The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That is bizarre. I bought from Wex/Calumet and was handed the grip there and then. I understood that the leather case applies to the T20 or XP2 rather than the X-T2? Worth checking with Fuji I'd say.

Re: the grip, I misread your comment mate. I'm not that interested in an L bracket with added grip as such and a no name version will do me just fine I'm sure [emoji106]

For whatever reason, John Lewis and Currys are different. You need to claim from Fuji themselves. Link is here:

https://www.fujifilm-redemptions.co.uk/x-t2.php

You can see that they clearly state it's a claim for a battery grip but I think some sloppy editing means that the smaller text below that is referring to a leather case. I'm not worried now.

Just to clear up my question about L-brackets.

I've ordered one of these for when I'm using camera without battery grip:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MTQ8B0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought that because I don't like this type with the hand grippy thing:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boliner-L-...8&qid=1513693616&sr=1-2&keywords=x-t2+bracket

What I'd also like (maybe) is something like this:
https://www.wexphotovideo.com/kirk-bl-xt2g-l-bracket-for-fuji-x-t2-with-vpb-xt2-grip-1612658/

But £163.99 cheaper :)

Agree with all of the above, no clarification needed mate. I'm not fussed about a bracket for use WITH the booster grip. I'm likely to use one or the other.

I got in touch with Camera Gear UK, who said they have both the one and two-piece versions of the XT2 L bracket in stock, but only have the one piece appearing in the adverts. I'm keen to get one of the latter, but they have gone quiet since I enquired about actually ordering.

Update: they did reply but it went in to my spam folder. They are now out of stock of the two piece version, and restocking is likely to be slow.

I've ordered one of these for when I'm using camera without battery grip:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MTQ8B0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does this allow the side door to fully open when on a tripod?

Last edited:
Does this allow the side door to fully open when on a tripod?

Not sure. Though I shall let you know in a day or two when I get some nice parcels from the postman.

In all honesty I'd been worried about this initially and had a asked a question along those lines a few weeks back but I understand that the latest firmware allows programming shutter speeds several minutes long, it's got a comprehensive built in intervalometer and threaded cable release so I decided I'm not going to need to get in the port cover for a timer.

I guess if you want to keep the l-bracket fitted the whole time, it might make usb charging/connection a pain. I'll let you know.

Not sure. Though I shall let you know in a day or two when I get some nice parcels from the postman.

Thank you. I have the Canon remote release with the smaller jack head on it, and it seems from various googling that it can just about clear the RRS L bracket when in the vertical position, so I'm hoping the cheaper copies are the same.

Anyone know of any discount codes for the fuji online store? I'm a hair's breadth from pulling the trigger on a refurbished x-t20. If the old paypal12 code still worked I would have done it!

Anyone know of any discount codes for the fuji online store? I'm a hair's breadth from pulling the trigger on a refurbished x-t20. If the old paypal12 code still worked I would have done it!

Sadly I think you’re out of luck. What about Panamoz ?

Sadly I think you’re out of luck. What about Panamoz ?

From the importers, it looks like digital rev are the cheapest. What are fuji like with warranty's on imported cameras?

Also - to help fund it, I'd be selling my XE2. What would a used one go for these days?

Last edited:
From the importers, it looks like digital rev are the cheapest. What are fuji like with warranty's on imported cameras?

I’ve had a couple Fuji bodies from Panamoz. Never had a problem with either.
Panamoz give, and honour a 3 year warranty.

Right, apologies for all the tree hugging in recent days, normal service has been resumed...

v2

https://500px.com/photo/239659621/more-shard-by-ash-smith

Also - to help fund it, I'd be selling my XE2. What would a used one go for these days?

Have you had a look at e-infinity? Seemed very good on x-t2 pricing

Looking for Fuji gear? Try Cambrian Cameras in Conwy. They are one of the biggest Fuji dealers in the country. EXCELLENT service, good prices.

DSCF0005.bw.jpg

Been playing dogs again. Can't work out how to put the picture where I want it in the post though!

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0021.bw.jpg

Startng to get on top of the XT2 a bit. Still a lot more reading of the manual to do though. These are all hand held with the 50-140. f2.8 or f4, or inbetween.

