The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Seeing as we're sharing wedding pics :D

Here's a few from a coupla weeks back (lovely couple BTW, it was great fun).

First 3 were with the X-T20 (90mm / ISO 5000, 18-55mm / ISO 800, 90mm / ISO 6400), last one with the X-T10 (35/1.4 / ISO 2000):

DT205804.jpg

DT206085.jpg

DT206392.jpg

DSCF6466.jpg

Two recent weddings delivered, my first 'Full Fujis', got another two back to back next week. Both were all 23mm 1.4 and 90mm f2, but going to add the 56mm 1.2 for the next two to see how that goes as well.

Rachael and Mark by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Rikki & Keith by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Lovely pictures :) I find the 56/1.2 incredibly useful for head and shoulders group shots...which is odd as I barely use the lens normally! Well done for shooting with just two primes, I ended up with an X-T20 and X-T10 paired with 90/2, 56/1.2, 18-55/2.8-4, 35/1.4 and 12/2 :eek: Used them all though :D

Is there any way of converting xt1 RAF files to xt2 raf files so I can get acros (does it have acros) via the Fuji raw converter ex 2?

Nice work! Brave stuff, only using 2 primes but you clearly know what you're doing. :)

I've never given that any thought really, shot my first wedding a couple years ago with a D600, 35mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8 so it's just what I'm used to. These were weddings #16 and 17 I think, I guess it helps that day to day I've always just used primes so that's how I see things. I do keep a 35mm 1.4 and 12mm f2 in the bag as backup/emergency lenses.

Still pretty new to it all though and finding my way a bit, so I don't pretend to be a great wedding photographer, the main thing is clients seem to love them.

A few more from each wedding:

http://www.chrisharrisonphotography.com/blog/2017/8/20/rachael-mark-westbury

http://www.chrisharrisonphotography.com/blog/2017/8/20/rikki-keith-somerset

A couple of shots taken at 'Porsche in the Glen' today. It was a Porsche gathering, as the name suggests, however my mate knew the organiser and chanced inclusion with his lovely Austin Seven.

Here's a couple from today.

911 Targa
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Ruby
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Cheers

Ian

Fab. The Ruby could be a brochure picture.

Fab. The Ruby could be a brochure picture.
Thanks, Trevor. The car really does get an unbelievable amount of attention wherever it goes.

It's been so reliable it's not once had to be crank started in the 20 years it's been owned by my mate's family. In a field of Porsche, it's telling that my wife would choose this car over all of them. It's a charming little car alright.

Any X-T1 users here got experience of the Olympus E-M1 and/or Sony A7. Trying to decide between the three and any input on the real-world use of them would be very much appreciated.

Any X-T1 users here got experience of the Olympus E-M1 and/or Sony A7. Trying to decide between the three and any input on the real-world use of them would be very much appreciated.
I moved from the E-M1 to the Fuji. The Olympus was technically excellent but frustrating ergonomically.

I moved from the E-M1 to the Fuji. The Olympus was technically excellent but frustrating ergonomically.

Do you see much of a real-world difference in image quality between the two? Also, was it difficult to adjust to X-T1 autofocus after the E-M1 (i.e. is the difference as pronounced as 'the internet' would have us believe)?

Do you see much of a real-world difference in image quality between the two? Also, was it difficult to adjust to X-T1 autofocus after the E-M1 (i.e. is the difference as pronounced as 'the internet' would have us believe)?
I didn't notice any difference whatsoever in autofocus. But then, I don't usually photograph things that move. At the time of using the E-M1 (I had one of the first ones in the country) there was a lot of fuss from users that they were useless for bird in flight photos. Check the early postings in the UK Olympus E-System User Group, for which I was moderator. Changing systems was easy - I come from 40 years of using film cameras before I went digital in around 1998, and indeed still use analogue occasionally. It's nice to look down and see what the camera is set to, instead of having to go through a series of menus, and try to remember what function you've set to each button. Image quality, well, to my eyes the Fuji is more "organic", with nicer (to me) colours when processed from raw files. And before you ask, I have never seen the dreaded worm problem! Not to say it doesn't/didn't exist, but I've never seen it. Looking back on my library of shots, my "good" Olympus ones are as good as the Fuji ones, but I find it easier to get what I consider decent pleasing shots with the Fuji. They are easily comparable with the best photos I got from my so-called full-frame Canon 5D.

Cute! Whereabouts was this?
Crosby beach Merseyside, it was absolutely knackered and I ended up phoning rspca and staying near it for over an hour, to stop dogs on the beach getting near it. When the rspca came they advised they had been yesterday and didn't really want to take it in case it's mother was around. When the tide did come in it just kept coming back onto dry land. RSPCA came with a cage and then it decided to do a runner into the water!!

I have owned an A7 and A7r and I couldn't get along with them at all. High ISO was about 0.5-1 stops better, but the rest of the cameras were blurgh (to me). Shutter sound was hideous, button layout frustrating, AF not great, massive shutter shock issues with the a7r. I just couldn't connect with either and returned to my 6D. Tried the Fuji system and I was hooked. The cameras are lovely to use.

I found the E-M1 menu system very interesting for a short time then returned the camera. Get enough hassle in work with trying to work through menus/systems don`t want it at home as well. Thats just me though- lazy git:)

Last edited:
Crosby beach Merseyside, it was absolutely knackered and I ended up phoning rspca and staying near it for over an hour, to stop dogs on the beach getting near it. When the rspca came they advised they had been yesterday and didn't really want to take it in case it's mother was around. When the tide did come in it just kept coming back onto dry land. RSPCA came with a cage and then it decided to do a runner into the water!!
That's animals for you - I would have done the same and you should be commended on your care and concern despite the comic ending.

I thought today would be a great day to go out and attempt some macro, what I didn't realise was is was pretty windy... actually, very windy. Trying to keep something in the frame, never-mind in focus was a complete nightmare, pretty frustrating to be honest! Most of these were shot on the 55-220 with both 11 & 16 tubes and a Raynox 250 @ around 125th ~ f/11 - f/16 with some fill flash. Definitely a learning curve.

DSCF0489 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0468 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0461 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0460 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0451 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0429 by SealBeard, on Flickr

I thought today would be a great day to go out and attempt some macro, what I didn't realise was is was pretty windy... actually, very windy. Trying to keep something in the frame, never-mind in focus was a complete nightmare, pretty frustrating to be honest! Most of these were shot on the 55-220 with both 11 & 16 tubes and a Raynox 250 @ around 125th ~ f/11 - f/16 with some fill flash. Definitely a learning curve.

Some really nice macro shots despite the wind, particularly liking the fly ones but all good.

You did a better job than me today, I used the Raynox 150 and deleted them. All good shots, but the fly is the better as you got some good detail :)

Back