The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Will check out the reviews, anyone on here used them?

Asuming I get say £170 for my xe2, the cost to change would be roughly £400 which is very tempting...

I’ve used them many times without issue. They respond to email communication very well. I’ve not gotten in touch for anything warranty related but I asked Fuji uk if they would handle warranty for non uk items and they said yes so it doesn’t really matter.

I'm going to hire a couple of lenses in the new year to make a decision on my next purchase. I've never hired before, but looking on here I see Hireacamera and Lensesforhire seem popular. My question is, Hireacamera are cheaper than Lensesforhire on almost all lenses for a 3 day period. Does anyone have experience of Hireacamera? I'd like to try and save a bit of money prior to shelling out for a new lens!

Plenty of people use them on Fujiholics, and seem happy.

There is the option of buying s/h which gives you an extended trial period. If you buy well, you should be able to use for a couple of months and then sell at a very similar price to that which you bought at.

So I was planning on selling the free grip that came with my X-T2, but now I've tried it I think I'm gonna keep it lol.

Can't wait for Christmas now, just to try this beast out. Any tips for setting up the AF for tracking a very energetic two year old? [emoji16]

You're killing me. Should have had my X-T2 yesterday. Click and collect from John Lewis via Collect+. Seems to have gone missing and currently in limbo. Trying to get to the bottom of it but rather wishing I'd just paid the extra for JL next delivery now having read some reviews of collect+. Trying to resolve with John Lewis now.

You're killing me. Should have had my X-T2 yesterday. Click and collect from John Lewis via Collect+. Seems to have gone missing and currently in limbo. Trying to get to the bottom of it but rather wishing I'd just paid the extra for JL next delivery now having read some reviews of collect+. Trying to resolve with John Lewis now.
Nightmare! If I wasn't taking advantage of the trade in I'd probably have gone JL too.

I'm lucky enough to be near Glasgow though so most stores close to hand for collection. Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

So I was planning on selling the free grip that came with my X-T2, but now I've tried it I think I'm gonna keep it lol.

Can't wait for Christmas now, just to try this beast out. Any tips for setting up the AF for tracking a very energetic two year old? [emoji16]

My first tip would be to customise some of the function buttons (I use the D pad type buttons) for AF-C tracking, AF area and face detection. You need to chose the correct AF-C setting which is buried in the menus and can take time to find. Its much faster with cutomised function buttons.

Ive heard setting no 2 is the most reliable. This will make sense when you see it in the menu.

Ben

Last edited:
Well after quite a bit of research and not getting any luck with the two-piece version, I've ordered the Sunwayfoto one-piece L bracket, which I'm hoping will arrive today.

I've just noticed that, in the photos at least, it doesn't appear to have any way of attaching a strap to it like, for instance, the Kirk one does. :LOL:

Well after quite a bit of research and not getting any luck with the two-piece version, I've ordered the Sunwayfoto one-piece L bracket, which I'm hoping will arrive today.

I've just noticed that, in the photos at least, it doesn't appear to have any way of attaching a strap to it like, for instance, the Kirk one does. [emoji38]
I personally don't get why you'd attach a strap to your bracket when there are perfectly good mounts on either side of the camera.

I personally don't get why you'd attach a strap to your bracket when there are perfectly good mounts on either side of the camera.

I quite like the strap attached to the left camera lug, and somewhere between centre and right on the bottom, using the Peak Design anchors. That said, the little XT2 and 23mm doesn't bounce around as much as a D810 and 24-70.

I quite like the strap attached to the left camera lug, and somewhere between centre and right on the bottom, using the Peak Design anchors. That said, the little XT2 and 23mm doesn't bounce around as much as a D810 and 24-70.
Yeah, I only use a wrist strap so that's why I perhaps don't get it [emoji4]

It's cheap enough (the L bracket) that I won't feel too bad about taking a drill to it if needs be. :LOL:

another from More London, this time looking the other way...

City Hall & Tower Bridge by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Excellent shot... though it might be even better with a slightly closer view point, with a wider angle lens. to give a little more space to Tower bridge. I would also trim the left blank wall as it is not adding very much.

I’ve used them many times without issue. They respond to email communication very well. I’ve not gotten in touch for anything warranty related but I asked Fuji uk if they would handle warranty for non uk items and they said yes so it doesn’t really matter.

Great - ordered one. A bargain at that price. Can't wait to get it, hoping the AF on the 35mm f1.4 is better :)

Hey folks! Good to see this thread still running strong! Been moving to the Isle of Wight and changing jobs for the last few months so had to break from here for a while due to not having the time to pee! Hope all the usual suspects are still blessing this thread and forum with their glorious presence! :D Oh.. and Merry Christmas!!

Has anyone got or used the Samyang 12mm F2.0?

Obviously it is a manual focus lens, which for landscapes isn't a big deal, however what's its image quality like compared to the 10-24? I'm currently looking at the 10-24mm but the Samyang is faster, lighter and half the price.

