The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just want to ask about MS and ES shutter speed. If I'm not shooting fast or moving subject. i.e Portrait. I won't have problem using ES 1/8000 or faster shooting outdoor right?

Just want to ask about MS and ES shutter speed. If I'm not shooting fast or moving subject. i.e Portrait. I won't have problem using ES 1/8000 or faster shooting outdoor right?
The rule of thumb with Fuji's electronic shutter is to treat it, as far as movement goes, as if you're shooting at around 1/125 second.

Ok I'm excited, got latest version of Lightroom updated (thanks for all the replies + help). Here's a new pic taken with my newly acquired X-T2 and XF10-24mm at lunchtime today, don't ya love a bit of 'Classic Chrome' on a bright/sunny day...?

Building bling;

Building bling by APM Photography, on Flickr

@ f/9 - 10mm end

How are you finding the T2 in comparison to the T1? You have pretty much the bundle I would love. The T2, the 10-20 and the 100-400 - along with my 35mm and I'd also love the 90mm

How are you finding the T2 in comparison to the T1? You have pretty much the bundle I would love. The T2, the 10-20 and the 100-400 - along with my 35mm and I'd also love the 90mm
Hi Keith, I've literally only shot about two dozen images with the (newly purchased) XT2, but I've found it to be MUCH faster, and the MORE focus points are simply excellent....!! I've the Fuji booster battery grip so having three batteries in-camera is brilliant regards power wise.

So far so good. A very happy man.

p.s. my XT1 may be up for sale to make way for more Fooji glass or another XT2 body (?)

:)

Last edited:
X-E2S has the full auto mode too

I'm now looking into maybe an X-E2 (not the "s") with the 27mm. Anyone use this combo ? I should maybe post this question in the X-E2 owners thread although I know there seems to be a fair bit of crossover....

I'm now looking into maybe an X-E2 (not the "s") with the 27mm. Anyone use this combo ? I should maybe post this question in the X-E2 owners thread although I know there seems to be a fair bit of crossover....

I have used this combo, love the X-E2, use it all the time, the 27mm not so much.

Any particular reason ?

What about the 18mm f2 ?

Find the zoom that covers those focal lengths is at least equally good with the benefit of ois.

27mm has no aperture ring, a feature many like and the 18mm is a bit wide for general use.

My walkabout gear is kit zoom and 14mm, rarely want or need anything else

I owned a XF27 many months ago and as brilliant and compact as it is I personally couldn't get on with its focal length. But the XF18 is a different matter, it's a lens I love.

I had it for a while on an x-E1 and thought it was great as it enabled me to have something that I could take everywhere. It ends up being roughly the size of an x100. I liked the focal length. Great for street photography or when just out with friends. It's between arguably the two most used primes 35mm and 50mm equivalent, which can often be used for the same sort of photography. For some I can see why it would feel like no mans land but for me it was kind of like a good compromise for general shooting

I had it for a while on an x-E1 and thought it was great as it enabled me to have something that I could take everywhere. It ends up being roughly the size of an x100. I liked the focal length. Great for street photography or when just out with friends. It's between arguably the two most used primes 35mm and 50mm equivalent, which can often be used for the same sort of photography. For some I can see why it would feel like no mans land but for me it was kind of like a good compromise for general shooting

I think I might give it a try as I'm initially after a combo as slim as possible. So it's either an X-E2, XT-10 or I go fixed with an X100s :)

I had the 27mm, great little street lens but the focal length just left me wanting. It's neither wide or long enough, it's just shy on each end. I'm much happier with the 35mm 1.4, which is neat and light enough for similar purposes but also better for portraits and artsy fartsy shots :D

I considered the 18mm too, but I have read some iffy reviews on it. Another lens I would like to try is the Samyang 12mm, which seems to get nothing but praise, and I don't mind MF. 3/4 of my current lenses are MF. 58mm, 135mm and 200mm. The 35 1.4 is my only AF lens right now, not sure 'exactly' what I would like besides.

Last edited:
I've mainly all XF focal lengths covered, but still fancy either a fixed length or another zoom, not sure what my needs are.

My current setup;
10-24 -- 18-55 -- 56 -- 55-200 -- 100-400

Do I really need the likes of a 16 or 14 prime, or a 50-140?

Hmmm strokes chin...

I had the 27mm, great little street lens but the focal length just left me wanting. It's neither wide or long enough, it's just shy on each end. I'm much happier with the 35mm 1.4, which is neat and light enough for similar purposes but also better for portraits and artsy fartsy shots :D

I considered the 18mm too, but I have read some iffy reviews on it. Another lens I would like to try is the Samyang 12mm, which seems to get nothing but praise, and I don't mind MF. 3/4 of my current lenses are MF. 58mm, 135mm and 200mm. The 35 1.4 is my only AF lens right now, not sure 'exactly' what I would like besides.

