The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I hope it goes smoothly as I have nearly £800 in cash back claims... :D
:fuji:

I had the same from Fuji when I bought my 90mm from Amazon. Ended up having to forward them the email confirming it had gone out for delivery.
As well as photos of the serial number from the lens and the box.

There's a lot of aggression on here at the moment. I don't see the need, not every post has to be on topic or directly helpful - it's a thread where Fuji lovers have a chat and a laugh. Would be terribly boring if every post was dedicated to discussing the camera itself.

I agree, I have issue with snide remarks and people trying to poke at others. Be straight up or stay quiet is my way. I've seen it here for weeks, the same people having their little digs for no reason, and it ruins the thread.

Things were going along quite nicely in between these remarks.

Very easy get back on topic

Not if you have been eating it for 33 years, i remember sitting back with old man fuji discussing film.... o dogress

and not too if one takes a picture of popcorn for this thread.

Sadly as a Canon user though a one-time Fuji wannabe, one might say I do not have a dog in this you-know-what :D

'fraid too, there is no popcorn in the house :(

I tend to agree it was a bit sleepy before the X-T2 release, well behind the D750 thread. Now it's really busy in here and we have shot back way in front. Suppose it's inevitable people grumble when the status quo is disturbed.

Now the A7 thread is only non-peaceful because people can't take negative feedback about their cameras :D

im off to a wedding tomorrow going to shoot with my 56mm wanted a zoom but that didnt happen so ill have to move around a little more to make it work. I may just have to stick the 18mm in my pocket as well, see how the Fuji stacks up and if all else fails all photos will be bw and 500px

I tend to agree it was a bit sleepy before the X-T2 release, well behind the D750 thread. Now it's really busy in here and we have shot back way in front. Suppose it's inevitable people grumble when the status quo is disturbed.

Now the A7 thread is only non-peaceful because people can't take negative feedback about their cameras :D

Whilst Fuji folk are very humble about their camera flaws, of which there are none! :D

im off to a wedding tomorrow going to shoot with my 56mm wanted a zoom but that didnt happen so ill have to move around a little more to make it work. I may just have to stick the 18mm in my pocket as well, see how the Fuji stacks up and if all else fails all photos will be bw and 500px

TBH unless you are being paid for the job and can't miss a shot then the 56mm will give you nicer photos anyway. Quality over quantity I say :)

Any x-pro 2 shooters wanting to part with the hand grip? I've put a wanted ad in the classifieds

Whilst Fuji folk are very humble about their camera flaws, of which there are none! :D

Troll

TBH unless you are being paid for the job and can't miss a shot then the 56mm will give you nicer photos anyway. Quality over quantity I say :)

yeah i only need to get one of them im not the tog they are using their brother for it, hes just bought a DSLR!

Troll

yeah i only need to get one of them im not the tog they are using their brother for it, hes just bought a DSLR!
Do we assume from this he's a newbie tog? :eek:

Hi folks,

Currys are offering the Fuji XT-2 for £1299 so £100 off using code "IMAGING100"
http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/view.php?sp=182015

Imagining, would be a more fitting code for me atm, skint playing santa :D

Great opportunity @Nuzik to get the prize shots. Normally I'd say just let the photographer worry about it, but they could end up very sorry allowing a beginner shoot their wedding! The 56 and 18 are perfect.

Last edited:
Unless part of the story is missing lol. He might bought a new camera but his a experience shooter, just watch him pull out the D5 now lol.
That's why I asked the question before making any comments (y)

There's an awful lot to be said for using just one or two primes. Wish I could be so self-disciplined.

Just got myself a X-T1 haveing moved from a nikon dslr, and need a bit of info regarding flash. At the mo, I have a nikon sb700, and want to know if I should keep it or change it for somethng else. I would like to use full ttl, but don't mind going manual if I have to. If keeping the sb700, what would be the best way to go, using it off camera?

Are you the same person? I don't care what the point of it is, it's off topic and boring, use pm or relevant threads. All I see mike or whatever his name is do is moan and harp on about his photo walks. And then comes here to sneer and moan and have a pop at others for being off topic. His last few posts have been little digs at others for no reason. He's now actually moaning about completely on topic stuff.

There is a point here though... You sometimes have to wade through 3 pages of "banter" to actually get anything from the thread. I don't get much time on here and having to go through so much to find the "good stuff" can be annoying...

Unless part of the story is missing lol. He might bought a new camera but his a experience shooter, just watch him pull out the D5 now lol.

The camera he uses makes no difference. Just the experience level. You have to pop your cherry some time though right?

Just got myself a X-T1 haveing moved from a nikon dslr, and need a bit of info regarding flash. At the mo, I have a nikon sb700, and want to know if I should keep it or change it for somethng else. I would like to use full ttl, but don't mind going manual if I have to. If keeping the sb700, what would be the best way to go, using it off camera?

As far as I am aware it may well work in manual only; I'm not that great with flash, so I want something TTL. There is a lot of stuff on the web if you do a search - or pop over to the Fuji X Forum they may be able to help.

I've not tried my SB700 on my XT1 but I bought the Meike MK320 instead as it's nice and small for travel, yet still has a decent GN value of 32. You don't get the same fancy off camera flash system like NIkon's CLS with Fuji though so you'll have to invest in triggers or cords etc.

I sold on 2 Sb900 units before leaving Nikon. So I never got to try them with the XT-1, but I would imagine you'll get full manual only. I still use my old Yongnuo 560 with the Fuji, and it works fine for me. Manual control flash isn't hard, it's more reliable and consistent. I just do a couple of test fires and usually know by them what settings to adjust on the fly.

I have three Yongnuo flashes for studio work. Not that I do any but they all work well off flash system. Personally I'd sell the Nikon as the features you won't benefit from like before and invest it in more equipment that you will.

Personally I'd sell the Nikon as the features you won't benefit from like before and invest it in more equipment that you will.
Yes thats what I was thinking. Are Yongnuo's the way to go then? Oh just thought, anyone want to buy a SB700 :LOL:

The camera he uses makes no difference. Just the experience level. You have to pop your cherry some time though right?

Suppose to be a joke but we can't assume his a newbie because they say his brother just bought a DSLR. That could also mean he is a experience shooter and just upgraded a new camera.

Most likely is a newbie anyway but I thought I point it out.

Suppose to be a joke but we can't assume his a newbie because they say his brother just bought a DSLR. That could also mean he is a experience shooter and just upgraded a new camera.

Most likely is a newbie anyway but I thought I point it out.

I was really just using your post for reference ;)

I have witnessed supposed 'Pro' photographers with D4's and fancy lenses balls up weddings [shooting groups close up with wide angles, making them look like coneheads! or not bothering to adjust exposure in post, like they rushed through it or didn't care etc ] . On the other hand I've seen some using older, cheaper gear like the D90 and Tamron lenses and produce wonderful images. Just saying gear isn't all, it helps, once you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
Back