The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Chinatown in London today.

Trying to get the hang of the Fuji XT2.

I really really must stop zooming in to 100% and comparing the output with my old D750!

Chinatown by Terence Rees, on Flickr

This is a great capture on its own, no need to zoom in. Love the colours!

Not got the correct version of Lightroom to use with the XT2 RAW's so at the moment just using Adobe camera RAW to process.

It may be easier if I just went for it and subscribed to the Adobe photographer's package.

Quite impressed with the amount of detail you can pull out of almost dark shots with the XT2.

Any tips on processing as they look noisy compared to my old D750?

Or am I expecting too much from a crop sensor mirrorless camera?

Thanks, just bought one from WEX with what supposed to be like new condition for £379.

I'll compare it to my X-Pro 1 when it arrives. It will be interesting comparing the sensors difference too.

I'd be very interested in that, I've been considering a XPro1 as a secondary weather proofed camera to accompany my xt10.

I'd be very interested in that, I've been considering a XPro1 as a secondary weather proofed camera to accompany my xt10.

I don't think selling the X-pro 1 is on the cards, I adore it and it's not really worth selling for what they go for these days.

Thanks, just bought one from WEX with what supposed to be like new condition for £379.

I'll compare it to my X-Pro 1 when it arrives. It will be interesting comparing the sensors difference too.
Look forward to your comparison,i always preferred the bayer sensor in the original X100

I gave up trying to find differences in image quality between mine (in RAW). But, the AF on the X-T1 is miles ahead, obviously. If you shoot JPG you will notice a thing or two ;)

Pretty happy with my first proper go at motorsport yesterday, XT-2 + 100-400mm

Got 1200+ shots and first glance indicates at least 90% are useable, in focus and sharp, the one's that aren't are down to user error. Had a little play with various shutter speeds, very much still learning !!!

Very impressed with the 100-400, I left the 50-140 at home and thought I might regret it but not at all.

Vitz1 by ImageMaker, on Flickr

Just uploaded a handful to this album

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124821128@N04/albums/72157682159231695/with/33656621082/

Last edited:
Broke my new 1DX MKII which was a replacement for my last one that turned into a brick on Saturday at my first round of British Superbikes this year so the X-T2 saved my bacon.

It really is quite good for motorsport but my fingers still have muscle memory for the Canon buttons!!!

i-cWH9NQk-X2.jpg

i-BRzz3KV-X2.jpg

i-r2BNPm3-X2.jpg

Last edited:
wOw Glen, superb set of bike images, love them all, but the bottom one is excellent with rear wheel lift action and those yellow colours are simply magnificent..!! Their pretty Tac Sharp captures!! Superb

I'm a very keen biker myself, still doing it after 36+ yrs or so....... Suzuki V-Strom DL1000GT.

Did you use the XF50-140mm for these captures..?

Regards;
Peter

Last edited:
wOw Glen, superb set of bike images, love them all, but the bottom one is excellent with rear wheel lift action and those yellow colours are simply magnificent..!! Their pretty Tac Sharp captures!! Superb

I'm a very keen biker myself, still doing it after 36+ yrs or so....... Suzuki V-Strom DL1000GT.

Did you use the XF50-140mm for these captures..?

Regards;
Peter

Cheers my friend :)

100-400 for all the bike shots but the 50-140 for the portrait of Hopper!

I paid £300.00 for one @ LCE in Reading, but it was part of a larger deal I did. Basically I grabbed my old 7D Mk1 back off of my lad, felt guilty, so got him the X-T1 and gave him my 17-55 to go with it. It was up for £399.00, and it is immaculate, boxed and with all the bits...

Broke my new 1DX MKII which was a replacement for my last one that turned into a brick on Saturday at my first round of British Superbikes this year so the X-T2 saved my bacon.

It really is quite good for motorsport but my fingers still have muscle memory for the Canon buttons!!!

i-cWH9NQk-X2.jpg

i-BRzz3KV-X2.jpg

i-r2BNPm3-X2.jpg
Wow :eek: simply stunning!!! :D

Cheers my friend :)

100-400 for all the bike shots but the 50-140 for the portrait of Hopper!
With the XF100-400mm attached do you try shoot it wide open with iso settings of around 800 etc....? Would appreciate any info...... thank you.

Pete

With the XF100-400mm attached do you try shoot it wide open with iso settings of around 800 etc....? Would appreciate any info...... thank you.

Pete

I still shoot with the Fuji the same as i do with the Canons to be honest,have a limit set for ISO of 6400 and a minimum shutter speed of 1/125 for the 400 but shoot in what effectively is TV mode so shutter speed priority and let the camera do the rest other than dial in manual exposure compensation depending on light position.

i-cWH9NQk-X2.jpg

i-BRzz3KV-X2.jpg

i-r2BNPm3-X2.jpg

Just stunning [emoji7]

Back