The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Some really nice macro shots despite the wind, particularly liking the fly ones but all good.

You did a better job than me today, I used the Raynox 150 and deleted them. All good shots, but the fly is the better as you got some good detail :)

Thanks both, would have been nice to get a bit more dof for some extra detail but it was a tricky day :) was still fun :)

I thought today would be a great day to go out and attempt some macro, what I didn't realise was is was pretty windy... actually, very windy. Trying to keep something in the frame, never-mind in focus was a complete nightmare, pretty frustrating to be honest! Most of these were shot on the 55-220 with both 11 & 16 tubes and a Raynox 250 @ around 125th ~ f/11 - f/16 with some fill flash. Definitely a learning curve.

DSCF0489 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0468 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0461 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0460 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0451 by SealBeard, on Flickr

DSCF0429 by SealBeard, on Flickr

Some lovely macro on display. 1, 4 and 5 are my favourites.

Well, had a go at fill flash and totally fluffed it - still when all goes wrong thats no excuse to not do something a bit special with it :)

Anna in green
by John Norton, on Flickr

Even if you think you fluffed it, I think it is a cracking shot with nice lighting so well done, a lovely smile too :)

The graveyard of a local disused chapel. The ground level of the graveyard is about 6 feet above the road I took it from, so I had to use the articulating screen of the X-T2 to compose it as I peered up over the wall. Classic Chrome from raw in LR, tweaked a bit. Full frame, uncropped. X-T2, 35mm f2 at f2.

Old Graveyard by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Having bought my XT-10 kit about a year ago, I am loving the Fuji system. Went on holiday a few weeks ago and took the Fuji kit in a padded insert which I put inside another shoulder bag. This worked ok in terms of protection, but found it difficult to get stuff in and out, especially whilst walking. Ended up having to stop, take the bag off, put it down and then I could get access properly - sort of defeats the purpose. Also, I don't thing the bag distributes the weight very well so my back would ache quite quickly.

Having used Billingham for my DSLR kit, I'm thinking of the Hadley Small for the Fuji kit. I would typically have with me:
Fuji XT-10
18-55mm zoom
55-200mm zoom
Lens hoods
Cleaning stuff, batteries etc.
Might get a prime at some point too.

What bags are people using these days for this kind of kit?? I'm wary of getting a bigger bag as I'd tempted to shove more into it.
Cheers

Having bought my XT-10 kit about a year ago, I am loving the Fuji system. Went on holiday a few weeks ago and took the Fuji kit in a padded insert which I put inside another shoulder bag. This worked ok in terms of protection, but found it difficult to get stuff in and out, especially whilst walking. Ended up having to stop, take the bag off, put it down and then I could get access properly - sort of defeats the purpose. Also, I don't thing the bag distributes the weight very well so my back would ache quite quickly.

Having used Billingham for my DSLR kit, I'm thinking of the Hadley Small for the Fuji kit. I would typically have with me:
Fuji XT-10
18-55mm zoom
55-200mm zoom
Lens hoods

What bags are people using these days for this kind of kit?? I'm wary of getting a bigger bag as I'd tempted to shove more into it.
Cheers

I use a Hadley Pro, its a little larger than the Small, but I often use the extra space for bottle of water, hat, gloves, specs case, etc. It also has a carry handle meaning it can be carried easily in the hand as well as over shoulder.

Fuji XT-10
18-55mm zoom
55-200mm zoom
Lens hoods

Cheers
I use a Think Tank Retrospective 10 to hold roughly the same amount of gear. Works well.

Fuji XT-10
18-55mm zoom
55-200mm zoom
Lens hoods

Cheers

I've had this issue when walking - such a PITA to get the camera out when you come across a good view. I tend to use just a belt pouch these days with just one camera and one lens. I don't think a heavy bag on one shoulder does your spine much good either.

I've had this issue when walking - such a PITA to get the camera out when you come across a good view. I tend to use just a belt pouch these days with just one camera and one lens. I don't think a heavy bag on one shoulder does your spine much good either.

I find wearing the bag in a crossover style much better than just off one shoulder

Fuji XT-10
18-55mm zoom
55-200mm zoom
Lens hoods

Cheers
Wise choice. As you say, the amount of stuff you carry expands to fill the space you have.

I find wearing the bag in a crossover style much better than just off one shoulder

That's normally how I wear it as well. With the bag that I put the insert in, the weight just seemed to pull down all the time. Often ended up just carrying the bag with my had via the strap to give me some back relief. That's my fear of getting the Pro - might end up with the same issue. I quite like the fact that the Hadley range doesn't have any velcro either. Might have to get down to a shop and try a couple out.

