The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a quicky from yesterday, I occaisionally get sent to the new forest for work, and despite running late, I had to pull over for this...

Morning light by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

I was out tonight on a 'message' as we used to say here, or as the Yanks call an 'errand' - And the fog was just falling. I passed a roadway that had a street lamp to one side, and between the light from that and the moonlight there was rays shining through the mist - I instantly thought of your image, only in a night time sense ... and kicked myself for not having my camera on me :( .... When an image stays in someone's head like that, you know you got a winner ;)

Last edited:
Here's a couple more from the same scene -

Morning light 2 by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

And here's the scene in nomansland -

Nomansland by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

It was using the in camera pano. I took a manual pano too but these are just processed on the ipad. I'll take a crack at stitching the pano and have a go at the other raws at some point, looks like lightroom mobile has pixelated them a bit (specifically the leaf). Might consider printing, I never print and having just moved, could do with some stuff on the walls. :)

It was using the in camera pano. I took a manual pano too but these are just processed on the ipad. I'll take a crack at stitching the pano and have a go at the other raws at some point, looks like lightroom mobile has pixelated them a bit (specifically the leaf). Might consider printing, I never print and having just moved, could do with some stuff on the walls. :)

I would happily print any of those. I might bump shadows in the third and contrast to make it 'pop' a little more, because I find when I do print, blacks tend to get darkened, and you can lose a little detail in the distance [like the building to the far mid] But I love these overall :)

Last edited:
His name is Kevin ;)

And to be fair my wife to be made the decision, I just happened to put his website on the list for her to have a look!
Well done to the mrs then. If we're both talking Kevin mullin he must have been hard to book. I'll look forward to seeing the images.

Hi,

I wonder how they will process my cash back claim for Digital Depot as I only have a invoice off them too! :(

I had the same problem when I got my XT1 from WEX. Fuji accepted the copy of the invoice in the end.

"Excellent set of images Jim, nuff said.(y)

George.

I just pull a trigger on the 18mm f2 to pair with my 35mm f2. Bought it off a forum member here. Hopefully will get it next week :)

Hey guys its been a long time since i posted a few photos here .

So I took a few when i went to Segovia in Spain and some of them are also from my local town.

I hope you guys like it.

BTW anyone bought the new Rico Pfirstinger book for the xt-2? I don´t know if to wait for january for the paperback book or to buy it now as ebook.

DSCF1025_24.jpg

DSCF1998_399.jpg

DSCF2009_409.jpg

DSCF2030_430.jpg

DSCF2161_560.jpg

DSCF2209_608.jpg

DSCF2215_614.jpg

DSCF2246_645.jpg

Last edited:

So I took a few when i went to Segovia in Spain and some of them are also from my local town.

I hope you guys like it.

BTW anyone bought the new Rico Pfirstinger book for the xt-2? I don´t know if to wait for january for the paperback book or to buy it now as ebook.

DSCF1025_24.jpg

DSCF1998_399.jpg

DSCF2009_409.jpg

DSCF2030_430.jpg

DSCF2161_560.jpg

DSCF2209_608.jpg

DSCF2215_614.jpg

DSCF2246_645.jpg

Nice series, and I like the processing too.

A quick snatch and grab of one of my granddaughters post chocolate cake eating. With minor tweaking taken with my XT2 and 18-55 "kit Lens"

Amelie%20Dec%202016_DxO_zpsv3oxqqbd.jpg

Finally got my hands on the X-T10!!

Loving it so far...

Is there an idiots guide to all the buttons, coming from Nikon, Fuji is completely different...

Thanks

Loving it so far...

Is there an idiots guide to all the buttons, coming from Nikon, Fuji is completely different...

Thanks

Loving it so far...

Thanks

Loving it so far...

Thanks

Loving it so far...

Thanks

Loving it so far...

