The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Finally got a chance to use my new 10-24 for something. Not the most remarkable of pictures, but I'm impressed with its ability to resolve distant detail. Especially as I thought I focused on the bridge! In the full size version I can look at the solar panels on the distant roofs and quite clearly see the individual tiles. Wasn't using a tripod either, despite the fairly low light.

Evening walk
by David Hallett, on Flickr

my Mrs doesn't like this photo as our daughter's hair is a mess. i quite like it as a fun photos though.

Untitled by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr
That’s a cracking capture !
for me these are the best kind of shots natural and un-posed GR8 piece of work and a priceless memory to look back on

Still haven't really had a chance to get out with the new (to me) camera as I'm still recovering from a hospital stay. This is just a quick snap of the Mrs the other day as I was messing around with it, a small channel of light came through the door so I had her sit there to get a shot. Should have moved the spotty scarf!

Shot with the 35mm f/2, a superb lens.

XT1-1521 by Craigus89, on Flickr

Lovely capture !
Here’s wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Hey !! fellow Fujigraphers, sure is some really "EXCELLENT" work being posted on this thread recently. Keep up the good work its a pleasure to view it all.(y)

George.

Still haven't really had a chance to get out with the new (to me) camera as I'm still recovering from a hospital stay. This is just a quick snap of the Mrs the other day as I was messing around with it, a small channel of light came through the door so I had her sit there to get a shot. Should have moved the spotty scarf!

Shot with the 35mm f/2, a superb lens.

XT1-1521 by Craigus89, on Flickr

Cracking shot Craig, and agree a superb lens.

Very nice shot Tim, your getting the hang of the T2 + 35mm f2 so time to ditch the 5D3 :)
I still need the longer lenses for motorsport, some of my train shots, and possibly next weekend at LAGC (the best position for the masquerade is at the far end of the hall, on the balcony, but I might just go in close with the 35 or 18-55). So the 5D3 won't be going anywhere immediately. It might end up replacing the 7D that my youngest takes on school trips. (His teacher was surprised by the 7D and long lens, I'd love to see his face if David turned up with a 5D3 and 70-200L lol).

However, I am really enjoying the Fuji, loving the way it handles and enjoying the EVF.

While I like the idea of a top screen and an angled shutter release, it seems that they've removed the cable release from the shutter button (which was one of many reasons I went for the X-T2 as well as the 1 [which also lacks this feature]). All my most used lenses have OIS so I don't need IBIS and I don't shoot videos. I'll pass on this and see what the next X-T has to offer.

Surely aimed more at the video market with Ibis and the top plate screen thingy?

It depends a bit on how much of a real upgrade the 3 is over the 2 and how useful those changes might be to me. If they aren't as much use to me as the ones made between the 1 and 2, I may well just take advantage of the fall in value of 2nd hand 2s (as the market gets flooded with them like it did with the 1 on the 2's release) and get another one or two. Of course, if the 3 DOES offer ME any significant advantages, I might succumb to my GAS!

This is particularly good to hear, because this afternoon my X-T10 developed the same issue! Hope I get the same result...
Hows this going for you?

Edit to remove the kiss at the end... Stupid muscle memory will get me in trouble!

Last edited:
While I like the idea of a top screen and an angled shutter release, it seems that they've removed the cable release from the shutter button (which was one of many reasons I went for the X-T2 as well as the 1 [which also lacks this feature]). All my most used lenses have OIS so I don't need IBIS and I don't shoot videos. I'll pass on this and see what the next X-T has to offer.
The other issue is it's a lot bigger than the X-T2: http://camerasize.com/compare/#772,679
The top-down view on that site is quite revealing...

It almost feels like the X-H1 is to the XT2 what the Olympus EM1 was to the EM5, basically the same tech but in a larger body (with a proper handgrip) and some improvements to AF (albeit IBIS has been added too which was in both Olympus’s).

If this had launched with the new up-coming X-Trans IV sensor which is rumoured to be closer to 30MP then it would have been very interesting but as it stands the 24mp X-Trans III sensor is getting on a bit now.... also if they decided to just source a Sony non-Xtrans sensor (say the 42mp sensor from the A7rii/A7riii) then I’d camp outside Fuji HQ in Japan to wait for it!!!

It almost feels like the X-H1 is to the XT2 what the Olympus EM1 was to the EM5, basically the same tech but in a larger body (with a proper handgrip) and some improvements to AF (albeit IBIS has been added too which was in both Olympus’s).

If this had launched with the new up-coming X-Trans IV sensor which is rumoured to be closer to 30MP then it would have been very interesting but as it stands the 24mp X-Trans III sensor is getting on a bit now.... also if they decided to just source a Sony non-Xtrans sensor (say the 42mp sensor from the A7rii/A7riii) then I’d camp outside Fuji HQ in Japan to wait for it!!!

From what I gather XTrans takes a lot more processing power/time (x2 or x3?) so any increase in mp count would mean that the electronics would need to have had their Weetabix every morning to cope and keep the speed up which could have issues for heat and battery performance.

TBH the whole XTrans and the waffle that goes with it puts me off and if they'd gone for a bayer sensor I may well have bought into the system but I assume they went the XTrans route for differentiation. Whatever the case they have XTrans and they'll have to cope with the issues that causes as the mp count rises.

Last edited:
Back