The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That’s what I love about Fuji - that is a cool update with some useful features. They are the only manufacturer that adds gamechanging new abilities to cameras long after they are out, even at risk of cannibalising their own sales. When I got internal F-Log and 120fps 1080 on my X-T2 over 2 years after it had come out I was gobsmacked!

One from an all-too-brief trip to London last week - had hoped to get few nights there with work but a change of plans reduced that to just one.

Shard steps
by
Brian M, on Flickr
Love it Brian

I got asked to take some pics of tourists on those steps a few weeks ago

Let me know next time you're in London, i'm often wandering along the river with a camera

Love it Brian

I got asked to take some pics of tourists on those steps a few weeks ago

Let me know next time you're in London, i'm often wandering along the river with a camera

Cheers Pete! I normally don't have that much time to myself on these trip but I'll keep it in mind - a local guide is always good!

Love this Brian always been a sucker for sunstars, what lens was this with?

Thanks Graham - the XF16-55mm - 16mm & f/8.

That would be the 10-24mm ;)

You would have been right with this guess 99% of the time Ian.... just not this time! :)

Damn. I went on the fact it's in a 10-24mm group or two [emoji16]

Oops. Need to fix that . It's automatic with me now that I drop my Flickr images in there. I checked the exif and it was definitely the 16-55 .

Last edited:
One from an all-too-brief trip to London last week - had hoped to get few nights there with work but a change of plans reduced that to just one.

Shard steps
by
Brian M, on Flickr

"Excellent" Fujigraph, liking this shot very much.(y)

George.

No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get to spend the weekend in Chamonix. Weather wasn't ideal - this was about the only bit of blue sky I saw - but the scenery was great and snow plentiful at higher altitudes. I bought a secondhand XC 50-230 for the trip but never used it, as I ended up spending most of my time in valleys rather than on peaks. Oh well, another time... Will hopefully be ordering an X-T2 this evening, if I get a mo.

Aiguille de Loriaz
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Sao Vicente de Fora in the rain, Fujifilm XT-1, XF18-55mm @ 18mm

46372729901_cc6e2aba3a_b.jpg

Messing around with the fuji app, as a remote (which I actually found pretty cool tbh) ... Anyway, here`s me being arty :D

fascination by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Like this a lot. My XT2 never has an issue connecting to the app. My XH1 and XT3 (one IS going back) never connect. Such a pain.
Great shot though

Messing around with the fuji app, as a remote (which I actually found pretty cool tbh) ... Anyway, here`s me being arty :D

fascination by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very creative Fujigraph, good on you for trying these things, this one works very well.(y)

George.

Like this a lot. My XT2 never has an issue connecting to the app. My XH1 and XT3 (one IS going back) never connect. Such a pain.
Great shot though

Thanks Nick. Shame your other TWO won`t connect, although I have to manually, as my phone automatically connects to my house wifi.

Great shot and reminds me......I must get the Mrs to hold my illuminated balls one night

Haha thanks Pete, I think I`ll look forward to those pix ;)

Very creative Fujigraph, good on you for trying these things, this one works very well.(y)

George.

Thank you George :)

Anybody struggling with waxy skin in Lightroom from the XT3 RAW files?

I just don't like the way its handling the files..

Not one problem from me using the X-T3, in LR you might be doing something wrong. Of all the Fuji X cameras I have owned and do own, I have never seen it, but that`s just me.

Not one problem from me using the X-T3, in LR you might be doing something wrong. Of all the Fuji X cameras I have owned and do own, I have never seen it, but that`s just me.

the only time I have seen anything approaching "waxy" skin is when working with high ISO settings. This has been with "All" makes of camera including Fuji.
It is usually caused by the over enthusiastic reduction of the inherent "Noise" at these settings. rather than the nature of the sensors.

Featureless skin can also be the result of over enlargement, when no more detail is to be found. this would be emphasised by particularly flat lighting.
Of course higher Pixel counts are able to show detail at higher magnification than lower pixel counts.
None of these things are "maker" specific.

Some makers use better Jpeg engines than others, but that is another story.

According to Fuji rumours the X-T30 will be launched 1st Qtr. 2019.
Anyone interested?

Just sold one of my Canon DSLR lenses and now I find myself hankering after a new Fuji lens before the £100 off voucher ends after the weekend. Trouble is I don’t know which one! Thinking either the 55-200 or the 10-24 for use mainly with landscapes. Currently have the 18-55 and 23 f/2. Too many choices! Lol.

Back