Thanks

Whoops sorry

I think before we teach you about using Fuji you need lessons on how to use the forum properly first ;) :p

I came from Canon to x-t10. I just learned by playing for the most part. Send some time setting up the q menu, other than that it was just a case of remembering that aperture is on the front, timing on the top. ;)

Nice series, and I like the processing too.

Thank you mate!

I came from Canon to x-t10. I just learned by playing for the most part. Send some time setting up the q menu, other than that it was just a case of remembering that aperture is on the front, timing on the top. ;)

Theres Rico Pfirstinger books. That's what I am trying to get for my xt-2

Well I've gone and done it - swapped my Nikon D610 kit for the XT-2 and 18-55! Sat here pressing various buttons, reading the manual and thinking crikey - what have I done! Hopefully all will slot into place soon - but for now I'm certainly struggling. The Nikon did seem a lot easier to navigate, but perhaps that because I've had Nikon's for years and it could be the 'old dogs new tricks syndrome'.
So no doubt I may becoming on here for some guidance in the very near future.......the camera feels superb though.

My tips is set everything auto except aperture. If in good light i use manual iso otherwise is on auto. Fuji auto iso is pretty good. Q menu on film simulation is where the fun is for me. The thing with fuji camera is i can focus on shooting rather then clicking and turning buttons. Also fuji don't have crap lens, so i don't need to worry too much about sharpness.

I know, my phone is playing up, sorry [emoji52][emoji38]
I was only pulling your leg ;)

My advice is the same as any camera. Go through all the menus, see what everything does, see what you want to use and what you don't and then add main use functions to either the Fn buttons or q menu.

Looking for some advice guys. My new 10-24mm appears to have some marks on the aperture ring that will not clean or rub off and are clearly darker than the rest of the surrounding metal (almost as if an oil or lubricant has been spilled on it?).

I've attached a couple of pics trying to best show what I'm talking about. The lens performs really well but can't stop thinking I should take it back to the retailer. Have any of you seen this before? What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ian
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/585302a446f16/20161215_200033.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/585302b460122/20161215_195945.png?
Took it back into Jessops today and was back out with a new lens within ten minutes despite the marks being barely visible under the shop lighting. No fuss, no arguments and no paperwork (though I have a feeling they may just restock it).

I have to say, on service alone, Jessops Glasgow will get my money over Calumet every single time now.

I hope you guys like it.

DSCF1025_24.jpg

DSCF1998_399.jpg

DSCF2009_409.jpg

DSCF2030_430.jpg

DSCF2161_560.jpg

DSCF2209_608.jpg

DSCF2215_614.jpg

DSCF2246_645.jpg

Lovely set of images Diogo, liking these shots very much.(y)

George.

Well I've gone and done it - swapped my Nikon D610 kit for the XT-2 and 18-55! Sat here pressing various buttons, reading the manual and thinking crikey - what have I done! Hopefully all will slot into place soon - but for now I'm certainly struggling. The Nikon did seem a lot easier to navigate, but perhaps that because I've had Nikon's for years and it could be the 'old dogs new tricks syndrome'.
So no doubt I may becoming on here for some guidance in the very near future.......the camera feels superb though.

That's a "RESULT", congrat's you'll love it when you get used to it.(y)

George.

Last edited:

Great set. That first shot is bloody awesome though.

I seem to have just won an Xpro 1!!! :D On Damien Brown's youtube channel
Very nice, enjoy. Now why don't I know about such competitions :banghead: :LOL:

Very nice, enjoy. Now why don't I know about such competitions :banghead: :LOL:

When I started looking back into Fuji his was one of the first channels I came across and subbed to. So I get notifications whenever he uploads a new one. I have entered probably hundreds of competitions online, and usually just enter and forget about it. Nice surprise just before Christmas :)

Very well done. Glad someone on here did if it wasn't me lol.

Apparently the results from it are pretty charming. Hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks :) I have heard some prefer it to the XT-1 as they say it produces a more film like image? Looking forward to trying it out

Back