The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

After some deliberation, I've made the swap. I purchased a XT-2 today, can't wait to start shooting on it! Just need a lens...

What were you shooting beforehand? and what lenses? You might get some good suggestions for something similar for the Fuji system.

Thinking of getting another bag - Lowepro slingshot, does anyone know if the 200 or 202 is big enough to take the 50-140 still attached to xt3 with battery grip. Cheers

What were you shooting beforehand? and what lenses? You might get some good suggestions for something similar for the Fuji system.

I was using a D750 and a D7100 and lenses from wide angle to telephoto with a 35mm and 50mm prime.

I've got a 10-24 ordered so far, the prime lenses look amazing though!

Going to make an appearance in the thread.. HEY! Will give it a test later

68825794_10162457332310227_6522053812029489152_n.jpg

I was using a D750 and a D7100 and lenses from wide angle to telephoto with a 35mm and 50mm prime.

You can't go wrong with any of the Fuji primes really, the 35F2 or 50F2 would compliment your WA zoom nicely. I might go for the 50F2 myself, looks a cracker. If you preferred the 50mm look on your FF camera then the 35mm might be better for you. There is a 1.4 35mm also but it is slower to focus, noisier and lacks weather sealing.

Very nice combination, never used the 50-140 but the 16-55 is a beast. Good to use for pro work wide open right through

These are what I suggested my client purchase for their own photographic purposes outside of hiring me. They have a pair of bodies and two of each lens, will try them out, set them up and then show my client how to use them.

These are what I suggested my client purchase for their own photographic purposes outside of hiring me. They have a pair of bodies and two of each lens, will try them out, set them up and then show my client how to use them.

I remember something about school plays? They should be great for this purpose and school sports etc, if the 50-140 is as fast as the 16-55 it'll be a treat to use for that

I remember something about school plays? They should be great for this purpose and school sports etc, if the 50-140 is as fast as the 16-55 it'll be a treat to use for that

Something like that, I do plays and sports - but there will be some similar smaller stuff which they won't need professionally covered.

I just found the flash that comes with the camera, love it!

Something like that, I do plays and sports - but there will be some similar smaller stuff which they won't need professionally covered.

I just found the flash that comes with the camera, love it!

Ha, yeah that flash can be handy in a pinch, you need to diffuse/bounce it somehow though as it casts shadows passing any lens bar the tiny primes. Little bit of DIY does the trick, make a little bounce card - best thing about it is no batteries required

The 35mmf2 would probably be a good bet.

Postie couldn’t deliver my XF90 today. Will get it resent tomorrow as the missus will be in.

X-H1 & grip ( with two batteries ) £999 at WEX.

No point trying to sell a used one now then :/

Last edited:
X-H1 & grip ( with two batteries ) £999 at WEX.

No point trying to sell a used now then :/

The grip can be got for £150 on Camera Jungle, so the hit is more on that than the camera itself. The X-1 has been floating around 850 used - in exc condition for a long time now.

The grip can be got for £150 on Camera Jungle, so the hit is more on that than the camera itself. The X-1 has been floating around 850 used - in exc condition for a long time now.

My X-H1 grip is still in the box wrapped up, as never use them at all.

My X-H1 grip is still in the box wrapped up, as never use them at all.

I purposely bought mine minus a grip with the intention of maybe adding a grip later, knew they could be got used. Wanted to see how the default grip would suit first. Haven't had the urge for the battery grip at any stage since, have the camera 5 months now. I do pack an extra battery in the bag, and have yet to run both down on a day's shooting

One from earlier today - The 16mm should never be accused of being near macro or anything of the sort, BUT, you certainly can get close - this hoverfly was very accommodating, actually bumped the hood off the flower he was on more than once as I kept edging closer. What the lens does do fantastically well is what I would deem to be 'environmental macro' - where you are including much more of your subject's surroundings, and I really like this type of image. More so than intense close ups of a bug's eyes only in fact.

f/8, ISO 800, H-1 + 16 1.4
Calm hover by K G, on Flickr

One from earlier today - The 16mm should never be accused of being near macro or anything of the sort, BUT, you certainly can get close - this hoverfly was very accommodating, actually bumped the hood off the flower he was on more than once as I kept edging closer. What the lens does do fantastically well is what I would deem to be 'environmental macro' - where you are including much more of your subject's surroundings, and I really like this type of image. More so than intense close ups of a bug's eyes only in fact.

f/8, ISO 800, H-1 + 16 1.4
Calm hover by K G, on Flickr

That`s a cracking shot Keith, I love how close the 16mm can focus when you need it.

This was another from the same outing, but this was at 2.8 so barely managed to keep the fly in focus - what I could do was keep the ISO to 100! Just shows how you can mix it up. I did try some at 1.4 for the craic, but almost impossible to get the fly in focus there. With practice though ...

DSCF2505 by K G, on Flickr

Interesting development on the third party lens front. Viltrox - who just recently released an AF 85mm 1.8 for the Fuji system, have 3 more offerings on the way. The purists will say 'why buy these when Fuji have similar or better' - but the budget minded, like me, love to see some competition. The 56 1.4 for example, at the right price might tempt me because the Fuji 56mm is that bit out of reach right now. It would have to be priced in or around the same as the Fuji 50mm F2 and be as quick and sharp. Also this 33mm 1.4, if it has fast and silent focusing could serve a KO to the 35 1.4 Fuji. If we are to go by the 85mm 1.8, reviews on that one have been mostly positive and it has been suggested by some as a good alternative to the 90mm, for less than half the price new.

https://www.fujirumors.com/new-imag...d-56mm-f-1-4-autofocus-lenses-for-fujifilm-x/

11-1.jpg

Odd that they all look much the same, but what we also learned from the 85mm is their lenses are built like tanks, all metal, very sturdy and don't feel in any way cheap or tacky. Note the 'E' on two of them, this is for Sony APSC - these are specifically made for APSC unlike the 85 which was a full frame lens. This should make them lighter and smaller.

Last edited:
Back