The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

All the colours of the rectum

That'll be just pink then... (Sorry, had a colonoscopy yesterday and made the mistake of looking at the video screen!) :puke:

Excuse me for posting this in here but thought it might interest some. Was in my local camera shop and heard a rumour that the X-H1 body is going to be on sale for £1230 from the 24th, then there is the £230 cash back...
Yeah saw that on an email somehwhere... missed out on Black Friday - just need to decide... XH1 for £1000 or XT3...

Sat pondering the same thing myself swaying towards a T3 at the mo.

Its really the extra size of the XH1 and the IBIS thats swaying me, I'm mainly looking at the 23mm f1.4 and 16-55 so stabilisation would be nice!

Free grip on the XT3 thought too....

Last edited:
Having had an X-T2 (same size as the X-T3) and now an X-H1 to be honest, I don't really find the X-H1 much bigger or heavier than the X-T2 (especially as I predominantly used this with the X-T2 metal hand grip to give a little more extra hold). I do love the X-H1 and with the latest firmware improvments, the IBIS now isn't that far off the Olympus / Panasonic IBIS in my EM1.2 and G9 (which are widely reported to be about the best you can get at present).

However if video is your thing, or tracking fast moving subjects, then i think the X-T3 will probably edge the X-H1 for those reasons.

Its really the extra size of the XH1 and the IBIS thats swaying me, I'm mainly looking at the 23mm f1.4 and 16-55 so stabilisation would be nice!

Free grip on the XT3 thought too....
The trouble is, having IBIS encourages you to buy lenses such as the 16-55, which is no light-weight. Wouldn’t be without mine though! Best thing Fuji has done to their bodies in a long while.

Been a great year for Fujifilm, the XH-1 and XT-3 are outstanding products, not to mention the 200mm F2 beast, been a pleasure owning my cameras this year.

Happy Xmas X Series shooters

And so say all of us!

The trouble is, having IBIS encourages you to buy lenses such as the 16-55, which is no light-weight. Wouldn’t be without mine though! Best thing Fuji has done to their bodies in a long while.

I can admit to being a 16-55 lover.... that a 16 and a 23 and I'd be happy!

I've not been able to do anything with my new X-T2 in the past few days (inner ear problems) but today I finally got as far as taking the first step that I'd planned - taking the same picture with the same lens (35mm f/2) with both the X-T10 and the X-T2 and comparing the results.

I won't bore you with the pictures, which are very dull, but I concluded a few things.

(i) There is a certain amount of difference in the RAW files between how an X-Trans 2 and an X-Trans 3 render colours. Tentatively, this seems to be favouring red a bit more in the X-Trans 3, green a bit more in the X-Trans 2. This is most noticeable in things that are strongly yellow, and in the shade of grass. It's not too difficult to match them if desired. SOOC, I think I prefer the X-Trans 3 rendering.

(ii) The ability of the 35mm prime and the 24MP sensor to render detail are a very nice match. Wow!

(iii) I agree with what others have said: with the increased cooperation between Fuji and Adobe over X-Trans 3, the default sharpening in LR seems quite satisfactory and I don't feel the need to use the X-Transformer plugin, based on what I've seen so far.

Picture is with the X-T10, which will in future be my backup camera, and for use with the Rhinocam...

Merry Christmas one and all!

Savonnerie Santa
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Last edited:

I can admit to being a 16-55 lover.... that a 16 and a 23 and I'd be happy!

The 16-55 is a belter, but must admit gone with a 18-55 with the idea of maybe getting a 56mm f1.2.

Had a play with the 8-16mm f2.8 today it is somewhat larger than the 10-24 f4.

Looks like my purchase of the XT-3 is close now with the free grip and the extra 10% off the lenses :). Wrt the £100 body cashback does anyone know if I can just trade in a body only or do I need a lens too? Cheers all, and a Happy Christmas!

I've started using C1 for RAW and find it to be quite a bit easier to get great results than the latest LR CC. I say easier because I've never managed to get as good results with LR and the X-T3 but it might well be possible in more skilled hands. It was odd because I found the X-T1 to be fine with LR. Anyway, I liked the Fuji Express results so much I bought the full program.

Thanks, I had read that I just wasn't sure as it said camera (which in my view really is just the body :)) so just wondered if others had traded in just a body and had successfully got the cashback
I did when I traded in my X-T10, body only. No lens required.

Picked up mine for £799 minus the cash back from Wex using a £100 off voucher.

That's a result I used the voucher to get the 10-24, have been saying to myself I wasn't getting a 16-55 this time around but after picking up a H1 on Christmas Eve. The thing putting me off getting 16-55 from Amazon is would it actually qualify for cash back? It does say sold and dispatched by Amazon but I always wonder when getting stuff from Amazon who you are actually buying it from.

That's a result I used the voucher to get the 10-24, have been saying to myself I wasn't getting a 16-55 this time around but after picking up a H1 on Christmas Eve. The thing putting me off getting 16-55 from Amazon is would it actually qualify for cash back? It does say sold and dispatched by Amazon but I always wonder when getting stuff from Amazon who you are actually buying it from.
Wex had a voucher code too, you don't actually need the Fuji voucher, just apply at check out ;)

EDIT: That may have changed to 10% off now, though that's still £89.90 off plus cash back so £809.10 before cash back.

Last edited:
Back