The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Any thoughts on the weight of the upcoming 80mm macro?
Will it be lighter than the 90?

Any thoughts on the weight of the upcoming 80mm macro?
Will it be lighter than the 90?

Since it's bigger than the 90mm, then I would expect it to be at least as heavy.see picture below:-
xf80mm.jpg

from http://rumors.camera/2016/09/21/xf-50mm-f2-r-wr-xf-80mm-f2-8-r-lm-ois-wr-macro-spotted-photokina/

Can't remember who it was on here that recommended a Cordweaver strap for the XT series but I bought one and it's great !

£7.50 delivered so a real bargain too !

Thanks

Wonderful images:)

Wonderful subjects ,colour and composition,lovely

A "Stunning" set of images Sir, nothing more I can say.

George.

Beautiful portraits. And two fingers up to those who say you can't get decent bokeh from crop.

That is a magical set of images.

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your kind comments. As a system, I'm really impressed with Fuji X. One day I will own an X-T2 or X-T20 and suspect that the only slight niggles I have will be resolved (general responsiveness, high ISO detail, resolution, ease of changing focus point). That said, I could quite happily shoot with the X-T1 forever more if necessary :)

I'm interested to know of what people make of this?

I've not been that impressed by the focus speed of the 16-55mm lens, and it doesn't seem that fast in the real world. I'm wondering if others have had similar experiences? In my experience its doesn't live up to the speed claimed in most of the reviews I have read, at least not with this lens. There is often quite a lot of hunting and in low light focus hunting is much worse :-(

Last edited:
I'm interested to know of what people make of this?

I've not been that impressed by the focus speed of the 16-55mm lens, and it doesn't seem that fast in the real world. I'm wondering if others have had similar experiences? In my experience its doesn't live up to the speed claimed in most of the reviews I have read, at least not with this lens. There is often quite a lot of hunting and in low light focus hunting is much worse :-(

Don't have mine now bit it was fast and sharp. This was taken in a dimly lit room with just a table lamp.IMG_2214.JPG

A few from a walk this morning. I went to see if the cygnets had hatched, they haven't yet. It was dull and cold, within 10 minutes of getting back home the sun came out!

Also beautiful images here. You have them set to private on Flickr, but I'm guessing the 100-400?

Good to meet up with @mickledore and @robsea yesterday in Manchester. There wasn't many keepers from me so here's the best ones.

[CODEAngels watch over you by -Andrew Duxbury Photography-][/CODE]

[CODEIndexation by -Andrew Duxbury Photography-][/CODE]

[CODEAt work by -Andrew Duxbury Photography-][/CODE]

[CODELooking Up by -Andrew Duxbury Photography-][/CODE]

Great set. Missed the guy in the first one at first glance, what a capture! Number two stands out for me, as does three, which almost acts like a street shot with the guy with the rucksack taking a look over his shoulder.

Reactions: ASH
Great set. Missed the guy in the first one at first glance, what a capture! Number two stands out for me, as does three, which almost acts like a street shot with the guy with the rucksack taking a look over his shoulder.

Great set but no 1 is an absolute belter!

I'd be proud of that one!

I like them all, but the first one is my favourite. Great shot!

An excellent set all round.

Many thanks for your comments yes the first one is my favourite I did take another one before but a certain photographer on here was in it!!!!

Just a simple Macro/Close Up shot taken of a Needle & Cotton. Lighting was provided by three studio heads each with a largish soft box fitted and against a black paper background.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash.
Needle And Cotton (2)-02834 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Back