The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can I ask which adaptor you're using with the Oshiro please John? I've got the lens coming but forgot to get an adaptor!

Sure, it's a K & F. KF06-101

Having an epic with my Fuji kit. I've had to send my second-hand X-T10 back to the shop under their warranty, over the weekend it seems to have had a big old electrical problem. With either of my two Fuji lenses attached, the screen flicks on and off like it's powering up and down without ever staying on. With my manual Samyang or my SpeedBooster adapter on, it powers up fine, but the mechanical shutter won't operate and it will only work on the electronic. What a faff...

Just got back from lunch and am full, OH Yes plus brought back a new X-T2 + XF 18-55mm.
Sounds like you've over eaten to me Dave, that X-T2 & lens must have taken a lot of swallowing :exit:
Only joking...obviously, well done that man, exciting times ahead :)

Sounds like you've over eaten to me Dave, that X-T2 & lens must have taken a lot of swallowing :exit:
Only joking...obviously, well done that man, exciting times ahead :)

Still waiting on the battery to charge, the lens in on the beautiful X-T2 body :D The difference in the holding is great which I love and don`t think I will accidently hit other buttons, and the whole lot feels solid, on a bad side now, It`s chucking it down :)

Still waiting on the battery to charge, the lens in on the beautiful X-T2 body :D The difference in the holding is great which I love and don`t think I will accidently hit other buttons, and the whole lot feels solid, on a bad side now, It`s chucking it down :)
That's a shame, the weather here in Norfolk is pretty dire today too but it should be better later in the week so you can get out and about.

Just got back from lunch and am full, OH Yes plus brought back a new X-T2 + XF 18-55mm.

A positive result Sir, Congrat's. "ENJOY" :banana:(y)

George.

@Dave70D Be sure to check that both the camera & lens has the very latest firmware installed Sir, it makes one hell of a difference.(y)

George.

Well I have to say, I totally love the X-T2 & XF 18-55mm and what a beautiful feel to holding it. Not great shots, but I have to start somewhere, plus it has to be with Flickr so I can check what settings. I did the firmware for the body to 2.11 but the lens was already on 3.21.

Susie Test by David Ore, on Flickr

DSCF0018 by David Ore, on Flickr

Tiger Test by David Ore, on Flickr
Looks like a good start Dave...and not a raindrop in sight either lol.

Just been reading about the different film simulations on the Fuji site - makes me wish I had experimented more when I was on holiday as opposed to sticking to Velvia and occasionally B/W!

Also realised that I left the focus setting on C and was wondering why it would re-focus when I re-composed! Feel like a right muppet now. Still a lot to learn. Will need to take the camera out with more often and play around with it.

A very nice shot indeed George, love how the eye follows it all the way though :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I always appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

My thoughts exactly, really like this one George.

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

It's subtle, but I like the footprints leading through the arches.

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate your comments & you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Just been reading about the different film simulations on the Fuji site - makes me wish I had experimented more when I was on holiday as opposed to sticking to Velvia and occasionally B/W!

Also realised that I left the focus setting on C and was wondering why it would re-focus when I re-composed! Feel like a right muppet now. Still a lot to learn. Will need to take the camera out with more often and play around with it.
If you shoot in RAW (and haven't deleted the images from your card yet), just process them in camera as whatever it is you wanted it to be, lol or all of them :)

I've been meaning to try out bunging a RAW back on the card from my store and see if that works too - if so no reason at all to shoot jpg.

Smashing subject. Folkestone ??
Love to see it as a contrasty Black and White.

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"Yes it is indeed the Arches underneath the promenade at Folkestone towards the East Cliff"

George.

Well I have to say, I totally love the X-T2 & XF 18-55mm and what a beautiful feel to holding it. Not great shots, but I have to start somewhere, plus it has to be with Flickr so I can check what settings. I did the firmware for the body to 2.11 but the lens was already on 3.21.

Susie Test by David Ore, on Flickr

DSCF0018 by David Ore, on Flickr

Tiger Test by David Ore, on Flickr

Nice set of Fujotos Sir, with the first image being my fav', that lens seems to have plenty of bite in it.(y)

George.

Went out Monday night, hoping for a nice sunset, as there was plenty of high cloud and no low to speak of. Alas, Bank Holiday Syndrome struck and no colours appeared. Today it's cool and rainy but somehow there is far more orange about. Anyway, a helpful swan turned up just as the sun had almost set, and I quite like this one, keeping it simple for once. 18-55 zoom, as so often. It would probably be sharper if I had turned on OIS (doh!), but the painterly look quite suits the subject :)

Swan at dusk
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Went out Monday night, hoping for a nice sunset, as there was plenty of high cloud and no low to speak of. Alas, Bank Holiday Syndrome struck and no colours appeared. Today it's cool and rainy but somehow there is far more orange about. Anyway, a helpful swan turned up just as the sun had almost set, and I quite like this one, keeping it simple for once. 18-55 zoom, as so often. It would probably be sharper if I had turned on OIS (doh!), but the painterly look quite suits the subject :)

Swan at dusk
by David Hallett, on Flickr

What a lovely photo David, love the reflections and the single swan :)

OK folks I need some help as can`t find it in the manual. How can I set the 1st memory card for just Jpeg and the 2nd just for Raf ?

You can't!!

In Spanner menu, select SAVE DATA SETTINGS and then CARD SLOT SETTING, you can set

Sequential - when card 1 full move onto ncard 2
Backup - write to both cards at the same time
RAW+JPG - puts RAW (RAF on card 1) and JPG on Card 2 - you can't do this in reverse (I believe), which is what you asked for.......

You can't!!

In Spanner menu, select SAVE DATA SETTINGS and then CARD SLOT SETTING, you can set

Sequential - when card 1 full move onto ncard 2
Backup - write to both cards at the same time
RAW+JPG - puts RAW (RAF on card 1) and JPG on Card 2 - you can't do this in reverse (I believe), which is what you asked for.......

Thanks David, so it`s Raw+Jpeg I need to do then :)

Thanks David, so it`s Raw+Jpeg I need to do then :)

Yes, but my view is that unless you are shooting a lot of high speed burst stuff, I would write to both card (Backup), I know a failure is unlikely but you have paid for two slots and with modern capacity cards you are unlikely to fill a single card with RAWS in one photo outing (ok a machine gun wedding tog might). My 64Gb cards will each take 1599 RAW+Fine JPGs, I'm unlikely to fill them in a day so I'd prefer to have the security of backup.

I also shoot Compressed RAW as it's lossless (bit like zipping a computer file), but not all Fuji RAW decoders will convert - Lightroom will though

I'm a bit late to the other conversation, but would echo what others have said about the virtues of turning your camera off when not actively shooting. You won't need to carry as many batteries, and you won't change as many settings by accident either (diopter adjustment on the EVF is my favourite, always causes me to wonder what's happened!). I've yet to miss a shot from doing this. My fingers now reflexively turn the camera off when I lower it and on as I raise it, and it comes on so quickly that no time is lost at all that I notice.

Last edited:
Back