The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hi all

Forgive me for not reading the previous 1165 pages to see if someone has already answered this query :D

I'm interested in the X-T3 but would need fast primes covering the FX equivalent of a 35mm and 85 mm, and ideally something wider than 20mm too (which I have a 14-24 zoom for)

So what 3 lenses would you recommend ??? Forget price, that's not really an issue, and Fuji's own or a 3rd party is fine too :)

Ta

Dave
I use the 23 1.4, 56 1.2 and 50-140 2.8 for event and wedding work with the 16-55 2.8 in the bag as a back up if required.

Why the ;) ???

Do they soak up water like a sponge ??? EEK !!!

My cameras rarely get more than a hint of drizzle are no Brides of mine go out in the rain :D

Dave

All of mine have been out in the rain without issue, but just wanted to make you aware.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone's looking for a 16 1.4 but Amazon seem to have reduced the price significantly (£699) and it appears to be eligible for cash back which takes it down to £519.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W6VZLFA

Unfortunately I am skint!

I’ve decided to move on my 16-55 and move back to primes (For now) 16mm f1.4 duly ordered at that price and also a 23mm f1.4 (Favourite lens).

Has anyone used any of the “cheap” manual glass like the 7artisans 35mm?

Just taken delivery of another XT2 from the Fuji refurb shop, so expect more comments from me in this thread. I’d forgotten how small it feels compared to the XH1!!

Congrat's, they're a fine camera. "ENJOY".

George.

E-Infinity have the 27mm f2.8 for £125 currently and I've been missing having a prime lens, so I've ordered one and today it's arrived, it's so small and light, when the postman handed me the box I thougth it was empty!

I've tried it out on my X-T20 today and wow, sharp, so sharp!

Cannot wait to give this lens a proper try!

E-Infinity have the 27mm f2.8 for £125 currently and I've been missing having a prime lens, so I've ordered one and today it's arrived, it's so small and light, when the postman handed me the box I thougth it was empty!

Would like to see some shots taken with this. I’ve been toying with the idea of adding one to my arsenal, and at that price it’s a no brainer really

Would like to see some shots taken with this. I’ve been toying with the idea of adding one to my arsenal, and at that price it’s a no brainer really

When I take some I'll post some here, from the test shots I've taken around the house I'm impressed.

Before switching to Fuji, I used Nikon and had the 35mm f1.8, as far as IQ goes I can already tell the 27mm is superior, in my oppinion.

My first real play around with the X-T2 and only have the one lens so far (50-230) and no PS as I loathe paying a tenner a month for life and never owning it, I am thinking about Affinity but undecided yet, anyway quick edit of my first decent attempt with the Fuji.

flower by danger_mouse1964, on Flickr

Try Capture One, it’s buyable, and works well with Fuji, I have Affinity, but the rendering of raw files is no where as good as capture one

That was the first lens I ever bought for Fuji when I had the XT1, little cracker it is. Not the fastest AF and a little noisey, but it is very sharp.

A few I think Nick im away for a couple of weeks but when I get a chance I sort some out for you, are you going to the London meet next month? I should be and I bring it along and you can have a try if you want.

Yes I am. That would be great if you could mate

Thanks guys - I'll look into those suggestions :) just not ready to buy yet, soz addicknchips

I'm actually spending a day with Fuji shooting bridal in July, so hands-on fun might bring my purchase forwards :)

Dave

The 16mm is something else, even I can get decent images with it, so it must be good!!! :LOL:

Has anyone here tried the new 16mm 2.8 yet? Some reviews show that its soft at close focus but seems to be sharp for standard shooting, looks a fun lens besides that con. Trouble for me is close focusing is what i love to do most :/ WOuld love the 16 1.4 but it's a FL I don't know that I'd use very often

The X-T2 is a mighty fine camera but now the 3 is out, and I have played with it, I am in lust with the 3

The X-T2 is a mighty fine camera but now the 3 is out, and I have played with it, I am in lust with the 3

Of course there are subtle improvements besides, it really depends on your needs. Many XT2 owners felt there wasn't sufficient improvements to upgrade, which is testament to how good the X-T2 is tbh. Those who needed or just wanted faster AF and/or better video functionality upgraded. But tbh, ignoring inflated trend reviews, if you don't do video work professionally this won't matter to you.

Very nice, I think B&W landscape is under-rated. You do have a stubborn dust spot up top though just under 1/3rd the way in from the left. Unless it's a bird?
Sharp eyes!!! It does look like a dust spot.

But faster AF would for airshows
Don’t know if I had been upgrading from XT2, whether I would have got the XT3, but I was changing systems from Nikon.
AND, the XT2 was on special order at LCE., whereas the 3 was in stock, and a good deal.

Very nice, I think B&W landscape is under-rated. You do have a stubborn dust spot up top though just under 1/3rd the way in from the left. Unless it's a bird?
Well spotted and thanks for pointing it out. I've looked at other images taken that day and can't see it. Ill take some today at F16 and see if its there.

Well spotted and thanks for pointing it out. I've looked at other images taken that day and can't see it. Ill take some today at F16 and see if its there.

More likely a bird as dust spots aren't usually as dark, they're kind of transparent

Hi all

I need some practical advice to:
A) Stop what may be GAS

and

B) To ensure I take the right gear with me!

A friend has asked that I take informal photographs of a birthday party been held in a barn with a band playing in an open area outside. I said as I'm attending as a guest I'll do some photographs during the first hour then after that my gear is locked away and I can enjoy the party. The party is next month on an evening so some light at this time of year outside. The barn for the indoor bit is an old stone building with very little natural light.

I was thinking of only taking my16-55 2.8, 23mm 1.4 and maybe my 56mm. I also have a Nissin i40 flash (I rarely use!)

Will that be sufficient for the lighting keeping the shutter and ISO high ish? My GAS says buy the 50-140mm 2.8. My head says not needed.

Counseling and advice appreciated ;)

Hi all

I need some practical advice to:
A) Stop what may be GAS

and

B) To ensure I take the right gear with me!

A friend has asked that I take informal photographs of a birthday party been held in a barn with a band playing in an open area outside. I said as I'm attending as a guest I'll do some photographs during the first hour then after that my gear is locked away and I can enjoy the party. The party is next month on an evening so some light at this time of year outside. The barn for the indoor bit is an old stone building with very little natural light.

I was thinking of only taking my16-55 2.8, 23mm 1.4 and maybe my 56mm. I also have a Nissin i40 flash (I rarely use!)

Will that be sufficient for the lighting keeping the shutter and ISO high ish? My GAS says buy the 50-140mm 2.8. My head says not needed.

Counseling and advice appreciated ;)

Ah, had to edit, thought the band were playing in the barn. For general shots in a badly lit area where you want to get photos of people the flash will be handy. Just aim it up and bounce, you won't need fast SS, you should be safe with flash anywhere between 1/60 - 1/125th and with flash you should be able to keep the ISO to 800-1600, even if you have to hit 3200 Fuji cameras are more than capable at this level

Last edited:
Back