I'm also off to Norway in March hoping to see the northern lights. The F2 compared to F4 might be useful.

Obviously it is a manual focus lens, which for landscapes isn't a big deal, however what's its image quality like compared to the 10-24? I'm currently looking at the 10-24mm but the Samyang is faster, lighter and half the price.

I'm also off to Norway in March hoping to see the northern lights. The F2 compared to F4 might be useful.

I have one on order, don't have it yet. I wanted it for astro so Coma performance and wide aperture were the biggies for me. Reviews I read were very positive but plenty of talk of bad examples. So I decided to buy new rather than used so have half a chance of finding a good one.

I had a 10-24, it was a lovely lens but it was too big and heavy for me to cart around - recently sold it and bought another Samyang 12 f2. It fits my requirements better and as you say it's a lot cheaper - performance is very good and there is virtually no need to focus if set to <infinity

I had a 10-24, it was a lovely lens but it was too big and heavy for me to cart around - recently sold it and bought another Samyang 12 f2. It fits my requirements better and as you say it's a lot cheaper - performance is very good and there is virtually no need to focus if set to <infinity

MPB had a second hand one on stock in "Excellent" condition. Picked it up for £200 so will see what its like.

I need to keep remembering the reason I switched to Mirrorless was to save weight....when I get tempted by the 16-55mm 600g plus and the 10-24.

MPB had a second hand one on stock in "Excellent" condition. Picked it up for £200 so will see what its like.

I need to keep remembering the reason I switched to Mirrorless was to save weight....when I get tempted by the 16-55mm 600g plus and the 10-24.
[emoji23]

I'm laughing because I'm the same. I already have the 10-24mm and my bag just got heavier swapping bodies and adding the 55-200mm.

Any more will just be silly.

I'm on my 2nd Samyang 12mm, the first one I had I felt was a bit soft, and also at the time I didn't get on with the FOV, a couple of months ago, I thought that I should try again, I'm much happier with this one, but I find that my focus distance is actually very short to get sharp images. On the 8mm, you focus to infinity and then back off a bit and everything from your feet to the horizon is in focus. With this 12mm thats not the case (and reading on the net, there are plenty of people who say that at inifinity its actualy focussed past infinity!, so it might be a common theme with this lens)

It does have significant distortion towards teh edges but you would expect that, and now LR has a profile for it, a lot can be corrected at the touch of the button.

I still haven't made my mind up if I'm keeping it, but it is growing on me!

I've had two of these, but couldn't get on with them. The first seemed to have a strange colour cast to it which made it seem soft; upon trying the second one it still exhibited those traits. Also I found it very difficult to focus at close distances, and at infinity it was quite a bit beyond. Very happy with my 10-24, despite its bulk. Also the focus ring on all Samyang lenses I have tried, for Fuji and m4/3, has been extremely stiff.

I have one and the results are uniformly excellent. I'm going to buy the 10-24 anyway but that's just because it's a more versatile lens for landscape. Don't think you'll see a lot of difference either way in terms of quality but for astro the Samyang is obviously more suitable because of the max aperture. My only tip would be to use some kind of focus assist with it, as it's quite easy to be mistaken about what's really sharp and the distance scale is too vague to be very helpful.

I'd love a prime at the wide end of the 10-24 scale. 14 and 16 just aren't wide enough when I'm used to a 16 on full frame.

Yep, I love mine! Small and very sharp from wide open with great light gathering for low light stuff. It does have a different colour cast than my Fuji lenses, but it is easily corrected.

This model was in sale at Amazon just recently for £210ish!

Samyang make a 10mm, its usually a special order from most Samyang dealers, but WEX have them https://www.wexphotovideo.com/samya...TU9lFSi69lYyb3OZBfiJQDo7j1mw7BXhoCRWIQAvD_BwE

The 10mm is an SLR lens as far as I remember...will be quite long due to the built in adapter / tube. Wonder what it's like?

Edit: Here you go courtesy of the Fuji X forum:

http://iloapp.jajarietje.be/data/_gallery/public/2/140640014981077200_resized.jpg

Edit2: Might make sense to buy a Canon/Nikon version and Fuji adapter, in order to maximise the chance of selling it on in future if you were to buy one.

Last edited:
The 10mm is an SLR lens as far as I remember...will be quite long due to the built in adapter / tube. Wonder what it's like?

As opposed to a mirrorless lens? I hadn't given much thought to construction differences.

Edit2: Might make sense to buy a Canon/Nikon version and Fuji adapter, in order to maximise the chance of selling it on in future if you were to buy one.

I'm not terribly convinced by going off brand, much less involving adapters. I'd be looking for a wide angle to be able to use my XT2 for the paid gigs, which mostly involve getting the majority of an orchestra in frame. This can be anywhere around Europe, so having kit that is firstly dependable, and secondly is somewhat easily replaced when I need to find a camera shop in Germany in an emergency, are big plusses. :)

Last edited:
Back