The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Ok thanks. If it can that would be a bonus, but I guess even only being a couple of months old is a good thing in itself.

xT3 and 50-140mm f.2.8 and all my other goods turned up tonight, Batteries on Charge...

xT3 and 50-140mm f.2.8 and all my other goods turned up tonight, Batteries on Charge...

That’s a “Positive Result” in my book, congrats and “ ENJOY”

George.

Had a play with a X-T30 today

My local camera shop, LCE Gosforth UK, had a Fuji day today. One of the Fuji team were there with various cameras and lenses.

I was interested in the X-T30 and how it compared to my X-T20.

Having read a lot and reviews various YouTube videos I was pretty well up on the differences but wanted to have a play with it.

I am sure you are well aware of what the X-T30 does better than the X-T20 however one thing I found out was that the front command dial can be set to do different function just like the X-T3.

This has always bugged me with the X-T20 as pressing it does nothing. However the X-T30 can be set, just like the X-T3:

7fe729178a974728b63b9410d958b1ad

Of course this may not be news to anyone here and if so sorry that I am behind the news :)

I have pre ordered one :)

Last edited:
Had a great talk today with the young lady that has asked me to take some promo shots for her, then went for a mooch and bumped in to Eric. X-T3 +XF 50mm f2.

Eric by Dave, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph, liking this shot very much.(y)

George.

I've never been 'mainstream' in my artistic tastes but I am having a lot of fun with adapted lenses at the moment - and Fuji cameras really excel with this - particularly the X-T1/2/3 with their large viewfinders . A recent acquisition has been a couple of M42 Meyer-Optik lenses which must be at least 50 years old - a 50mm Oreston f1.8 and a 30mm Lydith f3.5. Meyer lenses are known for their bokeh - a bit like the Helios 44, but different.

Bubble Bokeh by Andrew R, on Flickr
X-T2 and Meyer-Optik Lydith 30mm f3.5

This is an ongoing process as I have seen some wonderful images with these lenses - but at least I'm understanding the technique better now - maybe not to everyone's taste though :)

Oops. :D

20190301_155103-1862x1397.jpg

Only just arrived so not had a chance to play with it past some basic checks to make sure it is working.

One thing I have noticed,is it sounds like something is loose inside, there is a slight click light like something is sliding inside when I turn the lens over. However it seems to be working fine so I don't think it is damages, but could be a tolerance issue. Is it a known 'quirk' of this lens by any chance?

Oops. :D

View attachment 238641

Only just arrived so not had a chance to play with it past some basic checks to make sure it is working.

One thing I have noticed,is it sounds like something is loose inside, there is a slight click light like something is sliding inside when I turn the lens over. However it seems to be working fine so I don't think it is damages, but could be a tolerance issue. Is it a known 'quirk' of this lens by any chance?

That's perfectly normal with the 55-200mm lens and several other lenses that Fuji produce.

George.

Last edited:
I've never been 'mainstream' in my artistic tastes but I am having a lot of fun with adapted lenses at the moment - and Fuji cameras really excel with this - particularly the X-T1/2/3 with their large viewfinders . A recent acquisition has been a couple of M42 Meyer-Optik lenses which must be at least 50 years old - a 50mm Oreston f1.8 and a 30mm Lydith f3.5. Meyer lenses are known for their bokeh - a bit like the Helios 44, but different.

Bubble Bokeh by Andrew R, on Flickr
X-T2 and Meyer-Optik Lydith 30mm f3.5

This is an ongoing process as I have seen some wonderful images with these lenses - but at least I'm understanding the technique better now - maybe not to everyone's taste though :)

You have given me an idea.... I have an M42 converter for my Swarovski scope which I could use with some old M42 lenses.... Will see if I can find something half decent for not a lot of money ;)

I have not used either of my X-T3s yet for weddings, but will be next year. AF on it is just great so have it on Face/Eye detect and you will be fine.
I might use eye detect for portraits but during 'live action' ceremony in particular not sure I trust it enough yet! might flip to zone tracking or single point af-c at those points.

Thanks Paul, one of the stags attacked someone quite badly before Christmas so I tread very carefully now

Jeeze mate, i don`t blame you. For me, even the 100-400 wouldn`t be long enough ;)

Lovely job Paul but please stop it, I don't have time to learn about stacking, stop tempting me

Thanks, Pete. Haha I`ll try not too tempt you too much, but I`m still learning/ practicing ;)

“Excellent” stacked close up Fujigraph, good colour with fine detail.

George.

Thank you kindly, George.

Love capture Steve, which Zoo is it?

Love capture Steve, which Zoo is it?

Thanks Andy, it was at Whipsnade.

They have been very elusive on my past visits, but yesterday they were both out of the tree and feeding on the bamboo. I've wanted to get this shot for years, but they have always up out of the way on all my previous visits. Quite chuffed with this one, especially as the sun broke through for a moment and caught his face. It'll be on the wall in the new place when we move :giggle:

Back