Last edited:
The first of several pics taken in and around Oxford with the unusual benefit of white stuff. This one is a two-shot vertorama with the 18-55. I discovered you have to work pretty fast when it's falling to get the shot before your front filter gets snowed on, even with a hood.

Bullstake Stream in the snow
by David Hallett, on Flickr

I like the idea of a vertorama - I'll have to give it a try.

The first of several pics taken in and around Oxford with the unusual benefit of white stuff. This one is a two-shot vertorama with the 18-55. I discovered you have to work pretty fast when it's falling to get the shot before your front filter gets snowed on, even with a hood.

Bullstake Stream in the snow
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, great comp’, well exposed, and snow that’s actually white with detail. Mind you I’d not expect anything less from you.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Just had a look, they have a xt20 for 589?! It doesn't say it's second hand and it doesn't appear to an import? How is that possible... What am I missing and are they legit?

I believe they’re imports. Not used them myself but I understand their warranty isn’t as comprehensive as a Panamoz etc. Prices look keen though.

They seem well regarded on trust pilot and some good reviews on here too.

Just had a look, they have a xt20 for 589?! It doesn't say it's second hand and it doesn't appear to an import? How is that possible... What am I missing and are they legit?
I’ve used them for the odd lens with no problems. Appeared to be despatched from the UK with no delays.

I believe they’re imports. Not used them myself but I understand their warranty isn’t as comprehensive as a Panamoz etc. Prices look keen though.

They seem well regarded on trust pilot and some good reviews on here too.

Will check out the reviews, anyone on here used them?

Asuming I get say £170 for my xe2, the cost to change would be roughly £400 which is very tempting...

Has anybody done much video with their X-T2? I'm at a wedding in a couple of weeks and fancy having a play...

I like the idea of a vertorama - I'll have to give it a try.

Definitely worth a try when you can't shift your position much (I was on a small bridge) and don't want to go changing lenses. You'll lose some of one of the shots, but not lots, most likely.

The closer the foreground is, the more likely the distortion from tilting the camera will cause issues, but it's surprising what Lightroom will stitch at times.

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, great comp’, well exposed, and snow that’s actually white with detail. Mind you I’d not expect anything less from you.(y)

George.

Very kind George, as ever!

Thank you kindly Ma'am, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.
I like it too, nice clean shot. I think there's an alternative crop to be had that loses quite a lot of the bottom half but keeps the best bits of the reflections, but this version certainly works and takes it well away from "tourist snapshot", IMO :).

I like it too, nice clean shot. I think there's an alternative crop to be had that loses quite a lot of the bottom half but keeps the best bits of the reflections, but this version certainly works and takes it well away from "tourist snapshot", IMO :).

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

"I too was wondering about the final framing etc and did look at alternative presentations, but finally decided on the whole of the reflections as it takes in more of the Christmas scene and just adds a little more sparkle to the snap. Unfortunately I didn't have time for much photography as I'd only flown in from the USA earlier in the day for a business meeting in London which went on a lot longer than expected and I wanted to get back down to Kent as I was begining to get quite tired after a long flight and day"

George.

I like these... Contrast is high but it works. I like the dark eyes with nice catchlights.

It isbecause I haven't got lots of fancy editing stuff - just Nikon Capture 2, that's it. And I won't be downloading anything that needs a subscription I'm afraid either. I will try the Silkypix that people have told me about - I just need to work out how you get it into the computer first (no, this stuff isn't easy. It is quite daunting actually, which is why I haven't plucked up the courage to do iit yet!) But thank you - I did find that reducing the contrast lost the depth in the blacks. I don't know how to avoid that, I was always taught you had a range of tones in a good B&W from pure white through to jet black. So that is what I try for.

Last edited:
So I was planning on selling the free grip that came with my X-T2, but now I've tried it I think I'm gonna keep it lol.

Can't wait for Christmas now, just to try this beast out. Any tips for setting up the AF for tracking a very energetic two year old? [emoji16]

I'm going to hire a couple of lenses in the new year to make a decision on my next purchase. I've never hired before, but looking on here I see Hireacamera and Lensesforhire seem popular. My question is, Hireacamera are cheaper than Lensesforhire on almost all lenses for a 3 day period. Does anyone have experience of Hireacamera? I'd like to try and save a bit of money prior to shelling out for a new lens!

Hardly 'SMPLE'...quite a bit of thought has gone into it i think. Lovely picture.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

Back