. The sony back wheel can be a bit of an arse the reason being i have to use my left eye for the EVF so the wheel is so close to my big nose ;) I have seen that the Fuji is in a better place well i think it is.

The 3 settings for the AF tracking is something I like to as I am use to these on the Canon and Nikon

I know the end result can be got on many cameras as you guys says.. But sometime it good to have a camera that is easily controllable. The sony back wheel can be a bit of an arse the reason being i have to use my left eye for the EVF so the wheel is so close to my big nose ;) I have seen that the Fuji is in a better place well i think it is.

The 3 settings for the AF tracking is something I like to as I am use to these on the Canon and Nikon

Well, my old D800E stomps most cameras in terms of ergonomics, on body controls and overall beastiness. But my images will oft end much the same coming from the Fuji, as I'll still do my 'style' of processing either way. Only pixel peepers will notice.

Last edited:
Dare I ask can we Back Button Focus on the XT2 as i seen some places it can't be done unless Fuji updated the firmware for that yet..

My first point still stands. End results from either camera are going to be similar, nobody would know the difference, all that money you splurged for the latest trend was a bit wasted[emoji14]Oh dang, you ARE a hipster! :jawdrop::pompous::punch::banghead:

vegans aren't real people, and for every animal they don't eat, i tend to eat 3-4 anyway.
Ah similar you say. But not the same :)

I use single point focus 99.999999% of the time so that doesn't really interest me. the things I do like on the 2 are the extra AF points with the wee joystick, generally faster AF, 4K video [though I'd probably use it twice, ever ... ] and of course the extra MP, though it's not as amazing as it sounds.

I use single point focus 99.999999% of the time so that doesn't really interest me. the things I do like on the 2 are the extra AF points with the wee joystick, generally faster AF, 4K video [though I'd probably use it twice, ever ... ] and of course the extra MP, though it's not as amazing as it sounds.
I use S as well.
Not tried the video yet but it does interest me I want to see myself in 4k!

4K video is somthing I forgotten about.. I saw some video clips and they appear good.. Does it AF for the Videoing like a camcorder?

Dare I ask can we Back Button Focus on the XT2 as i seen some places it can't be done unless Fuji updated the firmware for that yet..

Yes you can, although i have mine set up on the front of the camera. It seems easier to handle it there

Yes you can, although i have mine set up on the front of the camera. It seems easier to handle it there
Must of been a firmware update since it came out to enable this

Im pulling my hair out trying to decide on what lens i want. Stuck between the 56mm 1.2 and the 16-55mm F2.8
Both completely different lenses i know. I shoot weddings and would love to incorporate the fuji a bit more. I already have the 35mm F2.0
I dont suppose anyone has any comparison shots of the 56mm against the 16-55 at the 55mm end do they?
If i went for the 16-55mm i would probably sell the 35mm.

No comparison shots from me, but it basically comes down to whether you want the convenience of a workhorse zoom that has better AF, or something a bit special (that has acceptable, but not fantastic AF).

I guess it depends on what other kit you're using to shoot weddings, but if you're covered for focal lengths anyway I would go with the 56mm 1.2 all day long. I'm shooting all my weddings next year with the 23mm 1.4 and 56mm 1.2, with an 18-55 in the bag just incase something goes horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Back