I definitely think you go through phases with differing focal lengths. 35mm might take your fancy for a few months then you may try a 50mm and prefer that for a while then onto 85mm and so on etc and then back to 35mm.

Being an ex-wedding shooter coming from Nikon I simply want a simple set-up with a decent body and a single lens (for now) for general purpose and a few family portraits but there's still a fair bit of choice....:confused:

I definitely think you go through phases with differing focal lengths. 35mm might take your fancy for a few months then you may try a 50mm and prefer that for a while then onto 85mm and so on etc and then back to 35mm.

Being an ex-wedding shooter coming from Nikon I simply want a simple set-up with a decent body and a single lens (for now) for general purpose and a few family portraits but there's still a fair bit of choice....:confused:

I shot Nikon too, for many years. Full frame for the last 5. I always liked having a 50mm and an 85, so it makes sense that the 35mm suits me on the Fuji. I know I'd love the 56mm but that's out of reach for me right now, I do have a 58mm MF F2 lens though that's pretty sweet.

I've mainly all XF focal lengths covered, but still fancy either a fixed length or another zoom, not sure what my needs are.

My current setup;
10-24 -- 18-55 -- 56 -- 55-200 -- 100-400

Do I really need the likes of a 16 or 14 prime, or a 50-140?

Hmmm strokes chin...

When has it ever been about need?

35mm and 56mm is kind of must have in my opinion :) If I only allow one lens, I will take the 35mm anyday.

Same here. A 35 for APSC or 50 for FF are a must have I think. You can live with just that easily, everything besides is just a bonus - unless of course you are a pro sports or wildlife photographer. But you could actually do a wedding with just a 35mm, or a gig/event/portrait session.

I still want something longer, and wider though. Want, not so much need. I like the sounds of the Samyang 12mm

Years ago I use to have and love the Fuji XF1, but sadly had to get a refund as got the Lens Error on it, so went all canon. My mate is going to let me try his Fuji X-T20 for a day, he said he knew I missed my XF1 so much and thought I might like to try it out, if it is anything like my old XF1 then I might end up getting one too. Has any member tried the X-T20 yet ?

Years ago I use to have and love the Fuji XF1, but sadly had to get a refund as got the Lens Error on it, so went all canon. My mate is going to let me try his Fuji X-T20 for a day, he said he knew I missed my XF1 so much and thought I might like to try it out, if it is anything like my old XF1 then I might end up getting one too. Has any member tried the X-T20 yet ?

I've got it and love it

Had it, too small for me but IQ is excellent.

While I'm not a fan of "color popping" (sic!), I've taken a couple of shots with my X-T2 which I'd like to see "popped". I thought I could do it in camera but can't find the option. IS it possible (entirely possible that it's NOT possible!) and if so, where is it buried in the menu system?

While I'm not a fan of "color popping" (sic!), I've taken a couple of shots with my X-T2 which I'd like to see "popped". I thought I could do it in camera but can't find the option. IS it possible (entirely possible that it's NOT possible!) and if so, where is it buried in the menu system?
@Nod yes it is possible but only at the shooting stage.
On the top LH dial select ADV. Navigate to the Shooting Setting in the menu - third one down with the camera symbol. Select Drive Setting . Advanced Filter Setting and then you get a series of choices some of which are called partial colour. The chosen colour is retained all the rest are mono. Not sure how it works with shades of colours - try it and see.

Reactions: Nod

Do you mean selective colouring? As above in that case. Color popping to me is high contrast colours, that seem to jump at you

Frank, THANK YOU!!! Result below. Still not convinced about it but it might have occasional uses. Oh, and I would have RTFM if I could find it! (Have just spotted it neatly tidied away under this monitor!!!) I did go through the options in the menus but it didn't occur to me that a special effect type option would come under Drive Options. You're I'm never too old to learn summat new!

Yes, Keith. As below.

The neighbour's Laburnum, selectively colo(u)red!

View attachment 102461

(Very quick resize in camera to 640 size. Will have a look at it in PSE and see if it works.)

Frank, THANK YOU!!! Result below. Still not convinced about it but it might have occasional uses. Oh, and I would have RTFM if I could find it! (Have just spotted it neatly tidied away under this monitor!!!) I did go through the options in the menus but it didn't occur to me that a special effect type option would come under Drive Options. You're I'm never too old to learn summat new!

Yes, Keith. As below.

The neighbour's Laburnum, selectively colo(u)red!

View attachment 102461

(Very quick resize in camera to 640 size. Will have a look at it in PSE and see if it works.)

I always use English spelling even on these sites that try to American-ise us ;)

Back