That's normally how I wear it as well. With the bag that I put the insert in, the weight just seemed to pull down all the time. Often ended up just carrying the bag with my had via the strap to give me some back relief. That's my fear of getting the Pro - might end up with the same issue. I quite like the fact that the Hadley range doesn't have any velcro either. Might have to get down to a shop and try a couple out.

I often carry the X-T2, 14, 23 and 90 without any issues, probably slightly heavier than your total equipment. I do recommend the Billingham shoulder strap pad (optional extra), its not cheap but nothing from Billingham is!! but it is well worth it, as it distributes the load over a larger area.

Billingham bags are very well made, and really are a bag for life, I know of someone who found that after 30 years of ownership some of the stitching frayed and came loose, Billingham took the bag back and fixed it free of charge. It will certainly outlast your X-T10 and probably all of us as well!!!

So after walking about with my xt2 daily for the last few weeks in China I've fallen out of love with it a little bit. More than happy with the images but I found it far too easy to hit buttons on it while holding it. The main issue being moving the focus stick around while walking and ending up with the focus point in one corner or another when looking through the viewfinder necessitating re-adjustment. I don't wear a strap and don't want to , I just always walk around with it in my hand.

Other things being the pressing of the evf button on the side accidentally while adjusting one dial so it wouldn't turn on when trying to look through it and turning the diopter wheel while changing the left dial around.

Obviously just my big hands and fingers I guess. But I just started to find it really annoying. I want to stick with mirrorless so not sure whether to stick it out with the fuji or try something else.

There is one thing that is for certain whichever bag you finally opt for....the next guy's bag is always better. His bag is always smaller/bigger (depending on what you want), better designed, better made, uses better fabric and has more/fewer pockets than yours. And that's before you look at the maker's label.

So after walking about with my xt2 daily for the last few weeks in China I've fallen out of love with it a little bit. More than happy with the images but I found it far too easy to hit buttons on it while holding it. The main issue being moving the focus stick around while walking and ending up with the focus point in one corner or another when looking through the viewfinder necessitating re-adjustment. I don't wear a strap and don't want to , I just always walk around with it in my hand.

Other things being the pressing of the evf button on the side accidentally while adjusting one dial so it wouldn't turn on when trying to look through it and turning the diopter wheel while changing the left dial around.

Obviously just my big hands and fingers I guess. But I just started to find it really annoying. I want to stick with mirrorless so not sure whether to stick it out with the fuji or try something else.
That just sounds sloppy all round. A sloppy way of carrying the gear and exceedingly sloppy in not checking the settings before you take the shot. Of course if you are just taking happy snaps then you don't need the gear anyway.
Different gear won't solve that problem. Sounds like technique needs a rethink.
A bad workman never blames his tools.

That just sounds sloppy all round. A sloppy way of carrying the gear and exceedingly sloppy in not checking the settings before you take the shot. Of course if you are just taking happy snaps then you don't need the gear anyway.

Ouch !!

Wow what a worthless reply, even for this place. Well done.

try turning the camera off when not using it. the x-t2 wakes up very quickly (much quicker than the sony's do) and is ready to shoot. plus you save some battery while not having it on constantly.

You could try a third party hand grip, doesn't add much weight but it certainly helps with holding the camera. Not a great loss if you don't get on with it but I've found them to hugely improve my T10 as I have sausage fingers.

Or consider a thumb rest (lensmate type)

I have small hands but often carry the X-T2 about using a Cordweaver wrist strap, I haven't noticed knocking the focus point.

But count yourself lucky you haven't got an X100F, the Q button is between the joystick and RHS of the camera!!!

Although @mickledore 's reply was quite brutal, he is a straight talking northerner, he is possibly right about technique, and maybe modifying your technique will result in an improvement, otherwise maybe the X-T2 isn't for you, but maybe the X-T20 or Forthcoming X-E3 might be as they have touchscreen rather than a joystick (the latter is only rumoured at the moment), but a touchscreen might bring a new set of issues !!!

Last edited:
Focus point is easy as @mickledore show me, a quick double tap in the middle to recentre. As for evf i've never suffered that problem so I can't be of any help. I think it's just a matter of figuring it out rather than falling out with your camera.

Hi Ashley, you have a great camera in the X-T2 so it might be better to stick with it. I have the X-T20 and have been hitting the wrong buttons, but now when I take a photo I switch it on take the shot, then switch it off. I am also getting the X-T2 this week and am looking forward to learning how to use it, YES I know and will make mistakes, but IMO I will learn from them :)

Fuji XT-10
18-55mm zoom
55-200mm zoom
Lens hoods

Cheers

I was lucky as the bag I use for my X-T20 & XC 16-50 + XC 50-230mm goes in like a dream, it came from Oxfam :) Once I get the X-T2 & XF 18-55mm then I am going to re-do my Lowepro sling bag to have both the X cameras in :)

Back