The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Very nice stacked Fujigraph, good colour and plenty of detail.

George.

Thank you George :) I`m quite liking this stacking lark :)

Well my X-T2 won't switch on at all - tried different batteries but nothing - a google search shows a lot of people have had same problem in last year, I'd had a few times when it acted up a bit and had to take battery out and replace it to get it to fire up but it's dead now - Bought in April 2018 so under warranty and it's off to be assessed and hopefully repaired. Thank god it's not my primary camera.

Got my x-T2 back last week - took just over a month and they replaced main board - bonus in that they updated firmware to latest version.

I'd forgotten how much custom setting up I'd done after buying the camera last year - took me a morning to get it all back the way I wanted.

Got my first pic (of Inverness Caledonian Thistle scoring a goal yesterday) published today so it's back earning its keep

Yep the 10-24 is lovely lens but can I put in for a shout for the 14mm f2.8 imho not far off the 16mm, doesn't focus so close but is a lot smaller and lighter.
Or if you want an extra wide prime there is the samyang 12mm get a good copy and its very nice and again small & light plus one of the best wide angle astro lens for the Fuji.
Love my Samyang 12mm - one of my better purchases

OK, I'm sorry for yet another Hellebore shot but it's virtually the only photogenic plant in the garden at the moment. This one was taken with an X-T2 and a Meyer-Optik Lydith - a 10 bladed 30mm lens at f3.5 (wide open) - shot into the light in order to achieve some of the 'bubble' bokeh that Meyer lenses are renowned for.

Bubble Bokeh - Hellebore by Andrew R, on Flickr

Two cracking images Graham, both beautifully taken but the 1st is a great shot and reminds me of something like a mystery murder movie who done it.

Thanks Dave

Fab. These really float my boat.

Cheers Trevor

Love the ambience of the first, and the framing & "colour pop" on the 2nd. Both very good.

Thanks Steve

Turns out this week's FujiFilm UK featured photographer is... me :)

instagram.com/fujifilmx_uk
BANNED/fujifilmx_uk

Congrats Ash, great to see.

Well the mother of all mounts arrived today 3ft x 2ft with a custom aperture for a 2:1 ratio print. printed on Fotospeed Matt Ultra (13in x 23.4in cut down A2 and fed through an A3+ printer) - (picture taken in Dinorwic, with Llyn Peris, with Snowdon in cloud off to the right - X-T2 + XF14mm)

PBnWFt1h.jpg

Well the mother of all mounts arrived today 3ft x 2ft with a custom aperture for a 2:1 ratio print. printed on Fotospeed Matt Ultra (13in x 23.4in cut down A2 and fed through an A3+ printer) - (picture taken in Dinorwic, with Llyn Peris, with Snowdon in cloud off to the right - X-T2 + XF14mm)

PBnWFt1h.jpg
Nice photo and looks like its come out well.
Not so sure about the size of the mount though, looks a bit big, but no doubt a personal preference thing

Two X-T3s one silver one black an X100F and soon to be an X-T30 + XF56 f1.2 :fuji::D
I lost the plot many years ago, but look forward to getting my hands on those new Fuji :)

The problem with lots of Fuji bodies, is the depreciation, when the X-T4 is announced, an X-T3 will be approx £650 trade in, a few months later is will be £400, so in just over two years the camera body will be less than 30% of its new price (I went down this road earlier in my X series journey), IMO better to invest in glass - but I do understand the convenience of not having to swap lenses. But that sort of investment would have me looking at the Leica Q2, as this has 28/35/50/75 mm modes, and even in 50mm its still generating a 15MP file.

The problem with lots of Fuji bodies, is the depreciation, when the X-T4 is announced, an X-T3 will be approx £650 trade in, a few months later is will be £400, so in just over two years the camera body will be less than 30% of its new price (I went down this road earlier in my X series journey), IMO better to invest in glass - but I do understand the convenience of not having to swap lenses. But that sort of investment would have me looking at the Leica Q2, as this has 28/35/50/75 mm modes, and even in 50mm its still generating a 15MP file.
Exactly! Even checked to see how much all my Fuji gear would net me if sold. The answer? Not enough [emoji26]

Thought about it late last night, and after getting my thoughts right it is only going to be glass so the XF56mm f1.2 it is.

@Dave70D @Ian W Unfortunately the camera manufacturers are all on a race to the bottom at the moment, with multiple cashbacks, trade in bonuses etc, all designed to increase sales and attempt to protect dealer margins. None of them dare to get off the bandwagon. This means that unless we buy gear at sensible prices it depreciates like a stone, bodies very quickly and lenses slightly less so. If it wasn't the Fuji lens price increase about 18 months ago, the secondhand value of the lenses would have taken a bigger hit as well.

Its easy to buy lots of stuff when offers are available as man-maths comes into play and the justification becomes simple. I've managed to go from 3 ILC Fuji bodies and 11 lenses to 1 body and 5 lenses, has my photography got worse, well I don't think so but others may differ!! I skipped the X-T3 as for my type of shooting I didn't think it offers me enough to upgrade, and my X-T2 still feels like a new camera.

@Dave70D my advice is after buying the 56mm, stop buying gear, use the money you would spend on gear on photographic adventures (I'd even consider selling the extra X-T3, unless you are going down the paid gig/wedding front), the X-T3+56mm plus X100F make an ideal combo for pub gig photography.

@Dave70D @Ian W Unfortunately the camera manufacturers are all on a race to the bottom at the moment, with multiple cashbacks, trade in bonuses etc, all designed to increase sales and attempt to protect dealer margins. None of them dare to get off the bandwagon. This means that unless we buy gear at sensible prices it depreciates like a stone, bodies very quickly and lenses slightly less so. If it wasn't the Fuji lens price increase about 18 months ago, the secondhand value of the lenses would have taken a bigger hit as well.

Its easy to buy lots of stuff when offers are available as man-maths comes into play and the justification becomes simple. I've managed to go from 3 ILC Fuji bodies and 11 lenses to 1 body and 5 lenses, has my photography got worse, well I don't think so but others may differ!! I skipped the X-T3 as for my type of shooting I didn't think it offers me enough to upgrade, and my X-T2 still feels like a new camera.

@Dave70D my advice is after buying the 56mm, stop buying gear, use the money you would spend on gear on photographic adventures (I'd even consider selling the extra X-T3, unless you are going down the paid gig/wedding front), the X-T3+56mm plus X100F make an ideal combo for pub gig photography.
Spot on. I've no interest in upgrading bodies at all and still use the X100F and X-T2 with the rest all being glass (Only 3 lenses).

I do wonder if the Q2 would be able to replace them all mind you!

Back