The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

These are the same as I had seen on amazon. Ordered a set and see how I get on with them. Planning on using them with the 18-55 and 55-200mm. There are some nice woodlands around my area to test them out in.
How well would these work with the 18-55? I see that they both cannot be stacked with the 23f2, which is my only other lens.

Does anyone here use extension tubes on their Fuji? I would like a go at some macro stuff, but likely wont do enough to warrant buying a new lens. Looking on amazon the Fuji tubes cost around £65 for either the 11mm or 16mm.

There are however loads of third party tubes that come as a complete set for around £30 and claim to enable all the same auto features as the fuji tubes. Has anyone used any? Would the original Fuji tubes be better in any way?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MK-F-AF3-E...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9GC15ECQBP9B6HCCHZS0

Thanks
Ben
DSCF8683-Fotoklub.jpgDSCF8280-Fotoklub.jpg

Just got back from being out, had an email off Jessops saying they will give me trade in to the value of £1,210.75 so now I do have to think. Do I get another X-H1 bundle or two lenses as Mum is getting me the X100F for xmas.

Going to go with the Xpro2 and add a bit to get it, then mum will get me a lens so I will be one happy bunny. Xpro 2 here I come :cool:

Just ordered a s/h X-E1 for the change I found down the back of my sofa. I’m too paranoid to walk/climb any distance without a spare camera so the trigger was pulled. Seems to be an XPro1-lite. More than enough as a cheap backup I hope. I’ll probably like the handling more than the X-T2 and start sniffing around the XPro3 when it lands.... :D

Sounds a plan. I’m sure you know but 100 quid cashback on trades till end of month, (by which time they’ll have another deal/discount/offer ready for Xmas. :p )

The thing that pushed me more to the Xpro2 is Dual card slots and WR plus it will be great for my 35mm and 50mm f2s.

Just ordered a s/h X-E1 for the change I found down the back of my sofa. I’m too paranoid to walk/climb any distance without a spare camera so the trigger was pulled. Seems to be an XPro1-lite. More than enough as a cheap backup I hope. I’ll probably like the handling more than the X-T2 and start sniffing around the XPro3 when it lands.... :D

There's nowt wrong with an X-E1 - I recently picked up one for £45 and it's mint. Autofocus is a bit slow but with the modern Fujicrons it doesn't seem at all bad on static subjects - and of course, the output is superb - even at 16MP.

I'm really liking the 27mm. It is an astoundingly good combo with the X-E3. I'm nowhere near as happy with the 50-140. It's a good lens that can deliver the goods, but too frequently I'm seeing strange blurring that isn't me. I'm thinking the OIS isn't behaving as it should.

X-E3 + 27mm f2.8
Light shafts over the bay by Kyle, on Flickr

50-140mm f2.8
In the rain by Kyle, on Flickr

That`s a well taken shot George, if I had to guess then I`d say taken even from the pier or the marina looking down on them.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

"Not sure what you call it, but it was taken from a pier type construction to the right of the "Brighton Pier" as you look at them from the promenade"

George.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

"Not sure what you call it, but it was taken from a pier type construction to the right of the "Brighton Pier" as you look at them from the promenade"

George.

Sounds like the thing that I call the Jetty, made from stone flint and concrete.

Sounds like the thing that I call the Jetty, made from stone flint and concrete.

That’s it in a nutshell (or rather the sea) :).

George.

How well would these work with the 18-55? I see that they both cannot be stacked with the 23f2, which is my only other lens.

Im no expert but im guessing that both can't be used because the working distance is to close? Need to check but I think you cant stack both withe the 16mm either?

Edit. you cant use the 16mm tube on the 16mm. But thinking about my statement it docent really make sense so just ignore me talking crap as usual :)

Last edited:
There's nowt wrong with an X-E1 - I recently picked up one for £45 and it's mint. Autofocus is a bit slow but with the modern Fujicrons it doesn't seem at all bad on static subjects - and of course, the output is superb - even at 16MP.

£45, Wow.! Thought mine was cheap. :) I’m ok with slowish af, trees and mountains don’t move around too much. :p I’ll have a try at a pic or two of our dog though..

I didn't realise X-E1s were that cheap now! I almost bought one, when they were new, but decided to stick with Canon for a few more years.

Im no expert but im guessing that both can't be used because the working distance is to close? Need to check but I think you cant stack both withe the 16mm either?

Edit. you cant use the 16mm tube on the 16mm. But thinking about my statement it docent really make sense so just ignore me talking crap as usual :)
That makes sense, it just seemed strange to me that the Amazon link posted specifically mentioned the 23mmf2, as not working, but no other lenses.

Love this Paulie, great job done I`d say.

Thanks Dave, appreciated :)
It took a fair bit of work, and had to remember how to use displacement layers so I could get the texture on her face properly.

Got bored, so had a play around with photochop ...

Original image was just my daughter. The rest was added, kinda aiming for a woodland fairy type thing ;)

T2 56mm @f2
Little Pixy by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice portrait style Fujigraph, a different presentation that I think the PP works very well for the occasional use.

George.

Very nice portrait style Fujigraph, a different presentation that I think the PP works very well for the occasional use.

George.

Thank you, George :)
I think I'll try displacement layers on some other stuff to. If I can get her to pose that is haha

Thanks lads, yeah @Dave70D I think he H1 with the 16mm and 50mm is a lovely little set up, just missing a macro and some form of tele option and I'd be happy as a wee piggy in a puddle :)

If you in no rush to get a XH1 with grip and the extra batteries & 16-55 and dont mind getting one from B&H in America they are doing it for the approx £1230 including shipping and all import duties and taxes. The same price if you replace the 16-55 with he 18-135 and approx £1200 for the 90mm instead.

i did see that offer but didn't pay too much attention as it was B&H - i assumed duties etc wouldn't be taxed.
looking to sort a few bits for wedding on saturday so time is of the essence.

Back