The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That`s a sure way to screw up the sensor imo. I`m bad enough just cleaning the damn thin, let alone trying to attach a bloody filter.

The B&W suits this shot best in MHO.

The B&W suits this shot best in MHO.
Thanks, I'm not normally a fan of B&W, but seem to be doing a little more now. I think it works pretty well with the sky. Minutes later I was running for cover.

Question Guys,

I’m looking to purchase the Canon 100mm L f2.8 Macro lens to use with a Viltrox EF-FX2 Auto Focus Lens Adapter 0.71 x Focal Reducer Speed Booster to use on my X-T3. I’m reading this as I will have Auto Focus and Image Stabilisation from the lens, is that correct?

Question Guys,

I’m looking to purchase the Canon 100mm L f2.8 Macro lens to use with a Viltrox EF-FX2 Auto Focus Lens Adapter 0.71 x Focal Reducer Speed Booster to use on my X-T3. I’m reading this as I will have Auto Focus and Image Stabilisation from the lens, is that correct?

You will indeed have both. How good the AF is I don't know, I had the Viltrox for M43 and it worked pretty well with the latest FW, but I didn't have this lens. It is one I wouldn't mind having though so if you go for it let us know how it goes

Last edited:
Wonder if anyone who has used an X-T2 and X-T3 could offer some genuine user experience on the relative abilities to track fast moving subjects.

It's been a year or so since I sold my X-T2 and I'm starting to have an urge to pick up another Fuji. But in the year that's passed we have acquired a high speed dalmation and the kids haven't slowed down much either! I'd like a camera that can keep up.

One of the slight frustrations that I had with my X-T2 was that I never felt 100% confident in the AF-C system. It seemed capable enough when everything was set right but I missed a lot of stuff working out what mode may or may not be right for the subject. One thing I've come to appreciate about my Nikon DSLR's is that generally the focusing can be used as 'one size fits all'. I basically never need to change anything whatever I'm shooting. Downside is that they're charmless, bulky cameras. Great tools but not inspiring to use.

I have just got the XT3 and find it usless for BIF but my Nikon D500 is great.

This is the sort of thing that worries me. I read a lot of reviews of the xt2 before buying it and I can see that in certain scenarios it did a great job but all these tests tend to be very controlled pre-planned stuff. I want to able to pick the camera up and just start shooting without having to give it much thought.

Last edited:
This is the sort of thing that worries me. I read a lot of reviews of the xt2 before buying it and I can see that in certain scenarios it did a great job but all these tests tend to be very controlled pre-planned stuff. I want to able to pick the camera up and just start shouting without having to give it much thought.

There may be settings lurking in the XT3 menus to achive BIF but to date I have not found them !!!

I have just got the XT3 and find it usless for BIF but my Nikon D500 is great.
Out of interest, what lens are you using?

This is an ancient (14th century?) pack horse bridge. Now almost covered by a later road bridge over the river Tame, in Uppermill Saddleworth.
It has been in poor condition for many years, but if it fell it would block the river.
It is so over grown not many people know it is even there.
A five shot hand held pan. Fuji X T30.T30X0402N-T30X0418N.jpg

Last edited:
After recently saying that my SanDisk Extreme Plus cards have been brilliant, one has just died on me after a trip to an airfield today ;):oops: :$:mad:. The backup JPGs seem to be fine, but I think it's time to out them both and get a new pair.

I was looking at these Anyone suggest why not?

Wonder if anyone who has used an X-T2 and X-T3 could offer some genuine user experience on the relative abilities to track fast moving subjects.

It's been a year or so since I sold my X-T2 and I'm starting to have an urge to pick up another Fuji. But in the year that's passed we have acquired a high speed dalmation and the kids haven't slowed down much either! I'd like a camera that can keep up.

One of the slight frustrations that I had with my X-T2 was that I never felt 100% confident in the AF-C system. It seemed capable enough when everything was set right but I missed a lot of stuff working out what mode may or may not be right for the subject. One thing I've come to appreciate about my Nikon DSLR's is that generally the focusing can be used as 'one size fits all'. I basically never need to change anything whatever I'm shooting. Downside is that they're charmless, bulky cameras. Great tools but not inspiring to use.

I bought the X-T3 and 100-400 hoping it would be a lightweight alternative to my D500 and 200-500mm for BIF.
Its really been a waste of money because the results have been very hit and miss, the hit rate being too low. Sure, by the law of averages you do get some in focus shots. As a result I've now sold the 100-400 and am selling the X-T3.

Last edited:
Even before I looked on Flickr I thought got to be the XF90mm, one hell of a sharp lens.

We went to see the house we're buying today, so I just picked up my bag with a T2, 10-24, 35 & 90 all in it. While talking to the owners they told about the airfield so we went for some lunch, and this was flying around. They also have a couple of old Chipmunk RAF trainers and a Boeing Stearman biplane as well. So once we move in I'll go up there armed with the 50-140 too.... Great little place, lunch was good too.

After recently saying that my SanDisk Extreme Plus cards have been brilliant, one has just died on me after a trip to an airfield today ;):oops: :$:mad:. The backup JPGs seem to be fine, but I think it's time to out them both and get a new pair.

I was looking at these Anyone suggest why not?

I use them in my X T30 as far as I know there is very little if any difference in performance.

We went to see the house we're buying today, so I just picked up my bag with a T2, 10-24, 35 & 90 all in it. While talking to the owners they told about the airfield so we went for some lunch, and this was flying around. They also have a couple of old Chipmunk RAF trainers and a Boeing Stearman biplane as well. So once we move in I'll go up there armed with the 50-140 too.... Great little place, lunch was good too.

Always nice to have something like that on your doorstep (y)

You growing Barley in your garden? What is it, a farm??? :D:D

Haha I wish ... No just tall grass :) We`re pretty wildlife friendly (lazy arse gardeners). Or as what seems to be the new catchphrase, Re-Wilding :D

Just ordered Viltrox EF-FX2 from Amazon, will be here tomorrow, also just purchased an as new Canon 100mm L 2.8 Macro Lens which should arrive on Tuesday. Can’t wait to try this combo on my Fuji’s.

Just ordered Viltrox EF-FX2 from Amazon, will be here tomorrow, also just purchased an as new Canon 100mm L 2.8 Macro Lens which should arrive on Tuesday. Can’t wait to try this combo on my Fuji’s.

Looking forward to seeing the results (y)

Two very nice Fujigraphs, particularly liking #1 with good comp’ and lovely use of aperture giving a nice OOF background.

George.

Thank you George (y)

Has anyone encountered this message before? “The camera has reached maximum internal operating temperature” I’ve just bought a pair X-T3s and setting the first one up I got the above message. I also noticed the rear screen was a bit laggy when viewing it ( although this could be a setting)
The firmware is the latest iteration.
All seems to be a bit strange.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a very common sight these days of someone totally engrossed in their cell phone texting.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1000th @ F7.1, ISO-200, Handheld.

Texting (1)-03038
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Has anyone encountered this message before? “The camera has reached maximum internal operating temperature” I’ve just bought a pair X-T3s and setting the first one up I got the above message. I also noticed the rear screen was a bit laggy when viewing it ( although this could be a setting)
The firmware is the latest iteration.
All seems to be a bit strange.

Had a similar message when setting up my XT30 nothing to worry about.. setting up keeps the camera active far far more that actually using it. You probably noticed it flattens the battery faster too.

Last edited:
Had a similar message when setting up my XT30 nothing to worry about.. setting up keeps the camera active far far more that actually using it.

Thanks Terry. I never saw it on the H-1 or T-2 so was a bit concerned

Back